Divinity: Original Sin 2

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Believe me, I have been to every website guide and been to every vendor in-game. The books don't exist in my save.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Depending on what burns you out, maybe consider a Lone Wolf playthrough. With the naturally slower pace of turn-based combat, I personally felt like dealing with a full party in D:OS dragged on a bit; only having to deal with two characters helped with that. Also meant that I only had to keep two character builds in my head at any one time.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, I mean... I had a hard time figuring out which NPC's had Scoundrel books, as well. Act II was a real bitch, because by the time I figured out the guy who had the books, I had already killed him. Act III was difficult as well, although I can't remember why? I think because the guy who had the books, didn't have a lot of them? Maybe?

As for your situation, I dunno.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am happy to report that I proceeded to Chapter 6, Arx and there are vendors with Scoundrel books. Finally.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
I just started playing this and am only on Act 2 but it's great. Really scratches the Baldur's Gate itch and makes me hopefully that they can deliver on BG3. I wish there was more distinction between classes, but it's also kind of fun to mix and match skill trees to build a unique character rather than having having every bit of progression tied to your class choice.

Still figuring out how to best distribute non-combat skills like thieving, finding traps, talking with animals, etc. and balancing them with progression of combat abilities.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
After my experience with this game proved I could enjoy turn based combat, I went to darkest dungeon and it was awesome. Definitely a solid quarantine time killer

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I've been replaying this for the past couple'a days, and I dunno if it's the fact that I've already played through this or what, but it's a whole lot different this time rather than last. Last time I was dying a lot. Especially in Acts I and II. This time, I only had three complete wipes. One time to Radeka (the witch in the cave in Act I) and twice in Mordus' cave.

A couple'a tips, go hard in the paint for whatever you're choosing to do. If you want a character to be a summoner, dump all your extra points into summoning. If you want a tank, dump all your points into 1 handed or warfare, etc. Then start multi-classing.

I've done this with 3 out the 4 available, and it's worked out pretty well.

The only one that I haven't done it with is yours truly, I went with huntsman and hydrosophist. But even that's better than, "Oh, I think I'll spend points here, there, everywhere..."

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I played through this with 2 chicks, archer necro/summoner and a archer/aerothurge with some other +2 skills thrown in there, etc...but I followed an online walk through for the quests and shit on normal ddifficulty. Pretty good game even though im not into single player games at all. I just wish there was areas where enemies respawned, maybe a more dynamic world with more replayability. But enjoyed it, have something like 80-90 hours into it and only have the final boss battle to go.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Final boss is great. Do yourself a favor and go in cold (no walkthrough) for the first attempt. It's challenging and chaotic. My first playthrough took me a few attempts. When I went back on lone wolf x2 playthrough, I was laughing at how hard I rolled it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
The nice thing now is you can access the larian mods and add a vendor in each act that allows you to bring an item up to your current level. It is expensive gold wise but very nice to keep a couple pieces of perfect statted gear up to date or the uniques like the archers gloves that don't have anything close to them for the whole game even if they drop at like level twelve.
Pay particular attention to saving some of the named stuff, particularly the ring of intelligence. Certain of them can be upgraded this way to be top-end gear later on.

Also pay attention to collecting/buying all the ingredients you can for certain scrolls, like teleport, apotheosis and skin graft. Chain-resetting your skill cooldowns in a fight can be hillarious. My 3rd playthrough I did with a friend and I quietly stocked up on them throughout the game. Then my lightning mage just went totally ham in the final fight and killed everything in one turn after the enemy was all on the board, including the kraken. :)

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Pay particular attention to saving some of the named stuff, particularly the ring of intelligence. Certain of them can be upgraded this way to be top-end gear later on.

Also pay attention to collecting/buying all the ingredients you can for certain scrolls, like teleport, apotheosis and skin graft. Chain-resetting your skill cooldowns in a fight can be hillarious. My 3rd playthrough I did with a friend and I quietly stocked up on them throughout the game. Then my lightning mage just went totally ham in the final fight and killed everything in one turn after the enemy was all on the board, including the kraken. :)

ring of intelligence is saved because its the only ring in the whole game with a rune slot which makes it better than every other ring for casters.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
For anyone that is returning to DOS2 because of BG3:

There's a rather interesting overhaul mod called Epic Encounters 2 that introduces some new mechanics that make building characters much more interesting, along with overhauling status effects and some other things.

The biggest addition is a sort of talent tree that lets you really customize a characters build. Tanks and supports become really useful.

It adds a fair amount of depth and complexity to the game, and has a good amount of polish for a mod

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Fun game, but always get burned out and just can't seem to finish it
Had the same problem. I was going to finish it, starting over for definitive was meh.

Started up definitive edition with a pal this week. I think enough time has passed and the dust has settled. Here goes.

Pathfinder is another story, do not know the state that one's in. Hopefully figure out how to skip all the barony stuff when I get back to it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
For anyone that is returning to DOS2 because of BG3:

There's a rather interesting overhaul mod called Epic Encounters 2 that introduces some new mechanics that make building characters much more interesting, along with overhauling status effects and some other things.

The biggest addition is a sort of talent tree that lets you really customize a characters build. Tanks and supports become really useful.

It adds a fair amount of depth and complexity to the game, and has a good amount of polish for a mod

Cool but figuring out a build and what goes together is a mess.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Cool but figuring out a build and what goes together is a mess.
Checking out the google doc for what the reactions do will show you what the core targets are in the ascension tree, and then it's a matter of targeting the nodes you want.

Here's a doc for what each tree has for nodes:

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
has anyone tried this couch co op, 2players one computer?

split screen looks fine on 4k, and they split the screen vertically, but i don't know beyond that. (i haven't touched the game in years and i only just pressed start on two controllers)