Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

axeman_sl

shitlord
But it's an actual quest where you trick this orc into telling you where he buried his brother's armor, and then you go and dig it up. It's clearly a pair of unique items specifically designed for that location. I can't imagine they'd randomize that with a chance for there to just be nothing.

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Really enjoying the game, few nitpicks that need to be patched:

esc key needs to close boxes, etc. THEN open main menu...
if inventory screen is open, shifting between characters should shift the inventory screen.
Need rogue and healer companion. My first chars where sword/board warrior and wizard, pretty redundant...
Is the game truly 3d? Why give a camera that has limited swivel? Unless its just a really good illusion, in which case its so good it fooled me.
Lower the dex for a basic bow! The bad guies never seem to have a lack of ranged options...

Grimsark

Playing this game's made me want to compare it to BG1 & 2.
Time to pull out the enhanced editions? (If I can pull myself off this game long enough.)

(edit)
rrr_img_70376.jpg

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
So is this game legit? I was afraid that it'd be some generic and tedious slow-paced fluff. How does it stack against the great isometrics? Is it any fun?

Caliane

Really enjoying the game, few nitpicks that need to be patched:

esc key needs to close boxes, etc. THEN open main menu...
if inventory screen is open, shifting between characters should shift the inventory screen.
Need rogue and healer companion. My first chars where sword/board warrior and wizard, pretty redundant...
Is the game truly 3d? Why give a camera that has limited swivel? Unless its just a really good illusion, in which case its so good it fooled me.
Lower the dex for a basic bow! The bad guies never seem to have a lack of ranged options...
Space loots all, and auto closes containers.

inventory. the arrows are not ideal. yeah. But, swapping chars, not swapping inv is better really. this is due to splitting party, etc. Like how youc an have one char talk to an npc, swap to char two mid conversation, and walk around. steal, pickpocket, break into doors, etc.
In fact, its better because, you can open more then one inventory screen.
hit I, open inventory. Select character two. Hit I again. another inventory screen will open.
you can then put them side by side.

I like that is forces that camera angle honestly. Otherwise it would be NWN2's camera. which was way worse.
There is a top down option, on the right of the minimap, if you like that.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
But it's an actual quest where you trick this orc into telling you where he buried his brother's armor, and then you go and dig it up. It's clearly a pair of unique items specifically designed for that location. I can't imagine they'd randomize that with a chance for there to just be nothing.
I wanted to see what I would get from that quest, it was some non-magical level 3 leather armor, not very impressive. So yeah I'd say on your first completion you just got lucky.

Also, if any of your characters have the lucky charm ability, have them loot all of the chests and bodies. Every once in a while they will get a "LUCKY LOOT" message over their head and what they are searching usually contains a slightly better than normal item. Easiest way to get a point in lucky charm is to have someone have the romantic character trait. I am not 100% confident that the person with lucky charm needs to be the one opening the container, but I have only seen it happen when that character is looting.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
In fact, its better because, you can open more then one inventory screen.
hit I, open inventory. Select character two. Hit I again. another inventory screen will open.
you can then put them side by side.
Also, just right clicking on a character portrait will open a new inventory/character sheet window for that character.

Raign

Golden Squire
This game is great. I have not enjoyed a tactical / RPG game this much since Baldur's gate series. There are a few bugs etc, but I am really enjoying it. Some of the puzzles are actually pretty legit as well (elemental pillars took me a good while but the rewards were very worth the effort).

Incidentally anyone else find the indestructible 'Made in Japan' artifact sword? Makes your door bashing life so much easier :p

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You can unlock the camera in the options menu but will tell you campaign wasn't made for it and you will see missing graphics.

Telekinesis is amazing rank 4 through loot stats and can move oil barrels or whatever halfway across the screen.

If you see a Ornate Chest quick save then loot, quick load if you don't like what you got. Repeat until you do, helps to have some new that can ID items.

Also my game crashed and now every potions name is blank and doesn't work, just shows the stack number and description. Same on all my saves even the ones on the ground I haven't picked up yet
frown.png

Hannibal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fights get a lot better on map 2 as well. They use a full range of debuffs now along with rezzes and summons. The mob summoned Elementals hit like a fucking truck too, 250+ elemental damage unmitigated by armor so use those resist potions you've been picking up! only costs 3AP to drink and can save a ton of damage.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok awesome game from what I played yesterday. Two things:

1) I am out of resurrection spells and I need to buy another one. I have a dead companion. I am just outside the start of the game with the burning ship. Where can I find these? I have looked everywhere.
2) For the love of God... The bantering NPC's interrupting my concentration in reading the story is at an all time fucking high.
After I killed the monsters outside the initial dungeon before the first town, (This isn't a spoiler) the NPC's that helped KEPT SPEAKING THE SAME DAMN PHRASES EVERY 1 SECOND WHILE TRYING TO LISTEN TO THE STORY NPC AND ASK QUESTIONS AND READ REPLIES. Holy shit! "HE DIED SO YOUNG" said 50 times over and over and over again within a span of 1 minute is VERY ridiculous and about made me rip my ears off. Patch that shit.

Other than that, it is a lot of fun and well worth the 39 bucks
smile.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that burning ship is the first part i heard the repeat loops of dialogue, they need to disable it or tone it way down.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok awesome game from what I played yesterday. Two things:

1) I am out of resurrection spells and I need to buy another one. I have a dead companion. I am just outside the start of the game with the burning ship. Where can I find these? I have looked everywhere.
2) For the love of God... The bantering NPC's interrupting my concentration in reading the story is at an all time fucking high.
After I killed the monsters outside the initial dungeon before the first town, (This isn't a spoiler) the NPC's that helped KEPT SPEAKING THE SAME DAMN PHRASES EVERY 1 SECOND WHILE TRYING TO LISTEN TO THE STORY NPC AND ASK QUESTIONS AND READ REPLIES. Holy shit! "HE DIED SO YOUNG" said 50 times over and over and over again within a span of 1 minute is VERY ridiculous and about made me rip my ears off. Patch that shit.

Other than that, it is a lot of fun and well worth the 39 bucks
smile.png
Second floor of Inn talk to lady with bodyguard, open trade before you finish conversation.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picked this up last night and loving it so far. Haven't done much except the initial battle and doing the first dungeon. Haven't gone to town yet.

I initially picked cleric and fighter for my 2 characters, but after reading about the companions you get I rerolled as a cleric and ranger so I have group variety early on.

One thing I don't like necessarily is after a conversation you get bonus points in different things, and you have no clue what that bonus point will be in. After dinking around for an hour I had a bonus point in 4 different things, which means I had no bonus in anything (only the highest of the bonus points will actually do anything for your characters).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Krassus asked earlier and I don't remember seeing anyone answer, but how is this for multi-player? Have two friends that were talking about picking it up. I'm kind of curious how a turn based game works for multiplayer.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Krassus asked earlier and I don't remember seeing anyone answer, but how is this for multi-player? Have two friends that were talking about picking it up. I'm kind of curious how a turn based game works for multiplayer.
One player hosts, the other player plays from your saved characters. Haven't tried it yet myself but if you are OK with that I hear it works well.