Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Raign

Golden Squire
I like this game, but I don't think I can continue to play it. It takes FOREVER to load saves or transition areas, and with the amount of quicksaving/loading I can see later on, I just cant sit there for 2-4 minutes each time it wants to load. my harddrive is pretty quick and has no problems loading any other games, even high performance ones. Is anyone else experiencing extremely long loading times?
How is your internet connection? I get long load and save times if I am downloading p0rn or something in the background because it is saving the profile to steam cloud. Otherwise, as people have said, 10 seconds max.

I am not sure on leech talent, but most of the heals in this game scale off of the attribute they are linked to (e.g., Man-at-arms heal is linked to Strength, Hydromancer heals are linked to int) so it is probably safe to guess that leech probably is too (Dex maybe? Can't remember what tree it is in, but it will say in the description)

As to summons, only ones I have found for the other elements are the elementals of those respective elements (e.g., there is no equivalent of the wolf summon for example in ice or fire)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Here's a script for G13/G15 to make alt a toggle for items in Divinity:
Just don't try and select your companion with F4 while that script is running, or hit Esc to close windows, etc. It really should be modified to handle that.

Here's a AutoHotKey version of the same, that doesn't have issues with Esc, Tab, or F4:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awesome Vorph does that just always leave the Alt pressed? AutoIT is the shit and just as easy for me to use.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Alt is a toggle with that script. F4, Tab, and Esc release Alt before being sent. You have to hit Alt again after using any of those keys to toggle it back on.

Downside: Alt-Tab no longer works at all. If you don't actually use Tab for anything in the game (it's Toggle Combat Mode by default, so you'll have to remap that) and want to be able to tab out, delete the "!Tab" line. Alternatively, you can just press your Windows key and it will take you to the desktop, removing the need for Alt-Tab functionality.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played this game with a buddy a few months before its release. We made it to a major boss battle where there were like 4 bosses in the same room (not the shrine area where the bosses are spawned). I remember there being a big fire like elemental and an acid like elemental. We killed them all and at that time it seemed to be the end of the game. Is that still the end?

Caliane

nope. not even close.
Thats more or less the end of the first map.
Theres 4 "main" maps.

Overall maybe 1/3rd of the game. Theres about 20 levels, but you can go over. Although I think monsters stop at 20.
Dunno if any content was added to that first map itself as well.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Kind of a mid-game question for those further along.

I unlocked one of the elemental planes on my last trip to the home dimension. Do you eventually unlock more or are you limited to only the one?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Kind of a mid-game question for those further along.

I unlocked one of the elemental planes on my last trip to the home dimension. Do you eventually unlock more or are you limited to only the one?
Yes, you'll get more.

I just unlocked a second so I'm assuming that eventually you'll get all four

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
I like this game, but I don't think I can continue to play it. It takes FOREVER to load saves or transition areas, and with the amount of quicksaving/loading I can see later on, I just cant sit there for 2-4 minutes each time it wants to load. my harddrive is pretty quick and has no problems loading any other games, even high performance ones. Is anyone else experiencing extremely long loading times?
I had the exact same issue and stopped playing because of this.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
About load times.

Direct from Larian:
This will most likely only happen on 32-bit systems or 64-bit systems with less than 3gb ram. Please lower texture quality and shut down any non-essential programs running in the background. We are still looking into this.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone have any experience starting as a Two wizards? Wizard + Enchanter or Wizard plus Witch?

I'm thinking of going Wizard + something else that can have the spider summon so I have two early on and then picking up the melee user and making him wear a shield. Then making my fourth character an I don't know what yet. Just want to make sure I don't gimp myself to early on.

Any "Things I wish I had known" tips for starting a new game or as a wizard character?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone have any experience starting as a Two wizards? Wizard + Enchanter or Wizard plus Witch?

I'm thinking of going Wizard + something else that can have the spider summon so I have two early on and then picking up the melee user and making him wear a shield. Then making my fourth character an I don't know what yet. Just want to make sure I don't gimp myself to early on.

Any "Things I wish I had known" tips for starting a new game or as a wizard character?
Two casters should be easy enough to start and even easier once you get more CC, just replace the starting skills to make sure you have at least one heal and poison/fire combo is beast.

That said you get a wizard within 20 mins of starting the game(mayors library), couple hours in(less if you know what to do) you can then pick and choose any companion for gold.

Hake_sl

shitlord

Yeah I did that, Wizard + Enchanter, and it seems to work (I'm lvl 8). Team is 3 casters + 2H melee, and it's all about the summoned pets. There really is no reason not to get at least one summon per caster (limit is 1), as it's usually the best fight opening. Pets aggro very well, and usually can start moving/atking on the same turn they got summoned.

Important stats are intelligence and speed, and i don't think you really need that much intelligence.
Getting good spells is the hard part
smile.png
Check all npcs to see if they sell spells, and if they do, check them every few hours because the list of spell they sell will change overtime. This also means don't kill npcs that sell spells. I haven't done any crafting yet so idk about that.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game needs skills to make sword and board better, as there really is no reason I can see to not just 2h and rapeface. Not that it isnt viable, I just dont see a need for it. There needs to be some skills that require a shield or some shit instead of just using shitloads of AP for far less damage. Once you get resists up on your 2h it seems like theres no looking back or real reason to use a "tank" other than for rp reasons.

Nwodaz_sl

shitlord
Important stats are intelligence and speed, and i don't think you really need that much intelligence.
Besides increasing all spell damage, INT also reduces spell cooldowns and increases the chances spells inflict status effects. Having some speed is nice but intelligence is more important for mages.

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Anyone found out if/how you can put leech on weapons? My 2h warrior could really rock out w/ a leech enchanted weap.

Also, mini spoiler - learn banish summoned. You will thank me later...

Caliane

ew. like I said earlier, there are so many OP combos. no need to rely on anything specific, for any one specific thing.

Just don't rely too heavily on a single element combo.
And keep some backup weapons of alternate elemental damage. Dealing 200 damage, while healing 78 is silly.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Crafting can eat a huge dick in this game. I'm likely to just ignore that entire portion of it because I refuse to be arsed with fuddling around with my inventory for 45 minutes every time I want to bake a pie.