Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Who does one pick to be the crafting/blacksmithing bitch? Every time I level I can't bring myself to dumping points into those skills instead of something else. Also, is there some sort of "attack lock" that prevents your guy from moving when you're trying to attack? Accidentally mis-clicking on the ground instead of your target, causing your dude to move and get nailed by an attack of opportunity makes me rage.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have the same issue with crafting/blacksmithing, but I think the mage you get in town (I forget, is his name Jahan?) has a perk that adds to it anyway, so I figure I might as well give it to him.

Telling a friend about the game and finally getting him to play it, I made sure to mention how much I hate the fucking animations making you mis-click. If it is even remotely difficult to click on, I hit B now to make sure I'm clicking the right spot. Even still, every once in awhile you still get a fuckup. I have gotten in the habit of saving big fights halfway through just because of that. I'm not save scumming, but I've fucked up enough close fights and lost due to shitty targeting that I don't want to do it all over again.

I started over after being level 10 because I was already saving skill books and such for a respec because I already knew I fucked up some point placements, which was killing my enjoyment (and effectiveness) because I was only using the skills I started with, but google told me I probably wouldn't be there until level 16'ish, so I started over and am actually still enjoying playing all of the old content. For one thing, I have completed a LOT more of the in-town stuff this time around. It actually makes me worry that maybe I was missing a ton of other shit too after seeing how much I missed in the first town. Mainly because I got bored and just left to go kill stuff, but I never really came back and made sure I finished/explored everything else either. Well, and this time I rushed immediately to getting the Hall of Heroes, so I was able to hire a new character to replace Madora about the same time I dinged level 3. I was a little disappointed to find that a level 1 didn't level up to 3 like I thought it would (thought I read patch notes to that effect, but maybe not), but at this point it is only a fraction of a level behind anyway.

Still pissy that I couldn't get loot from
Evelyn
even with knowing not to sell to her the first time around, and I didn't feel like buying it from the dude with her, so fuck it. That's a stupid ass mechanic though.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I have the same issue with crafting/blacksmithing, but I think the mage you get in town (I forget, is his name Jahan?) has a perk that adds to it anyway, so I figure I might as well give it to him.

Telling a friend about the game and finally getting him to play it, I made sure to mention how much I hate the fucking animations making you mis-click. If it is even remotely difficult to click on, I hit B now to make sure I'm clicking the right spot. Even still, every once in awhile you still get a fuckup. I have gotten in the habit of saving big fights halfway through just because of that. I'm not save scumming, but I've fucked up enough close fights and lost due to shitty targeting that I don't want to do it all over again.

I started over after being level 10 because I was already saving skill books and such for a respec because I already knew I fucked up some point placements, which was killing my enjoyment (and effectiveness) because I was only using the skills I started with, but google told me I probably wouldn't be there until level 16'ish, so I started over and am actually still enjoying playing all of the old content. For one thing, I have completed a LOT more of the in-town stuff this time around. It actually makes me worry that maybe I was missing a ton of other shit too after seeing how much I missed in the first town. Mainly because I got bored and just left to go kill stuff, but I never really came back and made sure I finished/explored everything else either. Well, and this time I rushed immediately to getting the Hall of Heroes, so I was able to hire a new character to replace Madora about the same time I dinged level 3. I was a little disappointed to find that a level 1 didn't level up to 3 like I thought it would (thought I read patch notes to that effect, but maybe not), but at this point it is only a fraction of a level behind anyway.

Still pissy that I couldn't get loot from
Evelyn
even with knowing not to sell to her the first time around, and I didn't feel like buying it from the dude with her, so fuck it. That's a stupid ass mechanic though.
I think I read online that you can use one of the NPC's as your BS/crafting bitch, but I haven't tried it yet. It implies hire NPC, dump points into crafting, make shit, then swap him back out for your normal NPC.

So if you respec you lose all investment in skill books and have to buy/find them all over??!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah respecing pretty much sucks, especially since a bunch of the skill books are unique or in limited quantity(or simply don't even exist as books like Dust Devil which can only be acquired on char creation). Can use a save editor to respec instead, doesn't really change much other than letting you do it earlier and being less shitty about it.

On crafting yeah you can use a NPC for it, though it doesn't take that much investment to make a good crafter, 1 point for Scientist(arguably the biggest cost), 1skill pt for crafting, 3 for blacksmithing(1+2), the +crafting trait(I wanna say pragmatic but might have been another I forgot) and +2/+2 on gear(bracers+belt iirc). Lets you do your crafting more easily. Then again you don't really need to craft much at all, mostly you upgrade your weapons when you find new ones, that's about the only thing I did with my crafting/blacksmithing, that and making a few skill books.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm having a very good time playing but I'm perpetually doing something wrong. I skipped the entire winter area, I frequently break scripts or sequence break so things won't spawn or I'll otherwise be unable to advance, ever single thing I've fought has been higher level than me from the end of the first map onward, I get lost a bunch and I get stuck a bunch.

Really do like the game even though it hates me for being the kind of player that runs around looking for red dots on the mini map.

I quit my tank/cleric + madora marksman & jahan wizard group.

restarted with Pyro wizard, Geo wizard & tank madora & healer Jahan. Absolutely ROLLING through fights now.

Honestly... what the fuck. My tank/cleric group was like lvl 14 and handling half the stuff my current lvl 9 wizards can handle.

Area effects are almost OP in this game... poison.. fire.. poison... fire. It's that easy.

Really do like the game even though it hates me for being the kind of player that runs around looking for red dots on the mini map.
same. I started by treating this game like Final Fantasy where i checked literally every barrel, person etc... everything.

Come to find out, outside of a few secrets/rarities, the fun in the game will occur naturally and often takes no "adventuring" off the linear path.

Well, and this time I rushed immediately to getting the Hall of Heroes, so I was able to hire a new character toreplace Madoraabout the same time I dinged level 3.
whats the problem w/ Madora? My current group has Madora "tanking" and she does a fine job of it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
whats the problem w/ Madora? My current group has Madora "tanking" and she does a fine job of it.
Well for warriors, one of the henchmen has complete retarded stats, like lvl 1 or 2, Sven iirc was the name, he starts with 5 in Man at arms, so that frees a fuckton of points. I believe Madora has a bunch of wasted stats and skills too. It's no big deal but you can mold the characters better if you pick a low level henchman. Though you probably want to rush it, if you skip the tutorial dungeon(can come back later) and only do the bridge and the burning boat side stuff on the way then rush the Hall of Heroes related stuff doing nothing else, you get there at lvl 2. You kinda want to do the boat and bridge cause they're timed, skipping them doesn't get you there at lvl 1 anyway since you get xp for doing the stone stuff.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Well for warriors, one of the henchmen has complete retarded stats, like lvl 1 or 2, Sven iirc was the name, he starts with 5 in Man at arms, so that frees a fuckton of points.
Cain. Yeah, he basically just outclasses Madora as a warrior.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The reasons they listed are good ones, but I got rid of her simply because 2hand warrior was the class I created the first time I started the game, and I was disappointed to find that one of the henchmen was exactly the same. Starting a second game I still wanted to play that character as my "main" so to speak, so replacing her fairly quickly was important to me. That's all, personal preference.

I've converted Madora to a 1h/shield spec. It's fun with the MAA skill "Phoenix Rising"

I send her into combat as bait to group the baddies around her. Phoenix her out of harms way then blow the badies up w/ Geo & Pyro wizards.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I'm really enjoying this game, but I must say the inventory/crafting management UI drives me insane. Differentiating between trash loot and valuable items is a major pain-- I probably spend way too much time rifling through my inventory.. One major annoyance is in the vendor interface, when you switch characters and highlight items it compares them to the conversation initiator's item, not the character you switched to. So if I'm trying to decide whether to sell a pair of boots, I have no way to quickly determine if someone in the party is wearing something inferior and that I shouldn't sell them. You can switch between characters to see what boots they're wearing, but then it resets the items you've queued up to sell.
Not to mention they should reduce the loot drops by 75% .... it becomes ridiculous over time and devalues everything... reduce that loot !

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I finally finished the game running a pair of Lone Wolfs, a Thief/Archer and a tons o' spells Mage, and I had to have been just doing things wrong. The thief's damage wasterribleall game. Rub a bar on Tenebrium on an even level orange dagger, send it through a Whetstone, get behind someone, and just mediocre results. The whole last act up to and including the second to last encounter I was only getting by because I had Rogue Charm + Ranger Charm or I was able to set some stuff up with Wind Up Toy + Oath + Meteor Swam. I was blowing Charm Arrows two a turn almost on the 2nd to last fight just to pull it out. The last fight took me two hours with almost all of the damage from Witchcraft pets and scrolls of Witchcraft pets.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The thief's damage wasterribleall game. Rub a bar on Tenebrium on an even level orange dagger, send it through a Whetstone, get behind someone, and just mediocre results.
I can't see how? I have a thief and they pretty much wreck stuff. Only thing I would want is some decent aoe.

What stats does your thief have? On a pure damage basis, dagger is like a third of 2h axe but hits four times for each axe swing plus the backstab bonus. More importantly though is the huge mobility, you should be able to walk to any spot in the encounter for like 4 of your 12 or so starting points.

At erm, 15 ish? Lightning bolt does 220ish for 6 ap, double backstab 3 times for 6ap does closer to 500 with no crits.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Backstabs can be really wonky, there's exactly 1 sweet spot you need to stand in to land them and first miss makes the enemy turn around, thereby screwing up your damage.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Started and stopped the game with only doing the lighthouse, once I noticed you can co-op the game.

So been running co-op with a friend he is 2h Plate battlemage+tank hench, while I'm running mage (oil spell is OP so far) and ranger-thief. Must say its a total blast with a friend.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Backstabs can be really wonky, there's exactly 1 sweet spot you need to stand in to land them and first miss makes the enemy turn around, thereby screwing up your damage.
If you're hasted I find I can generally reposition myself behind the mob with 0 AP penalty. At worse you're paying 1 AP to reposition.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My rogue was doing killer dmg w/ haste and oath. it was like 300dmg for 2AP by the time i was like level 15 or so. However i roll with a DK now and an Archer, rogue is nice but i prefer my DK crits for 1k+ dmg.