Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe a bit later than 15 but not too far, Hunter's Edge guy just outside is basically first thing you see in the zone and stocks a lot of legendaries, homestead eventually has a vendor that stocks a decent amount too. Just doing these 2 every level is fine to gear up almost entirely in legendary. Can even save scum if you really want a specific upgrade. While questing there's a few other vendors that stock legendaries too, spoilered since actually spoilers(act1 and 2 spoilers though):
Jack sells legendaries and you can make him spawn until you progress the story by clicking his grave in town after you've done the Evelyn shit and the Fire elem guy from the frost zone also sells shit, though I don't know if you can make him respawn but you can reload a few times to get a nice legendary there since he sells 2-3 different ones

velk

Trakanon Raider
One vendor no-one mentioned so far is the smith in silverglen - if you
use a bloodstone to save his pet?
he sells unidentified legendary gear too. ( Unidentified is a bit annoying coz you don't know if it's shit, but it means if you have high barter you can buy it, id it and then sell it back for more than the buy cost ).

Rime

<Donor>
Nearly all vendors restock something (Even if just gold or potions) each time you level. I always hoarded my loot until I got that delicious ding, then went on a shopping spree. Middle of a dungeon? Woops! BE BACK SOON, MONSTERS! I just leveled, have to go visit every merchant who matters!

velk

Trakanon Raider
and I had to have been just doing things wrong. The thief's damage wasterribleall game. Rub a bar on Tenebrium on an even level orange dagger, send it through a Whetstone, get behind someone, and just mediocre results.
I just had a thought - you know you can stealth in combat as often as you want for 1 ap right ? You don't have to use the vanish skill, as long as no-one is looking directly at you ( depending on sneak skill ). You also took guerrilla, back-stabber and swiftfooted right ?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I definitely have never combat stealthed and didn't have Guerrilla. That's just lost damage every time you've got an odd number of action points left. I think the larger problem was bad equipment combined with no front line. The rogue damage was alright versus crap stuff but there were a great deal of things later on that I couldn't get anywhere near given their damage and tankiness. No, I in fact cannot stab down a Death Lord. I can't even stand too close to one even.

The Expert Marksman side was just complete shit though. I liked the utility and having fancy arrows but it was just a poop sandwich for me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well that's kinda the problem, if you don't sneak, rogues are garbage. You have to sneak and have to have guerilla. I don't see how a Death Lord matters either, since you're stealthed at the end of the turn, or should be. Unless they turn around to target something behind them(bad positionning), nothing will target your rogue. Just open with Fast Track, Retreat to a decent spot(can just walk if there's nothing in the way but retreat prevents you from getting attacked on your turn by melees on the way and shit), stealth, pass, then next turn, run behind mob, sneak+backstab x 6-7(less early game but that's lategame), then sneak to end turn. Rinse repeat. Maybe charm/trip/eye gouge/stun shit if you need to.

Marksman is mostly the same shit though, you kinda want sneak to maximize damage, need 5points and the talent to get -1AP on bow attacks then you should be fine. The skills are meh, some are ok, a lot are shit, also don't need to level marksman for special arrows either so makes the whole thing kinda dumb.

Both require a lot more work than just 2H warrior.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can see how on some attacks I was missing damage (any opener or first attack after getting into position) but an attack action is two action points. If I stealth before it for +50% damage it costs an action point. That's half of one attack action. Unless I have an odd number of action points or it's a carryover I don't see the difference. It makes much more sense to me to apply that to the tank I've got now. For him an attack is 4 action points and getting +50% damage (2 action points worth of value) for spending one more action point looks good. It also looks correct to have on an archer for the same reason. It's 1.5 action points worth of value for 1 point. Now I'm curious if I stealth before Flurry if things just explode.

Not ever stealthing at the end of the turn is a big deal though. I can see how that made things massively harder for myself. I was basically always losing damage because I was spending action points on Charm, Trip, Razor's Edge, Marksman Charm, Walk in Shadows, and Tactical Retreat to not get wrecked when I could have just been using stealth. That's 1-2 extra attack actions I could be taking per round and flushing them, I was missing out on Guerrilla damage on some attacks, and I had shitty gear. That's a ton of wasted optimization. The character I was playing was a Lone Wolf Expert Marksman + Scoundrel with everything from both classes so when I swapped from bow to dagger it was at least fairly consistent for purposes of comparison. Anything I was doing wrong I was doing wrong with both. Expert Marksman was just terrible.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Guerilla is double damage. You pay 150% of the AP for 200% of the damage, it's always good. Granted with daggers the ap/damage ratio is a lot shittier, but still good, only Bully(conditional) and Glass Cannon offer more damage for a talent. Unless it's 50% and they didn't update the description, I didn't bother checking the files, assumed it did what it says.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Gah, that means I was playing the character wrong from the start. I had started out with it on a lone wolf rogue rogue party that I abandoned at level 3 and never thought about it again. I have a save with the ranger/rogue before starting the final sequence so at some point I'll respec the character and give it another go.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Rogue mechanics are definitely not very intuitive, the scaling AP cost of sneak in combat, the lack of clarity of the effects or wether or not they stack(backstab+guerilla), the fact you can resneak over and over and so on, it's just weird mechanics. I did some research when I started mine cause I played the game like a bit later than other people but would have been rough otherwise. Ended up rerolling at 13 or 14 or so, got bored of the sneak backstab thing, since that's all you do, rerolled warrior and had a lot more fun.

I swear everytime i play this game i end up Alt+F4ing after an hour max because it's just so fucking boring.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So what's the story with the Tenebrium skill? I can't seem to get a firm answer as to whether this overrides your standard weapon skill, or is additive/multiplicative. Also, does it only effect Tenebrium weapons (Tenebrium in its name), or any weapon that's been enchanted with a Tenebrium bar? Sorry in advance if this has been answered already. My fighters already have 4 or 5 points in their main weapon skill, so I'll be really pissed if all those points are useless now, and it's not like I can respect because Dust Devil and Whirlwind skillsbooks are nowhere to be found.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Overrides, any weapon with Tenebrium damage is considered Tenebrium(so if you add tenebrium, it now uses the tenebrium skill regardless).

velk

Trakanon Raider
Overrides, any weapon with Tenebrium damage is considered Tenebrium(so if you add tenebrium, it now uses the tenebrium skill regardless).
Yeah. This is a stupid mechanic.

A lot of things seem to be counterintuitive to a large degree, so many wasted points in my run through.

Some tips for new starts I guess:
-Weapon skills are useless, see above.
- pick pocket is useless
-Bartering is mostly useless ( it works but you are going to be ass deep in cash anyway)
-Lockpicking is useless
-Rogue skills are mostly useless, 2 points for scoundrel I think (charm is excellent, trip, stun, haste, vanish are ok situationally). Some points in warrior for rage are a great substitute. Don't get opportunist, it breaks stealth.
-Armor expert is useless, just have someone with some crafting.
-shields are useless

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Bartering gets better when you start buying +stat and +skill books at every level from 3 onward but even then it's a something you put a couple points into and then jack up with gear.

Citz

Silver Squire
Bartering gets better when you start buying +stat and +skill books at every level from 3 onward but even then it's a something you put a couple points into and then jack up with gear.
Uh? That got patched and you can only buy the books once.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea those notes were full of shit, the books still respawn just fine.