Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Grimsark

Tool Set is supposed to be released around 10AM PDT (a day late)

From what I have seen so far, and the 12+ hours of play in the Early Release, I am thinking this game is going to be the new standard in old-school RPG's.
And the fact that its coming with the developer tool, fully integrated into Steam Workshop... Its the NWN that should have been without the D&D overlords in the way.

I am looking forward to some serious world building.

Anyone know what their scripting language is? From what little I've seen it looks to be a C like derivative.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tool Set is supposed to be released around 10AM PDT (a day late)

From what I have seen so far, and the 12+ hours of play in the Early Release, I am thinking this game is going to be the new standard in old-school RPG's.
And the fact that its coming with the developer tool, fully integrated into Steam Workshop... Its the NWN that should have been without the D&D overlords in the way.

I am looking forward to some serious world building.

Anyone know what their scripting language is? From what little I've seen it looks to be a C like derivative.
Any interest in a partnership? I really like zone/world designing, made a few popular call of duty 2 maps back in the day and hooked ever since.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I ended up purchasing the two pack during the steam sale for my brother. I haven't touched this game yet, have it downloaded but I'm going to wait until release before I even touch it. Really looking forward to it though as most of the videos I checked out it seemed like a ton of fun. Plus, being able to co-op it seems even more enjoyable! Lastly, the whole world level editor sucked me in as well because I absolutely love doing level design. I currently have a map being played in the Starcraft 2 Blizzard Ladder as well which is pretty awesome so when I read this game will have a world editor I just had to insta-buy.

Grimsark

Any interest in a partnership? I really like zone/world designing, made a few popular call of duty 2 maps back in the day and hooked ever since.
I am not averse to the idea. I figure I am going to spend a large chunk of the next few days/weeks diving in head first.
I am hoping the experience I have with similar tools will limit my break-in period. (Primarily Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 and Dragon Age)

Edit:
I ended up purchasing the two pack during the steam sale for my brother. I haven't touched this game yet, have it downloaded but I'm going to wait until release before I even touch it. Really looking forward to it though as most of the videos I checked out it seemed like a ton of fun. Plus, being able to co-op it seems even more enjoyable! Lastly, the whole world level editor sucked me in as well because I absolutely love doing level design. I currently have a map being played in the Starcraft 2 Blizzard Ladder as well which is pretty awesome so when I read this game will have a world editor I just had to insta-buy.
I got my first taste of map/world building with Heroes of Might and Magic III... Damn that was a while ago.
tongue.png

Edit 2:
Actually now that I think about it, it was Unlimited Adventures (aka: FRUA).
tongue.png

Caliane

I think its only 2player. Will look it up in a sec though.
you can have 4 in your party, but 2 are npcs.

yeah, not seeing a super clear answer for this.

The main game and campaign.
is 2 player max.
When you join someones game, you play THEIR player 2 character. (you don't bring yours into their game)

The rumor in various posts, are saying you can enable up to 4players in a custom campaign. And possibly bring your own character into it.
However, this is random people saying this, not a dev.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So after Monday it should be full release and good to play right? Picked it up on the steam sale but the in game banner said save games didn't work between releases.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
CC/witches/enchanter (early) is just about worthless. The magic classes have no differences later due to customization. 2 casters will obliterate the whole game easily.

Ranger used to be the shit too.

Grimsark

One thing to also consider is your early decisions for each member as they sometimes adjust your abilities. Also, I have yet to find a way to change those later in the game.

Is there one?

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
holy fuck i want to play this game right now but nope......I'm going to wait til the release date (june 30th) and I'm going to co-op with my brother through the main story. Everything I've looked at though....damn I'm excited!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Achievements are in now.

Devs also made a post on things that won't be in at release

Can we eventually get a list of late features? |Divinity- Original Sin - General | Larian Studios forums

I can finally answer the question, since we just locked everything down and bar any critical issues, the version I'm playing now is the version that's being released on monday.

Pretty much everything we planned is in there, but we had to make a few changes to get things ready as Murphy has been rather active here in Gent, Belgium. Extra companions will come later but the henchmen are in (most likely extra henchmen will be added in function of the needs we see). There's one extra AI personality (loyal i.e. the same as if you had no cooperative dialog) and the others will be patched in afterwards. We've also cut some of the Phantom forest dungeons levels and may make those available for people to fool around with as mods.

As I mentioned before, given the scope of the game those are minor things, and if it weren't for the Kickstarter campaign, we'd probably not even communicate about it. As it stands, I think the game is highly enjoyable and feature packed. Obviously if you wait, you'll have the advantage of patches and a bit of extra content, but there seriously is already a big & fun adventure to be had.
No big issues for me, except perhaps the lack of AI personalities. So game does go live now, but will probably be a few months still of patches until all the kickstarter content is in.

I'm not waiting though. Starting June 30th with my Knight (or ranger) / Wizard combo. Going to try to make my party as diverse as possible so I can use the loot that drops. Started a two caster duo, and couldn't use most of the drops/crafted items until I saw additional party members. Might be that there are just many types of them, hence higher drop chance, but arrows and the items to make them dropa lot. I also always remove one skill on my main character and have them as the "looter" with all the lucky find I can get.

Very enjoyable game though. Have very high hopes.

Grimsark

Just a small note... This is the very first computer RPG I have played where I genuinely love the music and look forward to it during play.

I am really disappointed that the early tool set release was botched, but I'll survive.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just a small note... This is the very first computer RPG I have played where I genuinely love the music and look forward to it during play.

I am really disappointed that the early tool set release was botched, but I'll survive.
Apparently the guy who made the music got sick, so he wasn't able to make as much original music as they intended. So along with the original stuff he created, they also went into his audio library and made a best of list of sorts and put that in the game. 130+ songs, some from previous titles and most never released (not originally intended for this game). There is a lot of music in it, and will feature one of the largest soundtracks ever released if the developer is to be believed.

EDIT:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Music is really nice, looking forward to Monday.

Question though for those who alphad, can we play 4 player or does it have to be parties of 2 of us controlling a second each for 4?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
From what I have read on the steam forums, it seems multiplayer (past two) will only be possible if someone creates a mod campaign. Never tried it, but think that is what they said.