Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Are there update notes or did they just click the "Live" button?

Yes I'm stuck at work too
frown.png
4GB worth, but no patch notes yet.

Grimsark

It also feels as though they nerfed pickpocketing. Not much, but I get caught the moment I attempt it rather than after choosing the items now...

Edit: I hate the way they applied environmental effects to the speech audio... It sounds like all the vocals are being yelled through a long tunnel. And the pitch is irritatingly high.
Not to mention the way they loop over and over and over... There should be an option to hear it spoken ONCE and then not again. Go figure. The one thing I really dislike about the game is the last implemented feature that they did quickly just before release.

*SIGH*
I just tried to turn voice volume to ZERO and it wont work. No matter what, they speak... Of all the bloody things. This game was going for a perfect score too. ;/

Menion_sl

shitlord
Really wish there were better descriptions for each class other than 1 sentence to describe the difference between the various melee, rogue and caster classes.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Really wish there were better descriptions for each class other than 1 sentence to describe the difference between the various melee, rogue and caster classes.
Click customize, you can what the starting skills are and edit accordingly.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tempted to pick this up - how long is this game?
With the toolset probably effectively unlimited - not sure on the main campaign, seems quite long though - wife's played 10+ hrs now and it looked like getting to the first town was a good 2-3 hrs alone with a pretty big map to fill.

And 0% on Steam Achievments for completing it yet - they just went up today but clearly longer than 6 hrs on a speed playthrough since you know there's always that one guy going for a speedrun.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Tempted to pick this up - how long is this game?
Beta was roughly 1/4th of the game. 20+ish hours. Only review I have seen so far (mmorpg.com review) lists it at several dozen hours for one playthrough. Think I saw the developers mention 50-60 hours as their expected completion time for the main campaign, so lowering expectations it might be closer to 40.

That said, I have never made it out of the first town, and you can easily spend 3 hours in it doing.... nothing, but still a lot.

Grimsark

rrr_img_70263.jpg
There appears to be some significant issues regarding the tool set.

I wouldn't be surprised if a large part of what people are experiencing is issues regarding the default directories of steam installs. Non C: drive installs, etc...
Right now I am able to start the tool set, and create new levels. But accessing the main campaign is B.R.O.K.E.N. Along with several menus for new modules. Like the effects list...

I can't say I am surprised though. I'm not really all that upset as I expected worse.
wink.png

edit: On further inspection its even worse. There are entire sections of the main data missing from the locations the tool set is looking and entire directories set as read only that shouldn't be, etc... It could be something as simple as they uploaded it before they completely removed their local version control from it. (I hope) But I would be surprised if the tool set is even usable within the next week. Its the way of these things.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It comes down to style and controls/combat/etc. I usually just need a general feel for the game. If the story sucks, it sucks,.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It comes down to style and controls/combat/etc. I usually just need a general feel for the game. If the story sucks, it sucks,.
Nod, that's what I assumed - that's about when the wife got the handle on the controls at least. (I've still not tried yet personally)

First hour she was still fumbling a bit getting used to the AP system and such.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I may have missed it but really hoping for a force move option, may times I have tried to attack from range only to have my guy run right up next to the mob using all my AP...

Grimsark

I really wish they had spent more time actually quality testing the tool set for a functional release and less time hyping its existence.

Edit: I deleted all the test modules I had made and started from scratch. (No re-install or anything)
I followed the tutorials on the steam community discussion and everything worked as they said.
rrr_img_70271.jpg

Trouble is, doing something other than that.

Example: Selecting the Effects previewer causes this.
rrr_img_70272.jpg

The command stack isn't working, so there is no undo/redo. And notice that odd texture stretching on the edges?!?
rrr_img_70279.jpg

The 'Game Camera' option for tool camera movement causes an unending stream of component exceptions in the message panel that can't be ignored.
rrr_img_70278.jpg

Yada, yada, yada...

This thing isbarely functional, let alone usable.