Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sucks that they released a nonfunctional tool-set. Just to clarify though, its just the tool-set with these issues right? The game itself is fully playable n stuff?

Grimsark

Sucks that they released a nonfunctional tool-set. Just to clarify though, its just the tool-set with these issues right? The game itself is fully playable n stuff?
The game works great. Other than the shitty voice over work (it could be my sound card drivers) I have nothing but praise for the game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to toggle showing items on the ground? Annoying holding Alt the entire time.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I've been sitting at the character creator playing around for over an hour already. I can't decide.
frown.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wayfayer and Knight is working well, just change out the aura skill for something else on the knight.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I'm finding my rogue character to be almost a worthless liability in the beginning. His damage is absolutely pathetic.

Not to mention the game seems crazy hard in the beginning. Almost every fight my party is outnumbered 2:1 minimum outside the west gate.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Ya ok now I'm just getting mad about it. WTF are you supposed to do with a rogue character when you get into a fight with 7 enemies!?!?!?

Hannibal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Try to get a full party (group of 4) before heading out the west gate. It's gonna be perma raining and this synergizes well with Jahan (the air/water wizard companion). His lightning strike and bitter cold spell will CC enemies pretty well (freeze and stun).

As for being outnumbered, you'll have to use choke points and choose where to fight carefully, mobs have the same LOS requirements as you. Hide your party around a wall/rock/crate etc, cast rain spell to create a puddle on the area where the mobs will stand when they reach your party then stun the shit out of em by casting lightning bolt onto the puddle. You can hide/sneak the rogue away from the party before the fight starts and then circle back around and take out high priority targets like mages once they're engaged with your main party.

You'll have to carry the rogue until he can get a decent 1h piercing weapon and make sure every single attack he does is a backstab. Without Backstab the rogue does shit for damage especially against undead which takes reduced damage from piercing and slashing. Try to get a decent amount of speed on him and +movement items since he runs around between targets for CC/DPS.

Grimsark

I was expecting something from the developers by the time I got up. But nope. No hot-fix. No new tutorial. No explanation.

This does not bode well for the tool set in the immediate future. My guess is either they were surprised by all the data issues and don't want to say anything till they figure it out, or they have deemed it an inferior priority to riding the release wave as long as possible and won't take the time to fix it till sales/attention slow. As only a small minority of players will actually use the tool set and know that its the tool that's broken not something they did wrong with it.

Grimsark

Ya ok now I'm just getting mad about it. WTF are you supposed to do with a rogue character when you get into a fight with 7 enemies!?!?!?
I too was a little surprised at the jump in difficulty between the tutorial dungeon and the first set of battles outside of town. But it gets easier once you learn the element interactions, using choke points, and your characters have a wide enough variety of skills to rotate (which for me was around lvl 5)

As Hannibal mentioned, don't listen to the people playing Lone Wolf parties. They have likely re-played the demo multiple times. Its best to learn the game with a full 4 member party. And if you want an easy go at it, play a Knight/Cleric combo so you'll have plenty of healing and tanking. If you want a good variety go Caster/Ranger, as the two companions you get are Healer/Tank. And be careful when you have conversations early on, as your decisions will effect your parties utility. Bonuses to sneak, lucky charm, bartering, etc. can be planned for ahead of time, saving points for offensive skills instead. My advice is quick save before EVERY conversation and re-load, to figure out which ones give which bonuses.

edit: Also, don't underestimate the power of SNEAKING and finding alternative directions to approach a non-surprise encounter. You can sneak close and set up barriers like boxes to help deal with archers and stuff. Also, a good witch/scoundrel back stabber can do wonders when geared right, I hear.

edit 2: Oh, and scrolls.... scroll, scroll, scroll!! Any party member can use them and they are cast at default 100% effectiveness.

edit 3 (sorry): Boss battles can be run away from and re-initiated later, after a re-gear up. That is the way I beat the light tower battle at level 4. I don't want to spoiler anything but I will say WTF that is a hell of a fight. I had to retreat and come back freshtwice.

Elerion

N00b
And be careful when you have conversations early on, as your decisions will effect your parties utility. My advice is quick save before EVERY conversation and re-load, to figure out which ones give which bonuses.
This is the worst game design.

Grimsark

This is the worst game design.
Not in my opinion. Its meant to give flavor to your character through role playing... Half of an RPG. But its easily manipulable when you can save/load at any time.
Also, the bonuses you get are mostly all non-combat related. Only a few give bonuses to things like back stabbing and attacks of opportunity. Some grant immunity to charm and fear... etc...
The hard core player will adapt (as none of the bonuses are overpowering), while the min/max player will abuse. I prefer this way of play over railroading a one size fits all solution.

Having said that, I see little difference between allowing the player to run from battle and re-try, save/load to avoid ambushes, and the option to save/load through plot conversations that shape your future. its not mandatory, but its there if you wish to use/abuse it. And personally, I'd rather have the option to abuse/cheat a game system then no option at all. That way I am defining my experience as much as I can.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I really like the game so far. I have only made it through the tutorial dungeon and explored half of the first town. My only criticism so far is that the NPC banter is on like an instant loop. The first time you hear about some quaint piece of backstory is nice, the 50th time is torture.

I went with knight wayfarer so far, but you can essentially create any skill and stat combo you want at the character creation screen. I switched out "what a rush" on my Knight for thick skin. I think the only thing I couldn't change was starting gear.

I like the dialogue system. The minor rewards make you pay attention to your responses. The most extensive conversation block I have gone through was with a particular NPC outside of the inn. I had the two main characters disagree about the choice this NPC offers you. In order for this impasse to be resolved, the game made me do a rock paper scissor tourney between the two main characters.

Anyways going into the game totally blind, I have been surprised at all of the details.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah the audio loops are on a 5 seconds delay, the town is brutal if you stand still next to anyone.