Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ha that barrel thing was awesome! Love everything about this game except rock, paper, scissors. I pretty much always, always lose. Also, whats the real effect of charisma in this game? I see it raises NPC's 'attitude' with me but its not like I unlock new methods for conversation or get cheaper prices.

Caliane

I have no idea what attitude does. you can raise it by gifting in trade... what it does? again, no clue...

Charisma does effect rock paper scissors. like if you have a 6. a win in rock, paper, scissors, will give 6 bubbles, vs the 2 base.

Grimsark

The game is still #1 in the Top Sellers listing and there are a few YouTube networks praising the game. So its going to grow, pretty organically, over the next few weeks. Meanwhile, Larian isn't spending much, if any, money on advertising.
(Edit: Around 1pm CST, it got up to 18K people today)

rrr_img_70699.jpg

I don't watch much of Polaris Network, but they have some mid range YouTube talent that I do; like AngryJoe and Force. So it won't be long before the other networks chime in, if they haven't already.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I play a ranger/wizard and I can understand the ranger hate. It does change a tad once you get things like the Barrage skill. See some here hating on crossbows too, but crossbows + barrage makes for some hefty damage and with a weapon with a % chance of applying something, barrage usually does it.

They have been nerfed though. Early in alpha / beta they were far and away the most op class. People could oneshot bosses with Barrage. I think they went a bit too far, because I completely agree with the complaint regarding the long cooldowns on the ranger skills.

As to the game now, I spend way too much time reloading boss battles. I don't reload chests that often, but I usually save just before the kill shot of a boss and reload that until I get at least two+ orange items I can use. Then I save in a different save... and reload the kill again just in case something better drops, then save.... and..

Still not far into the game. Roughly discovered the full first map and done a few encounters in the forest and cave. Level 8-9. 25+ hours

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
People are hating on rangers? Just getting to level 8 on mine and I would say splitting shot and the geomancers spider pet are the 2 most OP skills I have.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Game is crazy fun. I am doing a playthrough witha friend and 6 hours in i am still in the first town. That dog...

Grimsark

I am getting to the point where the bug that's plaguing my current play through is causing me more pain than its worth in easy loots/xp. ;(

Crazily

N00b
Anyone tried Lone-Wolf talent yet? I am level 4 now with my group but considering another reroll with this. Having 4 characters is a pain sometimes....

axeman_sl

shitlord
Anyone tried Lone-Wolf talent yet? I am level 4 now with my group but considering another reroll with this. Having 4 characters is a pain sometimes....
It's a lot harder. XP isn't split between party members so a 2-man party doesn't level faster than a 4-man, and the Lone Wolf bonuses do not in any way make up for the lack of characters. It's doable but makes for some really weird gameplay, also because you now have to spread your skill points really thin unless you want to simply pass up on things like lockpicking or leadership.

Crazily

N00b
It's a lot harder. XP isn't split between party members so a 2-man party doesn't level faster than a 4-man, and the Lone Wolf bonuses do not in any way make up for the lack of characters. It's doable but makes for some really weird gameplay, also because you now have to spread your skill points really thin unless you want to simply pass up on things like lockpicking or leadership.
I was worried about that. I wasn't sure the extra points would make up for an entire character but so far so good.....I am doing a party of 3. I took a pure rogue as main with the lone wolf talent. He has 240 HP at level 3 and hits pretty hard with backstab. My 2nd character is a fire/ice wizard and my 1 companion is a knight. Seems to be working great so far.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
So before I go on a murderous rampage, once I'm done with Cyseal are there any serious repercussions for killing civilians? Seems like some cheap fun and a bit of exp to me. Also, At lvl 7 my Madora has 710ish HP with some constitution gear. Is this similar to what others have her at?

I also found that lucky charm doesn't improve the quality of loot it just has a chance at giving an additional item in openables (barrels, chest, crates, etc.). I probably spent two hours opening those ornate chests after the elemental puzzle while I was watching tv. I'd say lucky chance is 2.5% per point and not at all worth it. I did get an orange dagger for my rogue though. He blows stuff up now!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Granted, I put it on hard difficulty, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I have to really cheese the undead fights just outside the gates in the first city (example: character dies, quick load, sneak and handle the biggest threat first). But even cheering there's fights I absolutely have no chance of winning (like the area with six or seven undead boars plus a few skeletons... gtfo). Do I just need more levels? Or am I ignoring something big like scrolls and consumables?

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dandai I haven't gotten past the western cyseal encounters on hard (playing normal). In the data paks of the main story mod, if you haven't checked it out yet.

Hard Mode Heros get:
-25% Vitality (Normal: +15%)
-10% Chance to Hit (Normal: 0%)

Hard Mode NPC Get:
+25% vitality (Normal: 0%)
+20% chance to hit (Normal: 0%)

I found hard mode incredibly challenging and after seeing these stats I decided it just wasn't worth the time to either cheese it or fin the perfect strategy.

Grimsark

Anyone else ran into the quest breaking issue with the Immaculate Trial? (near breaking that is) I don't want to go to far into it without spoilers.

Also, just so I'm not crazy. When you zone from one major map to another, such a Cyseal to LucForest your map shroud doesn't reset does it?

Edit: For those that have not noticed, your skills get reduced cool downs with more levels in the skill type. My L4 Hydrosophist has a 1 turn cool down on the Minor Heal, while my L1 Hydro has a 2 turn cool down. (There is no indication that a reduction occurred.) So I am guessing they balanced cool downs with this in mind.

Edit 2: Also, the bonus books sold in the End of Time, respawn.

Caliane

Granted, I put it on hard difficulty, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I have to really cheese the undead fights just outside the gates in the first city (example: character dies, quick load, sneak and handle the biggest threat first). But even cheering there's fights I absolutely have no chance of winning (like the area with six or seven undead boars plus a few skeletons... gtfo). Do I just need more levels? Or am I ignoring something big like scrolls and consumables?
The game only gives you a small hint at what direction to go.
Well, that and looking at the npcs level. (loremaster skill gives you even more info)

Basically, when you are ready to leave the gated city. (try to do as much as possible, and hit level 3.)
Head west first. NOT the west beach, but the west gate, into the fields. It should be raining. The lighthouse is the "boss area". There is hidden area/way into town, this way too, that also has a miniboss.
After WEST, you should head north, from the west. Level 4, and eventually level 5 undead. If you go north out of the city, you walk right into level 5 undead. and level 6 north, and to the east.
After northwest, THEN west beach, for level 6 orcs.

You can of course do any of this in any order. But yeah. doing those level 6 orcs, a level 2 or 3 is going to be real tough. Or due north as you did for the zombie boars.

And just an fyi, the spider summon is really strong for tanking orcs/boars/etc.
High hp, high ac, resist/immune to poison.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Summon fire elemental against fire mobs and just put it in their face, they will attack it and just heal wasting their turn. Then bust out an ice elemental and you 1-2 shot most mobs.
Spider summon seems to do even amounts of DMG to all mobs while being immune to poison.

Playing on hard is all about CC, rain+chill attacks are effective against everything but immune to frozen mobs, even then position yourself on the other side of a frozen puddle and they almost 100% of the time trip.

Knockdowns like ram can be used to let your knight/warrior essentially move across the map. Oh and Aero skill teleport is amazing, move that melee really far away, bonus if you place it next to an archer and smash them together.