Do we want a separate MOBA/TCG Forum?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There has been some interest by a few people to split away MOBAs and TCGs into their own separate forum. This would mean that there will be MMORPG, Other Games, and whatever we call this new section. This will not be a sub forum of Other Games like Competitive Gaming.

Most likely I will probably move or merge another forum to keep the vertical space the same on the main directory.

So the question is, is there enough demand from MOBA/TCG fans to have their own forum and is there enough demand from Other Game members to get rid of the TCG/MOBAs from their forum? The poll will be a simple Yes/No for two weeks.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think it's pointless, there was even a Dota 2 thread in the competitive gaming subforum that died because all the discussion can be done in a single thread, there isn't that much traffic.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well this would be it's own forum like Other Games and MMORPG, it wouldn't be buried as a subforum like Competitive Gaming. Sub forums are mostly there for people who want their own section for guilds, fantasy sports, book clubs or whatever. This allows the to organize outside the normal traffic and it doesn't matter if they are buried.

This would be more open on top of the main forum list if the vote goes for Yes.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So that forum would have how many threads? LOL, DOTA2, Hearthstone, Magic, HOTS and a few short lived threads for those trying to get into the market, yet will fail.

Yet this will have too many games in it for multiple threads per game, that would be way confusing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is there a vbulletin option to add filters? For instance rename the thread "[MOBA] DOTA2" and users can filter out MOBA's and not see those threads?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well this would be it's own forum like Other Games and MMORPG, it wouldn't be buried as a subforum like Competitive Gaming. Sub forums are mostly there for people who want their own section for guilds, fantasy sports, book clubs or whatever. This allows the to organize outside the normal traffic and it doesn't matter if they are buried.

This would be more open on top of the main forum list if the vote goes for Yes.
Like the ghost towns of Job Listings, Game Development, and Product Reviews?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No. The nature of this forum, to have mega threads for each topic or game goes against what a sub forum to me would mean. In a sub forum, I feel I could create a new thread with a title something like, Pudge mid strats and questions, and yet due to the nature of this forum, I feel I'd be crucified for doing something like that and not just asking it in the mega Dota2 thread that already exists.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is there a vbulletin option to add filters? For instance rename the thread "[MOBA] DOTA2" and users can filter out MOBA's and not see those threads?
This is the best way to do it. Add a 'category' to the threads and then you can create your own "subforums" basically. That would actually make it so we could just have a single "gaming" forum and then tag the threads in their respective categories.

Not sure that's an option though.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This is the best way to do it. Add a 'category' to the threads and then you can create your own "subforums" basically. That would actually make it so we could just have a single "gaming" forum and then tag the threads in their respective categories.

Not sure that's an option though.
You can add tags to a thread and search by tag I think. Outside that, there is no option for it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
No. The nature of this forum, to have mega threads for each topic or game goes against what a sub forum to me would mean. In a sub forum, I feel I could create a new thread with a title something like, Pudge mid strats and questions, and yet due to the nature of this forum, I feel I'd be crucified for doing something like that and not just asking it in the mega Dota2 thread that already exists.
Each forum has it's own rules. If people vote for a new moba/tcg forum and want to tag a new thread with 'LOL - Syndra Mid builds' and go with that, no problem.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So that forum would have how many threads? LOL, DOTA2, Hearthstone, Magic, HOTS and a few short lived threads for those trying to get into the market, yet will fail.

Yet this will have too many games in it for multiple threads per game, that would be way confusing.
Well to take a quick look:
League of Legends
Dota 2
Hearthstone
Dawngate
Magic The Gathering
Heroes of the Storm
HEX
Smite

Maybe some other mobile games I don't know anything about.

I don't know if people might want to break down to multiple threads. Up to people. In any case this is for people who would like to see it, and for people who want to get rid of those threads from other games.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Can we we segment it into arpg/moba/tcg and then let the rest of the games in that sub forum go about their business?

I'm interested in all three categories, could give less of a shit about the rest of the games in that sub-forum.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Eh. If you want to lump D3 and Exile and maybe Marvel? I don't know. I can label it Online Games that arn't typical MMORPGs but I haven't seen anyone else request that. If it's something enough people want to do, sure. Otherwise no.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Other Online Games sounds like a great idea. Call the other thread "Singleplayer Shit House". :-D

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The problem with discussing advanced strats for multiplayer here is that there are far better platforms for that. Liquiddota/reddit/steam guides all give you better information, at best you end up pointing people there when they ask, which is already done regularly. One nice thing would be live report threads for esport events, but those already sort of happen or you can setup a chat room on steam.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
How about a new forum for Console games? Other Games has always been a junk drawer of large threads for random games...And I like it that way.