Do we want a separate MOBA/TCG Forum?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope. No need. There's not enough traffic. And if you expand the list of forums by one more my monitor will burst.

This is such a stupid crusade some folk have jumped on in the last couple weeks. Who gives a fuck if the threads in other games are about games you don't play? They've always been that way, the fact they're in specific genres makes no GD difference. Do they think there will suddenly be better games to discuss that are being choked out by Hearthstone talk? Shit's ridiculous. Games that are worth talking about and have an active player base get talked about(Last of Us has been up here for 16 months), other games get 9 posts and fade away. The only difference is those 9 post games would sit on the front page longer, accomplishing nothing.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Aren't 95% of console games available on PC? I think a specific console forum would be largely redundant, and would harm traffic more than help it.

Caliane

I feel like even just a "single player games" and "online MP games". would leave the single player game forum a near deadzone.
Trying to make moba/tcg their own seems weird as well.
Its not like we have 5 LoL threads going at once.

Maybe a sticky or two for the less populated, but still fairly popular thread topics.

Like:
Indie games.
kickstarter/early access.
RPG games.

So, they don't get buried under the stuff that gets constant updates. and we have a easy place to talk about things along a similar theme.
So instead of pillars of eternity getting 5 posts and forgotten till someone bumps it. it goes into either rpg, or kickstarter/early access and stays more visible.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
How about a new forum for Console games? Other Games has always been a junk drawer of large threads for random games...And I like it that way.
I'm not going to break it up that much.

Also Grimm, if I add a forum, I'll be merging something else more likely. So you're monitor will be safe. Please no moar cry.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Meh, look at page 2 of other games right now. Even big titles are getting pushed out (Destiny, Witcher 3, Day). I think it's a valid argument.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I will only support this change if we can call the new MOBA/TCG forum Games4fags.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not going to break it up that much.

Also Grimm, if I add a forum, I'll be merging something else more likely. So you're monitor will be safe. Please no moar cry.
No more of your vague political promises, we need a concrete plan of action! "Merging something else more likely". That means nothing. We need solid bullet points! And some kind of catchy slogan would help.

As for "big" games pushed off the front page, post more? If there were people interested in discussing them they wouldn't fall off the front page. If there's not enough to talk about to generate the 1-2 posts a day it takes to stay on the first page it's not because the forum isn't catering to the game. It's because there's not enough to talk about with the people here.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Hey man, some of us want to participate but not provide any real impact on the situation.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I just want a sub-forum where I don't have to scroll past 4 or 5 stickies to get to the real shit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW I propose a_skeleton_03 be dragged out of his house and caned in the street for badmouthing the Product Reviews forum. Home of the greatest thing on this forum, the Fast Food thread.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I feel like even just a "single player games" and "online MP games". would leave the single player game forum a near deadzone.
Trying to make moba/tcg their own seems weird as well.
Its not like we have 5 LoL threads going at once.

Maybe a sticky or two for the less populated, but still fairly popular thread topics.

Like:
Indie games.
kickstarter/early access.
RPG games.

So, they don't get buried under the stuff that gets constant updates. and we have a easy place to talk about things along a similar theme.
So instead of pillars of eternity getting 5 posts and forgotten till someone bumps it. it goes into either rpg, or kickstarter/early access and stays more visible.
Of course stuff drops down when nobody posts, I mean, what is there to discuss beyond "looks good" ? All of us are getting gaming news from other sources, it gets reposted here if we are interested or want to share our opinions. Most of us have been gaming for a decade or more, so we should know how to see through PR bullshit and pretty trailers.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Console games or Board/Pen and Paper games make more sense as new forums only because console tends to make up a substantial part of Other and board games seem to be scattered around from Other to Books etc.