Do we want a separate MOBA/TCG Forum?

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
what the fuck. lets make more forums that people have navigate to get to actual discussion

you know what, i'm for this if we make a new forum forevery gameand have new mods for each of those forums with global mod powers

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont know ~ I voted Yes, but thats because I just get tired of see/dealing with people that play them all the time. But yet, it doesnt seem like we really have a huge need for a separate forum for it. If that makes sense?...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think I'd rather see a split of online/single player games, with maybe a thread of each in case of games having a major focus on both sides or entirely different games, like say Mass Effect 3 back when it was released. Result would be roughly the same, since TCG/MOBAs are multiplayer games, but would add stuff like FPS when a new Battlefield is released, Diablo/PoE when they release new patches and shit like that.

Don't really care either way, even though more forums means it's more annoying to check every new threads, but eh.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I voted no. I don't really care about moba/tcgs, but if you split them I believe that those threads will get decreased viewership.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Meh, look at page 2 of other games right now. Even big titles are getting pushed out (Destiny, Witcher 3, Day). I think it's a valid argument.
They are being "pushed out" because of lack of interesting information right now. Come first week of September you will think the Destiny thread is a sticky it will be at the top so much. DayZ isn't even popular any more and has stagnated and Witcher 3 was pushed back to February at the earliest.

The forum ebbs and flows, doesn't mean we need a new forum section.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
BTW I propose a_skeleton_03 be dragged out of his house and caned in the street for badmouthing the Product Reviews forum. Home of the greatest thing on this forum, the Fast Food thread.
Could have been in Grown Up Stuff.

How is the Fast Food Thread in product reviews yet the cooking thread is in Grown Up Stuff?!?!?!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
mind_blown.gif

What if someone decides to send their cake pops to you? And not all fast food chains are global. Where is your god now?

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Remember when Diablo 3, starcraft 2 and ff14 all had their own sub forums? They're hot for a couple months and then they just drop off.

The only one I understand is the EQ sub forum. Best keep all that venom segregated from the rest of the board.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honest question... Why not? Other than what seem to be arbitrary personal QOL reasons, I don't think I understand what harm it would do. Right now, if you are looking for some specific dota info, you have to sift through the huge, single thread. Is there a reason why splitting that giant thread into smaller topics that are easier to look through and can then each flow naturally in different ways would be a bad thing?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Honest question... Why not? Other than what seem to be arbitrary personal QOL reasons, I don't think I understand what harm it would do. Right now, if you are looking for some specific dota info, you have to sift through the huge, single thread. Is there a reason why splitting that giant thread into smaller topics that are easier to look through and can then each flow naturally in different ways would be a bad thing?
Because 90% of that thread is links to funny videos, chat about pro games and bitching about peruvians/russians ?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Dota / League players tend to be a bit more on the obsessive side when it comes to consuming content specifically for the game they play. Maybe instead of a forum we could do a Question/Answer Thread - for each game as an option instead of a whole forum. Even though there may be "better" places, its probably easier to ask whatever here than somewhere else frequented by thousands of more people at once. Sure maybe people give a bit less than perfect advice, but I don't see the harm in that really. I am not sure there needs to be a second forum entirely.

Goonsquad Officer
I don't really care for mobas, but if the kids like to play them and would use the board, I don't see the harm.

It could give them a place to talk about them without clogging up the other game forum.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
wtf. clogging up the forum? it's not like the other games forum is fucking moving so fast you can't keep up (hi 2u neogaf which gets by with ONE fucking forum). lets revisit adding more useless shit to click through when we have another 25k users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just rename the competitive forum to the boring ass moba games forum and switch out the relevant games to the main game forum(aka the fighting game thread).