Do You Cheat in Video Games?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
There's absolutely no argument you can give that will sway me and I will never, ever give a fuck about someone else exploiting design and I will do it until the end of time because Ican.
LOL. You were also swearing up and down in IRC that you would never, ever watch Archer as well.
tongue.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A lot of you neanderthals seem confused.

Glitching / Exploiting / Abusing game mechanics / modding in Multiplayer games = cheating.

For fuck's sake call it what it is.

I am not some masochist, but I enjoy difficulty in my games, I play them always on the hardest difficulty because playing a game on Easy is practically god-mode anyways. I have not 'cheated' in a game since my Elementary days of SNES. Nor have I or will I abuse mechanics in MMOs either. Your delusional if you can't see how game mechanic abuse is cheating as well.
I do not see how wall hacking or using a aimbot is the same as someone positioning themselves as cheesy as it is, to show as little as their body as possible.

p.s. but I do get your point and agree with the larger view of it. I should have been more clear on what I was addressing as "glitching." Some people think bunny hopping and adading is glitching which I find absurd but others may not.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I think the only time I legitimately cheated in a game was SC:BW for the campaign; I used the cheat codes to get through story mode as fast as possible. Past that never. Most games aren't hard or difficult, and in the case of SC:BW I had played multi-player for so long I understood the mechanics and just wanted the story. If it's only single-player you can bet your ass I didn't; I would never consider it. Dunno why.

I -SHOULD- bot D3 in all honesty but I'm I dunno, whatever.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I cheat in games only when I run across something I don't like. For instance in Skyrim and Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV I use cheats/mods to slow experience gain way the fuck down but then use cheats to give myself all the perks when my level was appropriate. So when I would hit level 5 in Fallout 3 I would buy out all level 4 and under perks. I'll also sometimes use cheats to make the game harder if I can. My wife laughs at me and says I am cheating incorrectly. Generally though I play the game as is.

Azeth_sl said:
Anyone here ever play Warrock.net?
Yeah I played it quite a bit. Fucking grenade hacks sucked so much it's what made me quit playing.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yes bots own

and
I do not see how wall hacking or using a aimbot is the same as someone positioning themselves as cheesy as it is, to show as little as their body as possible.

p.s. but I do get your point and agree with the larger view of it. I should have been more clear on what I was addressing as "glitching." Some people think bunny hopping and adading is glitching which I find absurd but others may not.
yeah hes an idiot, if i see your foot is sticking out of a door im going to shoot through it, not my fault you suck at hide n seek.

and i dont think abusing a games mechanic is cheating, i wouldent call stacking in dota 2 cheating or creep pulling or creep skipping, i think its innovative.

Fyro

Golden Squire

An apple is not an orange, nor a banana. However they're all fruit. (fucking tasty and delicious too)

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I typically bot in MMO's or other farming type games. Ain't got time fo dat nonsense. D3 is the most recent game that I botted.