Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He's a great Dr Strange.

None of the problems with this movie were because of him.

Can't tell if you're serious about his accent being "offensive" or just mocking the Brits here who throw a tantrum whenever an American does a British accent

Some really bad takes. Her heel turn was because of Vision's death. She was also evil IN Wandavision, why is it a surprise that she's gone more evil with the evil book?

What makes no sense is why she is so attached to her kids that existed for like 3 days, and how they exist in other realities where they seem to be real people that were actually born and lived entire lives for 10-12 years which would put them being born before Age Of Ultron. So who is even the father?

You just double quoted the two biggest retards of movie/tv,, of course they're bad takes

At least with chuk there's the minimal possibility it's a troll act. Spronk is the guy that trawls reddit for theories to post here and look intelligent, only to shoot himself in the foot the moment he has a theory of his own

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The issue with this movie was definitely not the acting, I thought I would hate American Chavez but she was good. The writing or editing was just a mess

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Movie wasn't terrible just a total misfire on director. The Evil Dead is campy but totally out of place for this movie. 😵

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really like how this movie didn't bother wasting my time with plot or character development and just had a bunch of monsters and spinning disks.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally got around to watching this on my other monitor while I played Diablo.

This felt like a parody of a Marvel movie. Completely nonsensical loud obnoxious greenscreen sensory overload at all times that assumes you have watched 17 other movies before this and read two fan wikis to be up to date on whatever the latest happenings are in Marvel-land. I restarted it twice because I was convinced the copy I had downloaded was fucked up somehow because the opening sequence is so fucking random I couldn't believe it.

Ram Rami is a hack but his influence was somehow not the worst part of this. The closest comparison I can make are the Star Wars prequels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
people keep bashing the cgi monsters and over the top color palette but that's iconic dr strange. reading dr strange is to shrooms what taco bell and funyuns are to weed.

i think the primary issue with the movie is sort of intangible. there was SOOOOOO many re-writes, we're all familiar with the joke being that the only thing that stayed the same throughout the process was the name of the movie. they had already postponed the movie so many times that they just needed to get it out and were becoming less and less concerned with quality.

it's like when you're working on something and it's fine, but you know it could be better, so you keep futzing with it over and over. initially it was something you were happy doing and enjoying the work, but you start enjoying it less and less with every iteration. so it becomes some grudge work, you KNOW you can knock it out of the park but you're so stressed about it not being as good as you know it can be, but every time you rework it you bake all your frustrations into it and it just keeps getting worse and worse. finally you basically fail upwards and accidentally make it better somehow so you just put your hands up and release it. it's definitely nowhere near what you originally wanted but it's "good enough" and now you can move on.

as a viewer we don't see any of that behind the scenes grind, and we should definitely not take that into account when judging it, but i think understanding that can help you appreciate it in some ways. and at the very least, help bring a fresh appreciation for the MCU up till end game. the amount of work that goes into coordinating all these interwoven stories is mind bottling and we SHOULD have gotten a lot more movies on par with strange 2 because of it.

the MCU post end game is falling a part for a lot of reasons, but this is a huge part of it.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The MCU should have kept the same overall tone, not gotten into the great diversity wars, brought good characters on to replace the ones that were leaving, and gone into something like Galactus or something that could be constructed in a way to show the ramifications of endgame. Keep this story flowing. This feels like a lot of small stories which they did some of but there’s no thread and a lot of flailing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users