Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
America Chavez kinda sucked. She had this "deer in headlights" look for the entire movie, no charisma, and just came out of nowhere with no introduction. People in the theater thought she was Ms Marvel. Factor in her stealing a lot of Strange's thunder in his own movie, and her overall presence felt unnecessary.
Would you rather a origin movie be made about her? No intro no nothing just a tool to be used and kept out of the wrong hands. No thunder was stolen he was a death controlling zombie strange kicking ass before she threw some weak ass punches...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Would you rather a origin movie be made about her? No intro no nothing just a tool to be used and kept out of the wrong hands. No thunder was stolen he was a death controlling zombie strange kicking ass before she threw some weak ass punches...

It isn't like they'd make an origin movie about her anyway. It's much easier to just introduce and push these Diverse Female Characters while piggybacking off of (and sometimes subverting) a successful, established male character in his own movie. They have the formula down to a science.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
American chavez was one of the best parts of the movie for me, they handled her story very well and the character was not too over the top, she wasn't a Mary Sue and they had an origin story without making it an origin story

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its a bummer they didn't plan out Wanda better, I think she was a super interesting villain and should have had a longer arc across multiple movies. Her evil turn was also a bit weird coming out of Wanda Vision, there's like a movie missing where it shows her getting corrupted by the Dark Hold. I don't even really know what it is other than a floating book.
it is rather odd that Abigail err Agatha had the Darkhold for hundreds of years and was only an evil powerful witch, when Wanda gets it, within days she goes full destruction of all dimensions of the universe crazy. that also doesnt explain her heel turn before she got hold of the the Darkhold. at no point during that show was Wanda the "good guy". she was only fooling herself into thinking she was.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
it is rather odd that Abigail err Agatha had the Darkhold for hundreds of years and was only an evil powerful witch, when Wanda gets it, within days she goes full destruction of all dimensions of the universe crazy. that also doesnt explain her heel turn before she got hold of the the Darkhold. at no point during that show was Wanda the "good guy". she was only fooling herself into thinking she was.

its a bummer they didn't plan out Wanda better, I think she was a super interesting villain and should have had a longer arc across multiple movies. Her evil turn was also a bit weird coming out of Wanda Vision, there's like a movie missing where it shows her getting corrupted by the Dark Hold. I don't even really know what it is other than a floating book.

Some really bad takes. Her heel turn was because of Vision's death. She was also evil IN Wandavision, why is it a surprise that she's gone more evil with the evil book?

What makes no sense is why she is so attached to her kids that existed for like 3 days, and how they exist in other realities where they seem to be real people that were actually born and lived entire lives for 10-12 years which would put them being born before Age Of Ultron. So who is even the father?

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Some really bad takes. Her heel turn was because of Vision's death. She was also evil IN Wandavision, why is it a surprise that she's gone more evil with the evil book?

What makes no sense is why she is so attached to her kids that existed for like 3 days, and how they exist in other realities where they seem to be real people that were actually born and lived entire lives for 10-12 years which would put them being born before Age Of Ultron. So who is even the father?

Maybe there's a multiverse universe out there where this has an answer that makes any sense whatsoever.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

Okay so I have a theory about this and its dumb. This movie was supposed to come out BEFORE Wandavision. So her jumping to the 838 Universe is where she first learns there is a version of her that has kids and what they look like. Then when the film ended she left to be in her grief and took over Westfield and created those kids based on what she saw and made Vision their dad. Her being in grief and destroying the Darkhold thematically makes sense about her state at the beginning of Wandavision more then what we got really. Her realizing there was no way to bring Vision back from a different reality led to her taking over a town.

Why they didn't rewrite that part of the movie completely considering they already rewrote Wanda becoming the Scarlet Witch in MoM and adding that to Wandavision is beyond me, it just left it way too confusing with too many questions. It also explained the dumb statue of her in the mountains, her taking the Darkhold would have MADE her the Scarlet Witch not that she was and thus inherits a book in a room. I get what they were trying to do but they didn't pull it off without people asking how do those kids look the same if in that Universe Vision never existed, and why is it a statue of her

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Even as presented, the movie makes the absolutely retarded statement that dreams are windows to different multiverses, and most other multiverse versions of Wanda have kids, so it's not unlikely to assume she dreamed of her kids before.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The kids father is a tough question. We see ultron type robots in 838 which presumably means Stark's ultron project worked. That removes the whole reason for Vision coming into existence in the first place.

My main problem with all this phase 4 stuff is that we've come to expect MCU movies to tie into some larger plot even if they were more "stand alone" stories. So far there doesn't seem to be any overarching story which leads us to these questions about Wanda's heel turn and other inconsistencies. This would be a perfectly enjoyable movie if you essentially ignored everything else about the MCU but we're too spoiled by the first phases to want that.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
We could just have the order wrong. (Keep in mind, if this universe has a Captain Carter and at least one mutant in Professor X, the divergence was looong ago.)

838 Wanda has kids (we don't see any evidence the 838 kids aren't normal / weren't produced normally)
616 Wanda seems them in her dreams (especially if 838 is one of the few timelines where Wanda's happy)
616 Wanda makes the 616 kids in the 838 kids' image
616 Wanda loses the false 616 kids
616 Wanda goes after the 838 kids

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
The series finale of Wandavision was March 5, 2021. The original release date of Dr Strange 2 was scheduled for May 7, 2021.

Yep just looked it up, so frankly then I have no idea how they were going to do it and I wonder if having Wanda in the movie was the reason Scott Derrickson left the film in the first place. I could see a Derrickson horror with just Doctor Strange and America Chavez working, dont need all that other convoluted shit. Hell the field of bones outside of the house in the ruined world is totally up his alley more then it was Raimi's.

Oh well at least we got The Black Phone out of him leaving, that was a solid ass horror film

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Missed the imaxx experience, guys wanted to see scientology man is not gay 2. So, is this worth watching on D+?

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its worth watching once. It is not top tier but it is not the worst of Marvel either. If you enjoy Dr. Strange and Wanda, then you will be fairly entertained.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Missed the imaxx experience, guys wanted to see scientology man is not gay 2. So, is this worth watching on D+?
It's worth watching just for the visuals. It's quite pretty.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You won't want to watch it again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just saw this, was a fun movie with some cool stuff in it setting up for later movies.

Yes the memory scene was dumb, don't know why some of you were complaining.

Not every movie can be as good as Spider Man No Way Home, you have to build to those and that's what this was.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just watching now, uh, mexican kid jumper, and SW is now a villain, wat?

Wow, FF, AC, CM and Charles wtf wtf wtf.

What mouth, hahahahahaha. Oh lord this is fantastic.

Zooombie, bwaahaha, this is so terrible it's funny.

I lub yuuu. Kissy.

Out of Leffe :(

Last edited: