Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone actually like Benadryl Cummerbund as Dr. Strange? Is he fairly close to what his comic book representation is?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I struggle to get past his offensive American accent.

Just feels like an overacted, nasal Sherlock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone actually like Benadryl Cummerbund as Dr. Strange? Is he fairly close to what his comic book representation is?
I thought he was good in the first movie. But since then not so much. In the comic he is a more serious person. But as is the Marvel way, they gotta make everything so lighthearted and jokey in the movies.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I thought he was good in the first movie. But since then not so much. In the comic he is a more serious person. But as is the Marvel way, they gotta make everything so lighthearted and jokey in the movies.

Well, its a different medium than comic books so sometimes that does work for the better. Case in point, Serious Thor in Thor 1, 2 and Avengers whom no one liked and then Goofy Thor in Ragnarok which everyone loved.

But that's a very hard needle to thread. Honestly, I think that Thor pivot was one of biggest wins they pulled off.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He's a great Dr Strange.

None of the problems with this movie were because of him.

Can't tell if you're serious about his accent being "offensive" or just mocking the Brits here who throw a tantrum whenever an American does a British accent

• 1Worf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's a great Dr Strange.

None of the problems with this movie were because of him.

Can't tell if you're serious about his accent being "offensive" or just mocking the Brits here who throw a tantrum whenever an American does a British accent

Not at all, I'm a Brit anyway. There are many Brits who can do a convincing American accent, I just don't think he's one of them and I find it jarring when I hear him talk.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This movie was so bad, not only does it make me far less likely to ever watch another Marvel movie, I’m less likely to watch any movie at all ever again.
i'm sure somebody will tell you that the real movie of the year hasnt come out yet. i guess that being Thor or some shitty movie that has inclusivity as their main objective.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I genuinely don't get the hate for this movie. Yeah they badly botched the ending with that awful pep talk shit, especially when America couldn't get the job done either and they end up beating Wanda with a fucking Talk no Jutsu. Aside from the ending though I thought it was pretty good.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its just a jumbled mess. You can definitely tell the director and Disney were going back and forth in the editing room on it. If it was 30 mins shorter it would of been a lot better. None of the problems are with the actors.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I do not believe the sorcerer supreme can innately fly. Strange is able to solely due to the magic cloak he wears. That's my understanding, but it's never actually explained in the movies.
While I agree the movies never really explain it, I think it falls in the generic "flying" that a lot of super heroes do where they can telekinesis either themselves or stuff to stand on. Could Ebony Maw or Magneto fly, or do they just telekinesis stuff that supports their weight? Would probably make more sense to show golden magic disks under his feet.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like him in the role, but this role isnt the comic Strange. Same with Wong. As someone else mentioned Marvel "lightened" the character up. Read the Defenders comic and Hulk, Valkyrie etc would just hang around the Sanctum Sanctorum while he spent all day in the study doing Master of the Mystic Arts shit. In the comics he spends all his time scanning the planes for threats to Earth. Apparently its a full-time job.

Strange isnt a guy you bring to parties. Same with Wong,

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Valkyrie etc would just hang around the Sanctum Sanctorum
I still mourn the Valkyrie we could have had.
519ef78a74ea0014e738701e39d62165[1].jpg

If they bring Angela in eventually, since she's a redhead, it is almost a certainty that she'll be black. Which will rustle me greatly.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While I agree the movies never really explain it, I think it falls in the generic "flying" that a lot of super heroes do where they can telekinesis either themselves or stuff to stand on. Could Ebony Maw or Magneto fly, or do they just telekinesis stuff that supports their weight? Would probably make more sense to show golden magic disks under his feet.

Don't know about Ebony Maw but Magneto manipulates the Earth's (and other planets') magnetic field to "fly".

The first movie seems to make it clear that the cloak is Strange's means of flying but I always assumed he'd have a random spell to allow him to do that anyway.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Movie had good pacing entertainment wise but they sure did a lot of slow walking when time was super important. Other then that was pure old school Rami entertainment.

• 1Like

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
You people can find anything to bitch about. His accent? really?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
its a bummer they didn't plan out Wanda better, I think she was a super interesting villain and should have had a longer arc across multiple movies. Her evil turn was also a bit weird coming out of Wanda Vision, there's like a movie missing where it shows her getting corrupted by the Dark Hold. I don't even really know what it is other than a floating book.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This movie was so bad, not only does it make me far less likely to ever watch another Marvel movie, I’m less likely to watch any movie at all ever again.

This is the effect Star Wars Episode 8 had on me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
My biggest takeaway is that there is a multiverse universe where this movie was actually good. I want to go to there.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dunno when all the edgelords crawled out of the woodwork into this thread.

It was a good movie, one of the best so far in Phase 4. Not a great movie, it was no Spider Man No Way Home. But most of the criticisms here are retarded.

There were two really dumb things in the movie. Two.
1. in your face retarded lesbian mom scene
2. whoever they cast as America Chavez sucks. I don't know if the character sucks in the comics, I have no familiarity with her. Seems like an interesting character on paper.

I only know this chick has zero charisma, a weird fucking face, and moves like she's wearing jeans that are too tight or has a badly sized butt plug in. She's got that same unappealing thing Darcy from Wandavision had going. Like thick in an awkward unattractive clumsy way.

Just every scene she's in, she makes it seem like this is a shitty CW show or something.

Other than that, good movie. The Phase 4 MCU movies from best to worst:
No Way Home
Multiverse
Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals

America Chavez kinda sucked. She had this "deer in headlights" look for the entire movie, no charisma, and just came out of nowhere with no introduction. People in the theater thought she was Ms Marvel. Factor in her stealing a lot of Strange's thunder in his own movie, and her overall presence felt unnecessary.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users