Doctor Who

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
At this point if the new companion was a fluid pansexual tri-gender attack helicopter I wouldn't be surprised.

Seriously, give a few years, we will get the Trans-Bi-Sexual character the worlds been clamoring for all these years...

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember that BBC is heavily invested in the SJW shit (as anyone who has watched their shows the last couple years already knows) and pushing it for all they are worth. I have long said that a Hellen Mirren type would make a good female Doctor, and that sort of looks like what we got. But the show has to be about Sci-Fi and not the Dr Who hosts the Burger King Kids Meal Club Diversity Soapbox Hour like the entire season with muff diving Mushmouth was. It needs a dark competent companion, like a Jack, a Turlough, or even a Romana type. If they do the special snowflake companion with uber destiny AGAIN, the show is permafucked and is yet another series that has been turned into a giant agenda commercial (aka Orphan Black, Class, ect).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Calling it now, Episode 1 of the new season will have amazing ratings, cause everyone wants to see the new Doctor in action.

Then by Episode 2, view count will tank.

Cybsled

But the real question is when will the Daleks show up? ;p Not that they would give a fuck about gender, anything that doesn't look like an eyeball squid mutant must be exterminated.

Goatface

show has been on a downward trend with Capaldi
last season was lowest rated of new era,

Season 10
premier 4.64m (overnight) 6.68m (Live + DVR week)
final 3.75m (overnight) 5.29m (Live + DVR week)
low, #10 2.89m (overnight) 4.73m (Live + DVR week)

Season 8, Capaldi start
premier 6.8m (overnight) 9.17m (Live + DVR week)
final 5.45m (overnight) 7.60m (Live + DVR week)
low #9 4.6m (overnight) 6.71m (Live + DVR week)

Season 7
premier 6.4 million (overnight) 8.3 million (Live + DVR week)
final 5.5 million (overnight) 7.45 million (Live + DVR week)
low #9 4.9 million (overnight) 6.50 million (Live + DVR week)

edit - just wanted to add. they also have a (Live +7) rating with includes Live, Reairs, All DVR, Iplayer and anything else they can count for that week. didn't see them for season 7 or 10, so didn't put them up for 8. they use those numbers whenever they talk about viewers.

Last edited:

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
I have not kept up with the show for the past so many years - and after reading numerous comments on this board, perhaps I am not missing much. But if I remember correctly, if the Doctor was or is or will be married to River Song in the past, present, or future, then does that mean to imply - if the two were ever sexually romantic, that one or both might have touched on being a lesbian at one point in the time stream?

At this point, I will continue to watch the Tom Baker episodes every Saturday night on a "local" cable PBS channel. This week is the second episode to the Key to Time series.

Goatface

When i was a teen local pbs ran 3rd and 4th Doctors an hour a day 5 days a week, .
during a pledge drive they had whole segment talking about how it was their biggest expense
and couldn't afford to show it anymore.
think it was the 1st time i ever heard someone on tv talk bad about a distributor and costs.

Chris

Potato del Grande
But if I remember correctly, if the Doctor was or is or will be married to River Song in the past, present, or future,

No that was all complete bullshit. She is kind of in love with him since he's the specialest cleverest person ever and he finds out she's the daughter of his companions and treats her as a flirty guest star (like he treated Captain Jack).

He technically marries her and tells her his name in an episode because incomprehensible prophecy plot reasons (I think it's like that family guy episode where chris dancing with the island girl is a marriage in their culture) and it's never really mentioned again. She comes back as a ghost for an episode?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dude do you actually watch the show? The Capaldi Xmas episode pretty much cemented their relationship.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Actually, I did not get to see the relaunch of the series until it already passed once through. Then I watched a smattering of the ninth, tenth, and eleventh Doctors whenever I happened to catch it. It caught my interest enough that by the third pass through, I seen most, if not all of the episodes. My "last" episode was when Matt Smith regenerated into Peter Capaldi. Or perhaps it was the episode when Tom Baker was the Curator. Anyway, I told myself I will eventually get around to watching these latest episodes. It was by accident I found this thread going since short of the football thread, I am usually checking out the funny, strange, and random thread only. Then after I read a good handful of pages, well, it seems the show went into a ~modern~ direction and it does not appeal to me based on that alone.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
No that was all complete bullshit. She is kind of in love with him since he's the specialest cleverest person ever and he finds out she's the daughter of his companions and treats her as a flirty guest star (like he treated Captain Jack).

He technically marries her and tells her his name in an episode because incomprehensible prophecy plot reasons (I think it's like that family guy episode where chris dancing with the island girl is a marriage in their culture) and it's never really mentioned again. She comes back as a ghost for an episode?

Totally no offense, but almost every part of this response is incorrect.

Edit: I guess technically what you stated was correct, so I apologize.

He did marry her
He did tell her his name, but not at the same time as the marriage. (My mistake there reading what you stated)

Not sure if she was a ghost so much, but I guess as good as an explanation as any.

lol and after all that, probably pretty accurate.

Either way, I enjoyed the whole story line and felt it was one of the best in the series.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would not go that far, but it was way more interesting as a love interest than Rose. Fuck that whore, seriously. The only time I remotely liked her was in the 50th anniversary when she was not playing Rose, but the Moment. Its hard to establish a real concrete storyline on that because they were both time travelers and constantly meeting each other at different points in their lives. Compare that to any storyline involving The Impossible Twat or Mushmouth McBoxmuncher, and its no contest. Plus A Good Man Goes to War is probably the second best episode of New-Who, right behind the 50th Special.

Goatface

BBC had to release salaries of top 1st party actors and presenters
PDF

Peter Capaldi
£200,000 - £249,999 a year

that is what $20 to 25K per show?

pretty shit for BBC's top show