Doctor Who

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Digital heaven was also already a thing in the first missy episode. anyone remember that, and if there was any connection?
I don't think their was a connection, just Moffat running out of ideas. When you need to bring Clara, Bill and Nardole all back in some way to say goodbye, you end up treading into familiar territory it seems.

I think he did a good job overall as show runner, I loved Smith's run. But, I'm glad to see him step down and maybe we can just get an occasional script from him when he's got a good idea again. He's written most of the best episodes and monsters of all time. Angels, Silence, River Song, the Crack, etc.. The show just became a bit inconsistent. I think his creative well was running a bit dry, needs some time to recharge and really come up with some original ideas again.

I know it's super early, but I'm getting a 4th doctor/Tom Baker vibe from the new doctor. Sorta how Tennant is similar to the 5th, Capaldi by the 1st, and Smith by the 2nd/7th. I could be way off, we've only had 10 seconds of total screen time from her, including the promos/trailers, and like 3 words, but still. Just the feeling I'm getting so far.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Certainly looked to me like the TARDIS ejected the new doctor. My wife said that since the TARDIS is the Dr's wife, maybe it just didn't want to be a lesbian.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, I am pretty sure it was the Tardis kicking her out.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wondering if we arent going to have an earthbound Doctor for at least part of the next series as she deals with life while trying to find / fix her TARDIS. The three new 'companions' would go along with that as they might be her local support network while shes sorting things out and then get swept along.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
seems pretty likely. A "grounded" season where the now female Doctor has to deal with the ultimate evil in the universe. The patriarchy. With a side dish of racism and xenophobia.

• 1Worf

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
A reinterpretation of the 3rd doctor working with UNIT while she cant time travel would be 'ok', i suppose. I hope it doesnt go on for more than a year, though.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just randomly jumping into this series. I've settled on the one with David Tennant and the girls name is Martha Jones. I've only seen one episode but it was fun so I'll continue on with this series. Any other particular Doctor/Sidekick match ups that were really good?

b619a137370795.5606664a86616.jpg

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Personally , I felt the Doctor, Amy, Rory and Riversong story lines were some of the strongest. (companion wise)

Rory-Amy-The-Doctor-and-River-Photos-rory-williams-33552755-456-304.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is the pinnacle of the post 2005 era for me. Eleven + the Ponds was such pure fun.

• 2Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The centurion guarding the Pandorica.

Not saying anything more about that storyline since folks new to it are still watching.

11th Doctor, Rory & Amy are the most fun I've had watching Dr. Who.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Glad to see this thread still kicking. Had no problem with the Master being female. Gomez killed it. It was organic. Well thought out. And frankly she was just plain awesome.

But they decided with the Doctor to pander and say "it's about time" and shit like that. Had they tried to keep it a secret, I think that first scene would have been legendary instead of just "Brilliant". Can't wait to see what she does.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm just randomly jumping into this series. I've settled on the one with David Tennant and the girls name is Martha Jones. I've only seen one episode but it was fun so I'll continue on with this series. Any other particular Doctor/Sidekick match ups that were really good?

b619a137370795.5606664a86616.jpg
I really liked Christopher Eccleston. That was way back in 2005 and only for one season (sorry, "series").

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i liked chris eccelston best, but the stories were much better with tennant and smith.you can end the series with the 50th anniversary episode and never look back.

Cybsled

I have a soft spot for 11 & the Ponds (Amy & Rory)

10 and Donna were a pretty good matchup also.

• 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
i liked chris eccelston best, but the stories were much better with tennant and smith.you can end the series with the 50th anniversary episode and never look back.

You guys didn't like Heaven Sent? Man. Thought that was a top 10 all time ep.

• 1Solidarity

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Fair nuff. His first season was Sylvester McCoy bad. Took him a while to find his groove. Once he did he was the snarkiest and meanest of the Doctors.

"Be respectful. I'm over 2000 now. I'm old enough to be your messiah!"

Loved the Christmas ep spin too.

• 1Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I stopped watching Doctor Who when Capaldi came on board. I watched the first episode with him and it was just dumb as shit.

For me that's the problem with Doctor Who -- I love the universe, but the stories and writing is usually mediocre to just bad. Out of the years of watching it from Eccleson through Matt Smith I could probably count on one hand the number of episodes that I genuinely thought were excellent.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like