Doctor Who

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would have loved to see Peter Capaldi with the level of stories and writing that Matt Smith got. But it seems like after Demons Run and the finale to the Ponds' arc they didn't have much left to give.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still digging this show. I'm almost at the end of the David Tennant era I believe. It's the "Specials" series where he's kind of alone.

Some of the social justice or generally political stuff is mildly annoying but it's not terrible. The Dr constantly complaining about guns and saluting, yet has personally killed a zillion sentient beings... from Daleks to Cyber Men to whoever else. He kills all the time and defends himself, just not with guns cause that's bad.

Seems like every companion has to be in an interracial relationship, from Rose and Mickey (?), to Martha and whoever that dude she married is, to Donna and the boyfriend she has in this series... even that new girl with Capaldi, the one episode I saw she falls for a white girl ... who turned out to be an alien or something. Not that it bothers me, it just seems very contrived.

That said! Still really like the show.

• 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There's actually a pretty good reason for all of that. Russel Davies and Moffat are both very preachy but there's a good payoff, and you already hit upon a big part of it. He's delusional. To say the least. Great part about this show is it moves forward whether the Doctor likes it or not :p

Chris

Potato del Grande
Still digging this show. I'm almost at the end of the David Tennant era I believe. It's the "Specials" series where he's kind of alone.

Some of the social justice or generally political stuff is mildly annoying but it's not terrible. The Dr constantly complaining about guns and saluting, yet has personally killed a zillion sentient beings... from Daleks to Cyber Men to whoever else. He kills all the time and defends himself, just not with guns cause that's bad.

Seems like every companion has to be in an interracial relationship, from Rose and Mickey (?), to Martha and whoever that dude she married is, to Donna and the boyfriend she has in this series... even that new girl with Capaldi, the one episode I saw she falls for a white girl ... who turned out to be an alien or something. Not that it bothers me, it just seems very contrived.

That said! Still really like the show.
Tennant Era was 2000s pre social justice diversity, where you had a black or gay character and nobody made a big deal about it.

Smith Era oddly enough had hardly anything, considering it's the same guy who did the Capaldi stuff...

Capaldi Era is 2010s full on social justice, where the character had to be gay AND black while telling you off for cis male white privilage.

If Tennant Era is annoying you, Capaldi Era is going to enrage you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok yeah i was kind of thinking he is heading for a reckoning. I'll find out soon I suppose.

I'm going to introduce my wife to it. She digs sci-fi stuff. I guess I'll start with "Rose" episode with that Eccleston guy, only because Rose seems pivotal and you get the whole Tardis introduction I think in that episode.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tennant Era was 2000s pre social justice diversity, where you had a black or gay character and nobody made a big deal about it.

Smith Era oddly enough had hardly anything, considering it's the same guy who did the Capaldi stuff...

Capaldi Era is 2010s full on social justice, where the character had to be gay AND black while telling you off for cis male white privilage.

If Tennant Era is annoying you, Capaldi Era is going to enrage you.

Yeah Tennant stuff like I said just seems very contrived. I liked all the characters it just seemed like a quota system.

I saw the one Capaldi episode... actually maybe 2? And I was eh with it. Seems clear they are done with the dynamic of the companion falling for the Dr ... but he is aloof and refuses to fall in love. We will see when I get back to him. I still have a few more Tennant and then the next guy up.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Matt Smith era is a tonal change and a lot of fun with the Ponds. Plus Karen Gillan is hot/awesome.

• 2Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The white dating black thing isnt 'sjw', its english. They kinda got over that awhile ago.

• 1Picard

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I always saw the anti-gun thing as him being selfish. He's cleverer than you and can kill anyone he wants with his cleverness. But guns equalize and make the less clever a threat to him.

The anti saluting thing I thought was because of bad experiences with armies.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was one episode where they are fighting the Sontarans I think, he was just being a dick to the British Military commander. Giving him shit for trying to defend people and carrying a gun and saluting.

Anyway! Saw the last episode now where he DID use a gun, but of course they wrote him an out on actually shooting anyone. Overall I really like Tennants take on the Dr. Good payoff at the end. And meanwhile my girl Martha married Mickey? Was that Rose's old boyfriend? I was confused.

The white dating black thing isnt 'sjw', its english. They kinda got over that awhile ago.

Dude don't be racist. Love is color blind. Take a cue from the English and get over it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, Martha marries Mickey and they bounty hunt aliens or something based on the last scene we saw with them.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
First episode of the 11th (?) doctor was really good. The Matt Smith one with Amy Pond. Really great story on how they meet, I definitely liked it. He seems good so far and she is super hot.

Chris

Potato del Grande
First episode of the 11th (?) doctor was really good. The Matt Smith one with Amy Pond. Really great story on how they meet, I definitely liked it. He seems good so far and she is super hot.
She's Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy now too.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I knew Nebula but not Jumanji. Havent seen that yet. Yeah she's hot for sure. And 5'11? Super hot. Like a better Jennifer Lawrence type.
Nebula is really pivotal in the Infinity War comics if I'm remembering right? Just change it so she is not a zombie, make her look like she was pre-Thanos augmentation.

As for this Doctor I'll be watching more tonight. So it's this dude up to Capaldi yeah? I'll say so far they have done a great job with the show. Donna was the only character I didn't really like. And she wasnt bad, I didn't hate her, just not my favorite by any means.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I knew Nebula but not Jumanji. Havent seen that yet. Yeah she's hot for sure. And 5'11? Super hot. Like a better Jennifer Lawrence type.
Nebula is really pivotal in the Infinity War comics if I'm remembering right? Just change it so she is not a zombie, make her look like she was pre-Thanos augmentation.

As for this Doctor I'll be watching more tonight. So it's this dude up to Capaldi yeah? I'll say so far they have done a great job with the show. Donna was the only character I didn't really like. And she wasnt bad, I didn't hate her, just not my favorite by any means.
I suggest that you watch up until they swap Amy for Clara, then pretend that he regenerated off screen into female doctor.

That skips half of Smith and all of Capaldi, it's pure shit seriously. Female master is good but the plots she is in make no sense and they ruin her later on. Capaldi is a great actor with nothing to work with.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I suggest that you watch up until they swap Amy for Clara, then pretend that he regenerated off screen into female doctor.

That skips half of Smith and all of Capaldi, it's pure shit seriously. Female master is good but the plots she is in make no sense and they ruin her later on. Capaldi is a great actor with nothing to work with.
you can stay with Clara until the Skaro episode. then just shut it off.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
First some Muppets and Dr Who funny

Now the teaser

Scary to think that David Tennant is now 3 Doctors ago