Doctor Who

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure it's because she's attractive and now a bunch of fans are afraid they will lust after a tranny, therefore making them gay.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After that last season with Carpet Munching Buckweat, everything they do with the show will face scrutiny. It doesn't help that the new Nurse Who started virtue signaling almost immediately, either. But its BBC and everything they do now is tainted by the cult so bad it makes CW seem like a Nazi State Network. For the first time since the new series started (and back when I was old enough to stay up to watch it on late night PBS) I will be taking a hard pass on this show.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't watch the last season of Capaldi, while I like him as the Doctor, the previous seasons with him sucked in my opinion.

I might give this a chance just to see where they take it with the Doctor being a woman. A new showrunner might be good too for the show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Will only watch if Captain Jack Harkness returns in some form (Face of Boe) or another.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
After that last season with Carpet Munching Buckweat, everything they do with the show will face scrutiny. It doesn't help that the new Nurse Who started virtue signaling almost immediately, either. But its BBC and everything they do now is tainted by the cult so bad it makes CW seem like a Nazi State Network. For the first time since the new series started (and back when I was old enough to stay up to watch it on late night PBS) I will be taking a hard pass on this show.
same, i was watching Tom Baker's Doctor with my dad 40 years ago, i watched the reboots from from eccolston to smith several times. i even watched capaldi up until he went full SJW with tranny companion and white shaming. thats when i realized the series has been compromised and i noped the fuck out. the other problem was there was no overarching threat. you can only throw in daleks, cybermen and weeping angels so many times in a single episode without a season long theme before i just get tired of it all. they need a new show runner and of course they need to dial back the guilt and virtue signalling. lastly there was a lady doctor and they wrote her off after one episode.
The_Doctors_Daughter_2685.jpg

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is the perfect series to make that message though. "Break the glass ceiling" while putting women inside a magic box and market their safe space as being bigger on the inside when in reality they're growing the distance people stay away on the outside.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

That it's, it's over. Doctor Who is done.
If it wasnt obvious before now that she was solely a diversity hire instead of an organic progression in the storyline, there is your proof. yes, this show is done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
If it wasnt obvious before now that she was solely a diversity hire instead of an organic progression in the storyline, there is your proof. yes, this show is done.
It's a shame because she is a good actress who could just play the role, but they are going to write it as some sort of weird female empowerment thing.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's a shame because she is a good actress who could just play the role, but they are going to write it as some sort of weird female empowerment thing.
which is a shame because Davies had no problems depicting strong women. the fact that all the Doctors were always men made sense, since he is a man.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And now he'll be a man trapped in a woman's body?
now that they opened pandora's box on DW's gender, there is nothing to stop them from making the next Doctor a man who identifies as another gender, or a completely different race or species. eventually we will get an Amoeba Doctor.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's great that we live in a time where TV ratings, demographics, and advertising dollars don't matter any more. Shows can now be bold enough to alienate all of their original audience and flip the genre into full on chick flick.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The only thing that offends me is the shit music they are using in these trailers. Why the fuck does it sound like a CW teenage drama show?

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing that offends me is the shit music they are using in these trailers. Why the fuck does it sound like a CW teenage drama show?
Because it is on the same level as some trash CW teen-drama show?

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Female Doctor... fine... whatever. But this shit doesn't even feel like The Doctor anymore. The tone is completely off to me.

• 1Like