Doctor Who

Inque

FunEmployed
Fuck this show. Fuck this show runner. Fuck the script. Fuck the entire series.

This entire hour special was a complete and total shit. I'm not going to bother spoiling it because we know the twist, except they started off REALLY , REALLY REALLY AWESOME and about 20 minutes into the episode decided to pull a Dale Earnhardt, survive, piss on the corpse, load the wreckage into ANOTHER vehicle and speed 90mph into ANOTHER wall.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fuck this show. Fuck this show runner. Fuck the script. Fuck the entire series.

This entire hour special was a complete and total shit. I'm not going to bother spoiling it because we know the twist, except they started off REALLY , REALLY REALLY AWESOME and about 20 minutes into the episode decided to pull a Dale Earnhardt, survive, piss on the corpse, load the wreckage into ANOTHER vehicle and speed 90mph into ANOTHER wall.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
female dalek puppet not impress you?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
female dalek puppet not impress you?
Yeah it was a really interesting concept and there was about ~10 minutes of good TV out of that. The rest was slow, pointless melodrama.

Compare to the Eccelston solo Dalek episode which was a similar concept and it just kept wiping dozens of people out throughout the episode with The Doctor going through some viseral fear and anger, they also made a point of showing that Daleks all have genius level IQ with it brute forcing door codes.

I think it would have been great to have the buildup be the season's story arc, so in every sheffield episode the "possessed" character has a camo somehow and in every past episode there's dalek parts being smuggled in the background.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
What a dud of a show.

All the characters are there only because of their gender and race. Dr is a woman only because she's a woman. Black guys are there only because they are black, also the Indians. The old white guy is only there so Astrocreep will have someone to identify with.

I wonder how the Xmas sales of Dr Who Affirmative Action figures went off?

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Also, there's nothing more annoying than dressing up a 40 y/old woman in the clothes and maturity of a 16 y/old girl.

• 1Like

Goatface

Ratings Low for Time-Shifted 'Doctor Who' Festive Special
Showing on New Year's Day instead of Christmas Day, Jodie Whittaker's first festive special landed 5.15 million overnight viewers in the U.K., the lowest level for the annual 'Doctor Who' event since 2005.

The figure – which is before consolidated views have been included – marks the lowest for any Doctor Who festive special since the series returned in its modern form in 2005, and also Whittaker's second worst episode this season. By contrast, David Tennant's first special landed 9.4 million overnight views, Matt Smith's 10.3 million and Peter Capaldi's 6.3 million. However, these were all broadcast on Christmas Day.

2007's "Voyage of the Damned," starring Tennant and Kylie Minogue, earned 12.2 million overnights, the most for any Christmas standalone.

=

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What a dud of a show.

All the characters are there only because of their gender and race. Dr is a woman only because she's a woman. Black guys are there only because they are black, also the Indians. The old white guy is only there so Astrocreep will have someone to identify with.

I wonder how the Xmas sales of Dr Who Affirmative Action figures went off?
:(

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Resolution of the missed opportunities.

Had an interesting concept that fell apart the more the episode progressed. Sad part is that it was probably the best episode of this season. But a polished turd is still a turd.

Ryan's dad was so forced. Yaz still being useless. The Dalek finding the parts it needed and the power required inside a_random_warehouse01 was laughable (yes I know it stole/brought some along). You had a legit threat and an opportunity to show how evenly matched the Daleks can be by having it possess the Doctor at the end, then having a battle of mind and will, but they went with Ryan's dad instead.

BBC America also did a disservice by playing a marathon beforehand. Makes this season look even worse.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Haven't seen the new years show yet, but I'm liking the female doctor. Every episode is getting better. It was rocky at first just like every modern doctor before her (other than eccleston). She's already above capaldi on my list and might beat out matt smith if she hangs around long enough.

I'm not sure why they made such a big deal about there being no arc and then had tim shaw aliens show up (or be mentioned) in 3 or 4 episodes. Does that not count as an arc? Maybe I'm confused on the concept.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Doctor Who 'set for MAJOR shake up ahead of Series 12' | Daily Mail Online
Doctor Who 'set for MAJOR shake up ahead of Series 12 as bosses plan a move back to Saturday nights'

That really reads like they're trying to pin blame of flagging viewer numbers on "Oh, well we moved to Sunday.. our bad..."

If this trend continues in the next series I wonder what they'll blame. Probably Russian Dalek Trolls.
f3ddf34e52b9e453e64c01e54848eebd.jpg

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That really reads like they're trying to pin blame of flagging viewer numbers on "Oh, well we moved to Sunday.. our bad..."

If this trend continues in the next series I wonder what they'll blame. Probably Russian Dalek Trolls.
f3ddf34e52b9e453e64c01e54848eebd.jpg
there have been talks about Whitaker and the paki chick hooking up next season.

they also might bring back riversong.
all rumors at this point.
Alex Kingston admits she was conflicted after Jodie Whittaker was cast as the first female Doctor | Daily Mail Online
Despite being killed off four-years ago, Alex admitted she is still open to the idea of returning as River Song.

'I'm always up for that,' she said. 'I feel like I've never left. Even though I'm not filming I'm recording a lot of the audio clips. I still feel like I'm living the character.'

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Tried watching this. What garbage. It may as well be a pseudo religous children's book about morality, given how simplistic its themes/ideas are. I guess they were going for a call back to the show's roots...so bravo? (And don't get me wrong, I disagree a little with the above video about propaganda. A pushed theme doesn't ruin anything on its own, there are great "propaganda" books, as this person defines that dichotomy (books meant to deliver a clear message), like Animal Farm for example--but those books only work when the message gets delivered by characters that are multifaceted/deep still. They don't need to be sympathetic, they just need to function as more than a message.)

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Tried watching this. What garbage. It may as well be a pseudo religous children's book about morality, given how simplistic its themes/ideas are. I guess they were going for a call back to the show's roots...so bravo? (And don't get me wrong, I disagree a little with the above video about propaganda. A pushed theme doesn't ruin anything on its own, there are great "propaganda" books, as this person defines that dichotomy (books meant to deliver a clear message), like Animal Farm for example--but those books only work when the message gets delivered by characters that are multifaceted/deep still. They don't need to be sympathetic, they just need to function as more than a message.)
thankfully the rumors are next season will be chibs and whitakers last. more rumors about who will take his place. Davies already noped out.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm beginning to think none of them have the necessary qualifications. I don't even think she's a real doctor.

• 2Like