Doctor Who

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure it's Capaldi, can't see them going to all this trouble and hoohah for Rigby. We'll find out tomorrow!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If it's Capaldi I will be dancing in the street. I have downright hated every casting since Ecclestone. Granted, I was wrong about each, but it's still a pain in the ass warming up to a new Doctor. With Peter Capaldi I won't have to.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Catherine Tate was 1st tier for a year or two but she didn't have any staying power, it's like she left Comedy after the Dr Who stuff. She is off the radar now.
She has been in the last 2 seasons of the american version of The Office, it was horrible.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If it is Capaldi that'll be funny, because according to IMDB he wasW.H.O. Doctorin World War Z! /rimshot

iannis

Musty Nester
See, I saw the exact opposite in Martha Jones. I saw a character that vacillitated between the most helpless kitten of them all with, "lets climb into this escape pod, lulz, onoes doctor dooooooooctoooor. I told you he'd save us" and a character that was wonder-woman with, "I travelled the world for a year, telling the story". On the whole she tended to be more helpless and confused than Torchwood secret agent badass.

I like theideaof martha jones, and I like the actress. She just wasn't the best written.

iannis

Musty Nester
This is one remarkable advantage of being an American viewer. Even if they choose a british pseudo-celebrity I still won't know how the fuck he is. They're all, "Who's the new guy then?" to me!

It's probably the only advantage. I'm sure every episode is sprinkled with subtle pop-culture jokes.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Martha Jones sucked. They needed Captain Jack and the Master to turn those final eps into Classics.

No one watches that season for Martha Jones.
tongue.png
42, the one with Mark Gatiss as the old man monster, ffs they even did an episode where she only showed up at the end with a bow and arrow.

That's the great thing about Companions. For every one there's almost an equal amount of people that love/hate them. Except Sarah Jane.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And what the hell happened to Rose's mouth? I'm not trying to be mean at all, was she in a car crash or something? It sounds like she got some serious denture work done. It's the whistling hiss on her S's (and plus if you look between years... her mouth got bigger and her overbite more pronounced).
check this song out you might get a kick out of one of their lyrics

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Only issue with Capaldi is that he has been in both DW and TW. They would have to come up with a great explaination, they cant pull "time rift multiplicity" angle again like with Gwen or it will reek of bullshit

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Only issue with Capaldi is that he has been in both DW and TW. They would have to come up with a great explaination, they cant pull "time rift multiplicity" angle again like with Gwen or it will reek of bullshit
Amelia Pond was in that same episode
tongue.png

I agree though, especially after the whole Clara "Each person is unique and only made once!" plotcrap this year.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I didn't realize that like everyone on Dr. Who is Scottish. Donna kinda obviously.

And what the hell happened to Rose's mouth? I'm not trying to be mean at all, was she in a car crash or something? It sounds like she got some serious denture work done. It's the whistling hiss on her S's (and plus if you look between years... her mouth got bigger and her overbite more pronounced).
Donna wasn't and Catherine Tate is not Scottish and most actors on the show are British (which Scotland is a part of). Only Scottish main actors I know of are Tennant and Gillan. John Barrowman doesn't really count because he has an American accent and grew up in Illinois and lives in LA most of the time.

Every episode Billie Piper had a big facial part prominent, sometimes it was the teeth, sometimes the lips, jaw, eyes, forehead.

Also Tate was and probably still is one of the best Brit comediennes. She just stopped with her show and has be doing special guest spots (US Office, comedy specials) and just started a new show with David Walliams.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Amelia Pond was in that same episode.
if you didnt pay attention, you would never know. She had makeup and little dialogue. I think Moffat even said he didnt know she had been in the show before.

Also, Martha was explained by her cousin was the one at Canary Warf.

Biggest recast was Colin Baker as Cmdr Maxil and then a year later he was the 6th Doctor.Also,

This

rrr_img_38898.jpg

is a lot easier to overlook than casting the same person that was in the season 2 finale as the season 3 companion

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, even Martha Jones was a jobber in one episode with the Cybermen. She was even a main side-character of the episode, but was not REALLY Martha Jones. Hell, I think she ended up even dying in that episode. Then years later they cast her as a companion.

Edit: There we go, it was the Army of Ghosts episode. She played a character named Adeola. (This was still during the Tennant/Rose era)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think they had a throw away line about a cousin who went missing at Torchwood during that incident.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
They did. She mentions she disappeared or something.

Also the girl from Ab Fab (Titty Kaka) who played the main scientist in Torchwood, was also the UNIT scientist studying the pigman in World War 3 during Ecclestone's run. I think she also died in both series.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I'm quite impressed, unless I've missed one it appears none of the Sundays have managed to ferret out the identity of the new chap yet. Almost to a paper they seem convinced it's Capaldi although several editorials yesterday and today have been saying it's time for a female Doctor. I suspect next time round will see that one happen.

Chris

Potato del Grande
She has been in the last 2 seasons of the american version of The Office, it was horrible.
Oh... so Cathrine Tate tried to make it big in America lol... those types often vanish for us since we only tend to get your really high quality stuff and they end up in something normal. I can't imagine someone so annoying going down well in another country.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
girl who played the main scientist in Torchwood, was also the UNIT scientist studying the pigman in World War 3 during Ecclestone's run. I think she also died in both series.
RTD made it so they had the same name so no one would question it, She was was credited as Dr. Sato in DW. One could just make the presumption that she was undercover.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
same actor different roles list so its easy to see

Cmdr Maxil -> 6th Doctor = no explanation i think
Adeola -> Martha = cousin
Gwyneth -> Gwen = Rift genetic multiplicity
Tosh -> Tosh = played same character
Princess Astra -> Romana 2 = I believe she liked Princess Astra's look
Soothsayer -> Amy = none needed, makeup helped
Roman guy -> Frobisher = none needed as it was Torchwood