Doctor Who

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Wow. It has been a long LONG time since I've been surprised by a Doctor Who episode. I was expecting none of this and it's pretty damn awesome in a Cartmel MasterPlan sort of way.

I loved the shit out of this!

so if 'Ruth' is a Doctor before the First Doctor then why is the TARDIS a police box? Is she a parallel Doctor that split off at some point? Argh!!
Because time hates logic and fuck you, that's why.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You know, if this entire season ends and it somehow turns out black Doctor is the real one and Jodie is like some Cyberman replica or some shit...

I'd be ok with that. :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, they took what could have easily been a great mystery/mind fuck of the season and probably ruined it.

Chibnall said in some interview recently that Obama-Doctor is legitimately The Doctor, and not some parallel universe type thing or trickery. So it's 100% expected that he's going to somehow shove this one into canon somewhere and expect all of us to just roll with it.

I fully expect him to now do some bullshittery and probably say that durr hurr Jodie-Doctor is actually the Nth Doctor in this new set of regenerations and then introduce us to all the minority, lesbian and transgender Doctors of this set that Jodie-Doctor forgot all about because "plot".

I say that because as bad as THAT sounds, he wouldn't dare try to shove this Obama-Doctor in between previous classic regenerations, would he? Pull another War Doctor type move, but without any of the finesse? Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't tell me that is where Chibnall is going with this....

Qhue

Trump's Staff
She has to be 0th or -1st etc Doctor given the TARDIS interior, general state of Gallifreyan civilization, lack of sonic, etc. I'm betting that the 1st Doctor got his mind wiped and thus believes it was his first regeneration into the 2nd when in fact it may have been his Nth.

It does gel with Brain of Morbius where we see a bunch of other 'Doctors' that we don't recognize.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The fan theory at the moment is "series 6b" which is the time between the 2nd Doctor being sentenced to regeneration by the Time Lords (end of series 6) and falling out of the TARDIS as the 3rd Doctor (start of series 7).

You'd assume those two events happen right after each other, but it's been used to explain why the 2nd Doctor kept showing up looking older and older in several multi doctor specials.

I believe it's consistent with the old TARDIS console and lack of Sonic Screwdriver. Extra regeneration is fine as Tennant used up two when they had that weird hand metacrisis thing, so just retcon that to not be counted.

I just don't think they can explain it to a normie audience without recasting 2nd and 3rd Doctor, but they had Reece Shearsmith play the 2nd Doctor in that docudrama they got the 1st Doctor recast from, so maybe they just get John Pertwee's son or something. I feel like it's too ambitious and too deep lore for the current state of the show.

Her being the 0th Doctor is more obvious for woke politics but isn't consistent with the old lore, or even Clara showing the 1st Doctor which TARDIS to steal.

I actually think that they won't explain it at all and it's 50/50 she shows up again. After all apparently Captain Jack isn't back this season again for some random reason, I guess his scenes were reshoots and the companions were meant to be captured by the Judoon or something.

Cybsled

Reshoots? Lol...that means they realized fans were tuning out and they needed to inject some fan service.

Goatface

1580771515764.png

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Doctor Who's revision has been so hit-and-miss.

I liked David Tennet. But, honestly, Tom Baker will always be my favorite Doctor Who. Yeah-- the episodes are cheesy with regard to sets and special effects most of the time. They occasionally knock it out of the park with good sci-fi writing. A little too much yelling in the old series. I am not sure if that is a Brit thing or not.

If you want some good Doctor Who -- go to Amazon or Pluto TV. Check out "The Talons of Weng Chiang," "The Pyramids of Mars" or "The Horror of Fang Rock."

In terms of story telling and characters, blows away the new ones.

In terms of cheesiness, well, what can you do?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Reshoots? Lol...that means they realized fans were tuning out and they needed to inject some fan service.
the rumors swirling around are that Tennet was to reprise his role as the depowered hand Doctor (who ran off with Rose) and woke doctor was gonna chew his ass out for toxic masculinity or some such. its a rumor, but perhaps that was the part they reshot and inserted Capt Jack at the last minute .

Cybsled

The only "arc" is talk about a Timeless Child and Capt Jack warning about some Cyberman. They haven't really revealed the significance of that yet.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone watch more than 1 episode this season?

Is there an interesting arc at all?
No.

A black women showed up in the most boring episode ever made saying she was The Doctor.

The Master destroyed Gallifrey off screen.

The Cybermen were defeated offscreen but there was one left who got a mcguffin to revive them all.

Save yourself the 4 hours you needed to learn those things at the end of the shit episodes they were in. Don't watch the other episodes which were preachy filler.

The three plots are maybe going to be resolved next week in the finale. They are probably going for The Doctor originally being a Black Woman of Colour and Time Lords being Human Refugees.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No.

A black women showed up in the most boring episode ever made saying she was The Doctor.

The Master destroyed Gallifrey off screen.

The Cybermen were defeated offscreen but there was one left who got a mcguffin to revive them all.

Save yourself the 4 hours you needed to learn those things at the end of the shit episodes they were in. Don't watch the other episodes which were preachy filler.

The three plots are maybe going to be resolved next week in the finale. They are probably going for The Doctor originally being a Black Woman of Colour and Time Lords being Human Refugees.
the only warning when Capt Jack showed up should be.
TRY NOT TO BECOME A GIANT HEAD SWIMMING IN A FISH BOWL!

3dc2a3d98c68ae5f98450ba2e83b8d07e86662c4_hq.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yep, Doctor was originally Black and Female refugee who was the first Time Lord?

I was pretty underwhelmed actually, Time Lord Cybermen were cool but obviously they can't survive the episode...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yep, Doctor was originally Black and Female refugee who was the first Time Lord?

I was pretty underwhelmed actually, Time Lord Cybermen were cool but obviously they can't survive the episode...
was that in the finale? how do you still stand this shit? is it a British thing? you gotta watch Who on the telly and drink tea and eat jammie dodgers?

Chris

Potato del Grande
was that in the finale? how do you still stand this shit? is it a British thing? you gotta watch Who on the telly and drink tea and eat jammie dodgers?
I haven't see any episode in the season except the black doctor one and the finale two parter. My wife was suffering the whole time, she was not inspired by womyn doctors.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, if somehow the series had managed to survive in anyone's minds this long, this was the nail in the coffin. Jesus fucking Christ.

RIP

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well that certainly did upend everything we knew about Gallifrey and the Time Lords in general...

The Daleks have to be suuuuuper pissed that it was the Cybermen that got to a destroyed Gallifrey ahead of them. Even more so if the Master saved some of his CyberLords when he escaped.

The big chunk of redacted space in the Matrix where the Doctor's pre-first-doctor work should be gives us a big mystery as does the whole question of where the fuck she came from in the first place.