Doctor Who

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I haven't watched this yet.... I hear they decided to try to bring in the biggest gun they could, Captain Jack, to essentially tell the audience (by way of telling the Doctor) that they're STILL DOCTOR WHO even though they've undone the entirety of 50+ years of continuity... Is that about spot on?

So brave....
well, shit if that was their purpose, then they dun goofed. Capn Jack was only in a handful of episodes and they ditched him when Tennant fucked off 10 years ago.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
well, shit if that was their purpose, then they dun goofed. Capn Jack was only in a handful of episodes and they ditched him when Tennant fucked off 10 years ago.

Yeah, but Barrowman still carries a lot of sway in the Doctor fandom. Not to mention he's been pretty good in about everything I've seen him in. I think they JUST MIGHT be starting to get an inkling that they have screwed and potentially killed a golden goose. They're just not getting as much attention about it because it's like they said "Watch me screw generations of fans for the sake of scoring points with twats on twitter that won't really support and watch our content". Then from the other side of the room Kathleen Kennedy told them to hold her soy latte and "watch this..."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, but Barrowman still carries a lot of sway in the Doctor fandom. Not to mention he's been pretty good in about everything I've seen him in. I think they JUST MIGHT be starting to get an inkling that they have screwed and potentially killed a golden goose. They're just not getting as much attention about it because it's like they said "Watch me screw generations of fans for the sake of scoring points with twats on twitter that won't really support and watch our content". Then from the other side of the room Kathleen Kennedy told them to hold her soy latte and "watch this..."
i dunno, man, Torchwood had a good run, then they axed it and later tried to revive the series on Starz which turned out to be a hot mess. i dont think Barrowman alone can save the series at this point. you would need to bring on Neil Gaiman as showrunner, rejuve Tenant or Matt Smith as the next Doctor and then MAYBE you got a fair shot at bringing things back to where they left off when Capaldi entered the scene. chibnal wasnt the first nail in the coffin.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
i dunno, man, Torchwood had a good run, then they axed it and later tried to revive the series on Starz which turned out to be a hot mess. i dont think Barrowman alone can save the series at this point. you would need to bring on Neil Gaiman as showrunner, rejuve Tenant or Matt Smith as the next Doctor and then MAYBE you got a fair shot at bringing things back to where they left off when Capaldi entered the scene. chibnal wasnt the first nail in the coffin.

I wouldn't go so far as to say bring back Tennant or Smith. But the rest I am fully on board with. The key being bring on people (both show runners, writers, directors, and actors) who have a level of reverence for the characters and mythos. This is what worked at Marvel, what Favreau is bringing to Star Wars via Mandolorian, etc. There are a lot of actors they could drop in who have shown they truly love the characters. Two off hand (who would still score them diversity points to boot) would be :
1609688951066.png
Rahul Kohli - IMDb
1609689022744.png
Richard Ayoade - IMDb

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wouldn't go so far as to say bring back Tennant or Smith. But the rest I am fully on board with. The key being bring on people (both show runners, writers, directors, and actors) who have a level of reverence for the characters and mythos. This is what worked at Marvel, what Favreau is bringing to Star Wars via Mandolorian, etc. There are a lot of actors they could drop in who have shown they truly love the characters. Two off hand (who would still score them diversity points to boot) would be :
View attachment 326819 Rahul Kohli - IMDb
View attachment 326820 Richard Ayoade - IMDb
Are those pakis? I dont think that would go over so well. They gotta go back to a white male shitlord timelord. Someone to show all the woke assholes who is really the face of this franchise. Diversity is why there was companions, but the constants on the show have to be maintained. It worked for 50 years. It only shits the bed when they try to divert from it.

Tennant`s tenth doctor could pretend to be a pacifist all day long, but he probably killed the fuck out of the galaxy more than any doctor. Timelord victorious indeed.

• 1Pathetic

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Are those pakis? I dont think that would go over so well. They gotta go back to a white male shitlord timelord. Someone to show all the woke assholes who is really the face of this franchise. Diversity is why there was companions, but the constants on the show have to be maintained. It worked for 50 years. It only shits the bed when they try to divert from it.

Tennant`s tenth doctor could pretend to be a pacifist all day long, but he probably killed the fuck out of the galaxy more than any doctor. Timelord victorious indeed.
They're both British but obviously of immigrant decent. Both good and funny actors. Both (looking at their respective twitter feeds) somewhat to very geek/gamer centric. Both have signature roles in SciFi/Geeky shows (iZombie and IT Crowd)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are those pakis?
Please don't. That's the British version of American Inventor for South Asians. You can't fight SJWs by actually being racist, real racism fuels them.

iZombie dude is some sort of Indian yes, and was great in iZombie but he was mostly comedy relief, no guarantee he can do the serious/epic side but no complaints from me.

Richard Ayoade is half Norwegien half Nigerian and the most British person to exist personality-wise. He is too well known and isn't strictly an actor, he's one of those people who has one good character and is the same in everything. If he had to act serious it would ruin his gimmick.

• 1EyeRoll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Please don't. That's the British version of American Inventor for South Asians. You can't fight SJWs by actually being racist, real racism fuels them.

iZombie dude is some sort of Indian yes, and was great in iZombie but he was mostly comedy relief, no guarantee he can do the serious/epic side but no complaints from me.

Richard Ayoade is half Norwegien half Nigerian and the most British person to exist personality-wise. He is too well known and isn't strictly an actor, he's one of those people who has one good character and is the same in everything. If he had to act serious it would ruin his gimmick.
Yeah, i know thats a slur, i was being ironic in context of my point that a non white englishman Doctor wouldnt go down well. Hell, when Tenant got picked, i think there was some controversy over him being from Scotland. The show needs a soft reboot and the only way that can happen is with a white guy from england. At least for a few years to coax fans back. That "festive" special had lower ratings than the evening news.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, i know thats a slur, i was being ironic in context of my point that a non white englishman Doctor wouldnt go down well. Hell, when Tenant got picked, i think there was some controversy over him being from Scotland.
Fuck off. No.

Cybsled

Like the article points out, Smith and Capaldi left after 3 seasons, so not really that out of the ordinary based on recent history

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Latest doctor started off OK, but the brooding and paranoia after her run in with paki master has been shitty. Still slogging my way through s12. Captain Jack cameo was great. Wish they had a decent show runner. Has gone downhill since Moffat left.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but Barrowman still carries a lot of sway in the Doctor fandom.

Fuck yeah he does. Captain Jack is my favorite Who character. I got excited when he mentioned he was going to check in on gwen even though I despised her. Captain Jack isn't what held Torchwood back. It was all the godawful characters around him. I think there was one other decent character and I can't even remember who it was. It was just the person other than Jack that I didn't hate.

Please give me ayoade as the Doctor.

I think Jodie makes a fine Doctor, the bullshit woke scripts weren't her fault. When she was first selected the reports were that she leaned more shitlord than sjw.
Paki master was pretty good too, he just had the misfortune of following Missy.

• 1Pathetic

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I would love Ayoade as the Doctor. Not only because of his obvious comedic talents but because he has the ability to turn darkly serious when he wants to and that makes it all the more chilling.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like him in pretty much everything he's been in but I think after the last bunch of iffy Doctors there needs to be one with some gravitas.

Saying that, they've so damaged the lore behind this now I struggle to see myself ever watching it again.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ayoade Doctor does sound amazing... but yeah. its the script/writing thats the problem and made me give up on Doctor Who, not the actors. And its had serious problems since at least matt smith.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ayoade Doctor does sound amazing... but yeah. its the script/writing thats the problem and made me give up on Doctor Who, not the actors. And its had serious problems since at least matt smith.
Yeah this.

First half of Matt Smith had issues with the overarching storylines being nonsense but the force of the actors carried it. It started to suck in the second half because Clara was written too obnoxious and the stories and continuity got worse.

Peter Capaldi is a great actor but the stories got really shitty, even a great actress like Missy/Michelle Gomez couldn't save her own stories being dogshit.

Bill was the start of the SJW takeover at the BBC and was horrific. They even had a double master story with a companion death and regeneration which on paper is awesome, but it devolved into nonsense as usual.

The showrunner Moffat just had a limited number of ideas which he used up as writer in the Eccleston/Tennant era, he is bit of a fraud as showrunner too.

So now after we have a full SJW cast and writers and there's no saving it without a break and a reboot. This is the late 80s all over again. The next Doctor may be an improvement (as Sylvester McCoy was over Colin Baker) but the ratings will fall and cancellation approach.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users