Doctor Who

Jait

Molten Core Raider
50th episode chat
The "Peter Davidson has been lying all along and is appearing in the episode" rumours got a quite a boost today when he (possibly inadvertently) said in a daytime tv interview that he has a copy of the script with his name on the front and he's not going to confirm any spoilers at all. Him having a script of the episode with his name on has only one probable reason though...
This is from 3 days ago
frown.png

rrr_img_43402.jpg

I hope you're right though. I really do. It could be a ruse as some folks suggested.

related:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3899818.html

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Hahaha! I hadn't seen that, hilarious.

Tbh I suspect you won't be able to believe jack shit between now and the broadcast as I wouldn't be surprised if Moffat is behind a bunch of the disinformation so even if the real info breaks no-one believes it due to the tidal wave of twaddle beforehand
smile.png

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Looks like a comedy bit for the 50th festivities. Davison looks dressed down and McCoy does too.

Also, Fan made poster that make Tennant look correct:

rrr_img_43451.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bbca did their ninth doctor doc tonight. Eccelston didnt even interview for it. At least they glossed over the facepalm episodes. No fart monster and no mention of the patch of human flesh villain.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well at least a couple episodes were indeed found. The BBC has called a news conference for this coming Tuesday where apparently the list of episodes recovered will be announced and a couple will be screened for media in attendance.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Enemy of the World and Web of Fear are the two stories that will be available on iTunes immediately. There may be others though... official word is apparently under embargo until midnight.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Can't wait. Just a few more hours. Hoping Celestial Toymaker is there as well.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Watched some of Web of Fear... pretty damn great. Some excellent Troughton work and naturally it ties in directly to the Xmas special from last year. Somewhat mind boggling that these have been recovered after being lost for 45 years.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking about that today. There's at least one guy out there in his 50s who waited 45 years to rewatch this ep he/she remembers from their childhood. Pretty amazing.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
More 50th stuff copy/pasta'd from elsewhere
OK! Magazine may have printed a huge 50th anniversary spoiler (or a shocking mistake) in their latest issue.

Spreading the net currently is a purported magazine scan from said publication that appears to confirm another popular companion is returning in addition to the already confirmed Billie Piper.

The text, which precedes an interview with David Tennant and Catherine Tate, says:

The countdown is on for Doctor Who fans as the iconic show prepares to celebrate its 50th birthday with a bang. A 75-minute anniversary episode has secretly been filmed to mark the occasion, which will see favourites including David Tennant, Catherine Tate and Billie Piper returning to our screens alongside the most recent Doctor, Matt Smith.

============

Would be more than fine by me, the interaction with Smith alone would be worth it!

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Watched some of Web of Fear... pretty damn great. Some excellent Troughton work and naturally it ties in directly to the Xmas special from last year. Somewhat mind boggling that these have been recovered after being lost for 45 years.
Yeah, it does sort of make me wonder how long the BBC has been working on these tapes. Since they started planning last year's Xmas special?
smile.png

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it does sort of make me wonder how long the BBC has been working on these tapes. Since they started planning last year's Xmas special?
smile.png
I think they have been trying to recover them since the originals were destroyed. There has been 1 or 2 dvds released that have some incomplete episodes. They kept finding bits all over the world

But, yea, they've kicked into high gear the last few years to try and get as much as they can in time for the 50th

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Images from the special are starting to pop up with increasing frequency, this months SFX magazine has a huge spread. Here's a good one of all three Doctors.
8TDuKUi.jpg

Bane_sl

shitlord
Bbca did their ninth doctor doc tonight. Eccelston didnt even interview for it. At least they glossed over the facepalm episodes. No fart monster and no mention of the patch of human flesh villain.
By "human flesh villain" do you mean Cassandra? I loved her she was wicked funny. Eccelston seems to be disgruntled on either DW in general, Moffat, or the production. He seems like he doesn't want to ever talk about it.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
By "human flesh villain" do you mean Cassandra? I loved her she was wicked funny. Eccelston seems to be disgruntled on either DW in general, Moffat, or the production. He seems like he doesn't want to ever talk about it.
It was the backroom team he hated, he felt they were a bunch of wankers and he said he'd never work with them again. He was also pissed that although he said all along he'd only do a year to help the franchise get off the ground again the BBC (presumably at the behest of said team) made out he was cutting and running.

Most of said team have since left but if you believe the rumours the production background is still alleged to be a toxic environment at times. When the rumours popped up months ago that Smith was going to leave at Christmas they were based off a deep throat leaker saying that Smith had fallen out bigtime with Moffat.

It's doubtful the full story will come out on any of this until said actors or backroom staff decide their tv career is over, the BBC being pretty much the biggest UK TV industry employer and all.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I always thought that was a small reason for the Ecclstone jump, but I also thought it was because he didn't want to be typecast and he thought he would hit it big as Destro in the GI Joe franchise. We know how that turned out. He now is doing bit parts in tv dramas and theatre.

McCoy and McGann got the shaft and both of them still do DW stuff. Hell, McCoy was in the saddle for the almost destruction of the series and he has come out and blasted that eras production team a few times but he still has love for the role. Even Colin Baker had his issues with the people above him. Ecclestone is just a fame whore.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Wait, what? Fame whore? Wouldn't him doing his bit for the Who stuff be appropriate for that? Actively avoiding publicity for something makes him a fame whore?! : psyduck :

The chaps doing what he wants to do, he made his money from a couple of US films like Gone In 60 Seconds etc and mostly works on stuff he likes. He does theatre, tv stuff (several BBC roles since Dr Who btw, 3 in the last 3 years for which he won an emmy for one of them!) and whatever else takes his fancy.

Hate on him for "not respecting the franchise" or whatever but he said all along "One year and done" and started looking for work when the contract ran out. If the BBC misrepresented that and tried to guilt trip him through the media to stay longer then he is more than entitled to be pissed.

If you want to see one of his bit parts I believe he plays the bad guy in the next Thor film that's out in the cinemas in a couple of weeks!
tongue.png

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Maybe I used the incorrect term, it happens often.

Yea, maybe he only wanted one year, but he went about it the wrong way. He gambled on Seeker and GI Joe and lost. Look at Tennant; He worked his way up to a good actor, did Who, went out on a high note, and continues to do great tv and film (Single Father, Broadchurch, We are United, etc). Ecclestone was great in a lot of his work before DW, then he did GI Joe and the only things I can even remember him doing after was an episode of something called Accused, a few episodes of Heroes, and being John Lennon in a tv movie. He may be doing projects that he loves and thats fine. When it comes to Who when he was all gung ho and singing RTDs praises at the beginning and then takes his ball and goes after one year over workplace differences, he has to be called something. He said he was proud of the role and enjoyed it, but he isnt acting like it.

Like I said, same shit happened to Baker and McCoy during their years and they are not acting that way. They are playing ball

(edit: Tennant is a more popular doctor hence the roles he gets, but the fact still remains)