Doctor Who

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I've seen people mention some pre-show clip for Day of the Doctor, that explained it was a dalek surprise attack. Anyone have a link to it? I missed this and can't seem to find it. Would help if I knew what it was called, would probably be easier to search for if I did heh.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I've seen people mention some pre-show clip for Day of the Doctor, that explained it was a dalek surprise attack. Anyone have a link to it? I missed this and can't seem to find it. Would help if I knew what it was called, would probably be easier to search for if I did heh.
The Last Day hasn't been posted yet.

50th Mini epsode The Last Day - Video Dailymotion

Not sure if it's linked right. Finally....The Fall of Arcadia explained.
the dr who youtubeThe Last Day: A mini-episode - The Day of the Doctor prequel - Doctor Who - BBC - YouTubeif it goes down.

The Night of the Doctor: A Mini Episode - Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor Prequel - BBC - YouTubethe other mini if you missed that as well

Saban_sl

shitlord
One of my favorite parts of the episode was Bad wolf telling the war doctor what the cost of using the moment would be for him.

Chilling.

iannis

Musty Nester
That complete dr. who torrent is gargantuan.

And I bet it'll be an entire episode about Tegan! TEGAN!

I don't remember exactly, but I think Tom Baker just went to London one time, tricked her into leaving the Tardis, and then ditched her. At least that's how I remember Tegan. lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Tegan leaves once they get back to the UK in Time Flight, but then gets sucked right back in the next story and stays with the Doctor until she gets disgusted at all the death in Resurrection of the Daleks and leaves for good (Turlough leaves the next story where Peri joins only to have the Doctor regenerate the story after that). She was actually one of the longer lasting companions having started in the last 4th Doctor story and staying for very nearly all of the 5th Doctor.

I think it was a sign of how unsure the BBC were at the Tom Baker to Peter Davison transition that they piled on with 3 companions right before the transition. The 5th Doctor was inundated with companions having at least 2 for every story except his very last.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I have a sister in law who complains about Martha Jones and Mickey Smith. All I need to do is sit her down in front of a few Tegan eps, or even Mel or Kamelion.

Mel has to be the worst though. Fuck.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Mel made me want to stab myself in the eyes. Fuck it, lets share the love:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Haha and if you watch those Doctor Specials they kept going on and on about how Mel was one of the greatest companions because she was already famous at the time before joining Doctor Who. God damn she is awful.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What line are you referring to? I thought we just got a shot of his eyeballs.
Yeah, I didn't notice capaldi either. Are yall just talking about him saying "all 13" (If that was him)?

I cant get the hint of Clara being Susan out of my head. The way "9" looks at her in the Black Archive and in the Wasteland Hut, it is like he senses something in her other than "The Impossible Girl". Pair that along with the Susan dossier scene, it adds up some.

It might just be Moffat jerking us around though.
Who is susan? Why are you guys so excited about her?

Same reason Kinder Surprise is. They are dangerous and shit.

EDIT: Actually you can get them in the US, but it looks like by order only

Christmas Crackers

Kinder eggs reason

The 1938 Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act contains a section highlighting that a confectionery product with a non-nutritive object, partially or totally imbedded within it, cannot be sold within the United States, unless the FDA issues a regulation that the non-nutritive object has functional value.[8] Essentially, the 1938 Act bans "the sale of any candy that has imbedded in it a toy or trinket."[9]

EDIT EDIT: so i dont make another post, Christmas newsDoctor Who Christmas Special casting news
Is this why they can't put the baby into a king cake anymore? I didn't really care that bakeries had apparently decided to stop doing that, but now I'm pissed that its the gubmint who made them stop.

Are Christmas crackers those things you pull apart with a friend and might get a toy of some sort? We have some of those, don't know where they came from or what they're called, but I think my wife got them because she remembered them from her time in england.

iannis

Musty Nester
Susan and the Doctor were the two that started the series. Susan led two companions (her teachers) to the Doctor and the Doctor promptly kidnapped them to protect his timey wimey sekrits. They've made a lot of different claims about who Susan was supposed to be, so it would actually be sort of neat for Moffat to take a swipe at it for the hardcore fans. With Clara being what she is it would be a nearly perfect opportunity to use her story and revisit the first story. There isn't any other good way to do it if it's going to be done at all.

When it started the idea for Dr. Who was to be an educational program for kids. That's why he's a time lord. They can do one story in the past to teach history, and then they can do one story in the future to explore current social issues. Kids programing like that was actually a huge thing at the time, and Dr. Who is a really interesting take on the idea. Well, that was the idea at first at least then it sort mutated into entirely its own thing.

Modern Doctor Who surfs that wave of dream logic. It's partly fairy tale, partly a superhero story. Truth be told it's stayed pretty damn true to its roots even if it doesn't seem so at times. They've got to be careful about throwing too much shit into the story just out of the blue, which is really the only other way that Susan will ever be revisited.

iannis

Musty Nester
My guess is that was a possible spinoff that didn't get spunoff.

I bet some scripts were written though.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tennant put a satisfying end to that spinoff, by knocking her up 2 or 3 times - lucky bastard!
biggrin.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, the 5th Doctor's daughter shares nearly the same last name as the current lead writer of Doctor Who and also played the 10th Doctor's daughter who in reality is his wife. The three grandchildren of the 5th Doctor are also the 10th doctors children one of which is named Wilfred Moffett not to be confused with Wilfred Mott the companion of the 10th Doctor.

Shit never gets old.

Pikifou

Molten Core Raider
I forgot what i read in this topic before but what happenned to "the moment" since it wasn't used ?
It's stocked in the tardis and is what made Rose the bad wolf ?

geffe71_sl

shitlord
we still have yet to resolve the doctor's daughter from 4 or so seasons ago.
Moffat screwed the pooch on that one, he fought with RTD to keep her alive and then did nothing with the character

My guess is that was a possible spinoff that didn't get spunoff. I bet some scripts were written though.
might have been the case, but the Rose Tyler: Defender of Earth spinoff was closer to happening

Tennant put a satisfying end to that spinoff, by knocking her up 2 or 3 times - lucky bastard!
biggrin.png
Twice. Olive and Wilfred Tennant
Yeah, the 5th Doctor's daughter shares nearly the same last name as the current lead writer of Doctor Who and also played the 10th Doctor's daughter who in reality is his wife. The three grandchildren of the 5th Doctor are also the 10th doctors children one of which is named Wilfred Moffett not to be confused with Wilfred Mott the companion of the 10th Doctor.
First one isnt really his. Ty Tennant was adopted by Tennant, the kid's father was Georgia's long time boyfriend. All three have the Tennant last name.