DOOM

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm waiting for the Ut's one.
Here you go buddy.

"Carnage, Demons, Shooting. Level Design with a Z-Axis never seen before since Quake I in 1994, and responsive shooting mechanics. Things that one would expect as standard since the dawn of the 90's have come back with a vengeance to show it can still be done 22 years later by spending $65 million more dollars along with 65 meetings, 8 years, and 2 stop starts."

"DOOM takes us back to a station, again, to fight demons, again. You may shoot at hell, but all of hell will never be shot. Gun sounds that fill your speakers at the same time you see the graphic of your gun firing, the intense time and labor it must have taken to synchronize those effects can only be eclipsed by the time it takes Noodlemod to get it up for his wife."

"The story is as gripping as the other 3 games. Demons, come from hell. It's an amazing and creative concept that never dies. And neither do the demons you just shot at for the last 22 years. The characters are as deep as Mist's boyfriend's ass after a weekend getaway to the Tahoe Rehabilitation center. The twists, corridor after corridor, never knowing if it will be another corridor, or something else, at the end of that corridor. Will it be a dead-end? Will there be a monster? Will there be a power up? Is this edge of your seat excitement that kept me coming back for more."

"Our newest generation of gamers love to discuss what games of yesterday were like. Now? Open up your wallets and you can relive the glory filled mechanics of shooting things and running through doors and talk about how this game was free when it first came out, but this time in 1080p60 you have to pay $60. Unless you own an Xbox One in which case you will be dynamically scaled to 768p24. But sorry, you will still be paying $60."

"Remember, War? War never changes. War with hell never changes. And neither do game mechanics when you are $65 million and 8 years over-budget and better ship something or your career will also end up in hell."

UTSCORE: .098/10.

Score breakdown:

.09 - It compiled
.008 - After 8 years at least SOMETHING shipped.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Watched some streams today by far the best thing about this game for me watching it is the soundtrack

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Wow look at all those positive reviews. A lot of them even sight a lack of an in depth story as a positive! It's almost like people buy a doom game to play doom instead of uncharted.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been having a blast playing it today. I'm old, don't own a console and never played Uncharted though, so don't listen to me.

spronk

FPS noob
It is weird to trash this game and heap praise on Overwatch - the latter has no SP campaign, only 2 real multiplayer game modes, a loadout system that means there is zero actual progression in characters just costumes, and both cost about the same. Doom also has a map editor / mod tool whereas Overwatch has nothing. I like both, but I'd prefer to play Overwatch for now and will pickup doom later on down the road when people have done stuff with mods, mostly cuz I know I would get frustrated as hell playing SP and wiping over and over cuz I'm old as Moses. I get some of the Battlefront type criticisms where it feels like maybe ID didn't really do enough with multiplayer but the SP seems decent. Not as good as Wolfenstein or other games but good for this year.

its still fun watching Lirik play, had it on for like 6 hours now and damn the SP is pretty long, probably would take me 20-25 hours I think and even more if someone wanted to 100% all the secrets and stuff. Enjoyed what I've seen of the story, and the violence and gore is really a huge step above any other game except Mortal Kombat. Some of these glory finishing moves are insane.

I do think its a shame not buying it on PC, both for KBM and for FPS. I wonder how it would run on Rift/Vive, I think I'd freak the fuck out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
User review scores are now approaching low 7's. Only a matter of time. Noodle, want to take the bet?

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Anyone who thinks Doom 3 is the best in the series can be safely ignored and isn't a Doom fan in the first place. And yes, heaping praise on Blizzards TF2 ripoff, which adds nothing new to the genre, while simultaneously bitching about Doom doing the same is laughable.

It's his typical "I don't like this thing so it sucks" broken record bullshit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Anyone who thinks Doom 3 is the best in the series can be safely ignored and isn't a Doom fan in the first place. And yes, heaping praise on Blizzards TF2 ripoff, which adds nothing new to the genre, while simultaneously bitching about Doom doing the same is laughable.

It's his typical "I don't like this thing so it sucks" broken record bullshit.
Hey my precious little faggot is back. Back from icing your sorry ass from the battlefront thread? Or did you finally get out of the sanitarium.

Overwatch is a fantastic game. Bet it sells more than your pile of shit Star Wars garbage. Take EA's dick out of your ass yet? What was sell through on that? Oh that's right. They never announced it during their last two earning reports. Bend over, here it comes again my little bitch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All platforms is scary becvause the xboner is a piece of shit. I'd prefer PC just because that's it's roots but tell me what you think.

FYI there is a new Nvidia driver out for this

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
All platforms is scary becvause the xboner is a piece of shit. I'd prefer PC just because that's it's roots but tell me what you think.

FYI there is a new Nvidia driver out for this
Sure lets do PC. 5-27. Down to 7.5 from 8.3 a few hours ago.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol UT turned off his recent activities when I busted him I mean his "son" playing ESO.

You playing Doom yet bro? Btw the order was a waste of money. Look forward to Uncharted and Doom. Finishing Dark Souls first.