DOOM

xzi

Mouthbreather
I played the first day and a half and everything was fine but then my save file got corrupted and now after reinstalling, validating cache, reinstalling on a different ssd, now I crash 100% of the time on the first level and the only "fix" bethesda has offered is to try reinstalling windows and it's quickly making me join Ut in hating the fuck out of this game.

I loved it so much, it was exactly what I wanted, but now it just doesn't work at all. It's literally unplayable because it crashes my computer. I'm sad I spent 13 hours in game or I'd refund it immediately. The rare times the game doesn't crash my computer (at the same spot always), it corrupts my save.

Lmao.
Not sure exactly what to do other than sit here and wait for a patch. I'm glad Overwatch is out next week.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Nah, nothing works at all. I'm having a very specific crash at the end of the first level now, when I hit "Continue" to go to the next level it restarts my computer, lol. Games fun as fuck but unplayable rn. I don't know what I expected out of anything remotely related to Bethesda though

xzi

Mouthbreather
Cause they're dumb assholes?

edit: I deleted my save files for the third time and it's working and not crashing this time around for some reason.... k

Column_sl

shitlord
Only negative I could see on the new Doom is the map creator is very poor, and I believe it only allows 4 players, which makes no sense.

Otherwise that is one of the better single players I have played in awhile. You would think it would get repetitive, but it doesn't.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm still not sure what they were thinking with the whole.. not releasing modding tools thing. Snapmap isn't bad but it isn't enough. The entire reason this game has had a community for the last 20 something years is because of modding not because there was a thing you could play legos with.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the life of me I can't figure out why devs keep everything closed source nowadays. Fallout/Skyrim are trash games (to me at least). Garbage. But because they're so moddable, they live on for years and keep the games relevant. You would think it would be something more publishers would allow.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You'd think. Snapmap may keep a small niche community for a few months but unless it gets a massive overhaul (that isn't paid DLC), it's not going to last. It's fun to use though to be honest, so I do hope they make it better, or give us actual mod tools, but PLS

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only negative I could see on the new Doom is the map creator is very poor, and I believe it only allows 4 players, which makes no sense.

Otherwise that is one of the better single players I have played in awhile. You would think it would get repetitive, but it doesn't.
There's a bunch of negatives in the game - and ign is right it is repetitive - but I think the positives outweigh the negs. I sound like a shill for the game but I'm enjoykng it. I'm sad you can't speed run it like the old ones.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I heard something on my timeline that people are trying to purposely down rank the Doom meta score?

Why
This isn't happening because I have a vested interest in my bet and I continue to see visions of games going into Noodle's Steam library because the score maintains or is going up. So this is outright bullshit. If anything, it is the exact opposite. When you go to metacritic check out the "See users other reviews" and be prepared to see Doom is their only review, or worse, giving 10's and using the same review commenting for all three platforms. I believe Steam reviews are locked by account and also by having purchased the game correct? Those are also "Very Positive".

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This isn't happening because I have a vested interest in my bet and I continue to see visions of games going into Noodle's Steam library because the score maintains or is going up. So this is outright bullshit. If anything, it is the exact opposite. When you go to metacritic check out the "See users other reviews" and be prepared to see Doom is their only review, or worse, giving 10's and using the same review commenting for all three platforms. I believe Steam reviews are locked by account and also by having purchased the game correct? Those are also "Very Positive".
Anyone who also gives the game a fucking zero is equally full of crap.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Heard the same thing. Utnayan is mad PC users don't give a fuck about uncharted lmao.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who also gives the game a fucking zero is equally full of crap.
The majority of 10's within minutes of being able to be posted on Metacritic, or any other avenue what so ever that allows reviews without verified purchases, is the same. (Amazon for one)

The problem is there is no valued place to find genuine opinions any longer and it appears Steam is the closest we will see since you can see how many hours they have played the game, they have activated it on Steam, and have verified/single accounts. Third party marketing firms spam the hell out of these sites for publishers. And that's not tinfoil hat, it's just what happens as publishers start to lose control over some of the media outlets after the Gertsmann controversy. Because that incident shined a light on how most of these publications really work, and the influence the publishers have with ad dollars.