DOOM

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What!? I'm actually excited for SOMEONE to bring it back. I miss low gravity rail gun sessions.
Instagib railgun matches on dm17 with the launcher platforms was awesome. Just people zipping back and forth or popping up in the air. Only thing better may have been rocket only and nailing someone crossing your path mid flight.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still looks slow as hell, hopefully some modder's can make the multiplayer play at proper FPS speed instead of console speed. A company like ID should at least make an attempt or give the PC community the ability to bring back movement into their FPS IP's instead of clocking everything at call of duty/halo speed. Their was nothing better then hitting a rocket jump while strafe jumping to blaze past the entire enemy team while carrying their flag or getting Quad damage with the railgun and hitting shot after shot as people tried to mob you while controlling space with proper bunny hopping and strafe jumping. Bring back the speed to Arena FPS

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Still looks slow as hell, hopefully some modder's can make the multiplayer play at proper FPS speed instead of console speed. A company like ID should at least make an attempt or give the PC community the ability to bring back movement into their FPS IP's instead of clocking everything at call of duty/halo speed. Their was nothing better then hitting a rocket jump while strafe jumping to blaze past the entire enemy team while carrying their flag or getting Quad damage with the railgun and hitting shot after shot as people tried to mob you while controlling space with proper bunny hopping and strafe jumping. Bring back the speed to Arena FPS

I always found Quake 1/Quakeworld to be superior if you wanted speed (skip to 30 seconds. couldn't find a video without stupidly edited intros) the absolutely rediculous juggling and other physics the game had were just too damned fun.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Still looks slow as hell, hopefully some modder's can make the multiplayer play at proper FPS speed instead of console speed.
Meh. I prefer something that seems at least slightly realistic. What you call "proper" speed is humans running around like cheetahs.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe try a UT style railgun that takes 3 hits to kill but fires faster.

Because the Quake railgun obsoleted almost every weapon at any range. Also fucks up map design.

Not that it wasn't fun at first, heh.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I got all nostalgic and fired up some UT2k14 and absolutely got my shit kicked in. Getting old sucks, I wish I had the software and websites to showcase my skills back then.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I got all nostalgic and fired up some UT2k14 and absolutely got my shit kicked in. Getting old sucks, I wish I had the software and websites to showcase my skills back then.
Still remember the maps? Knowing where you can be shot from is always key, and that just takes playing it again regularly. Like you I was king of UT2014, usually played the 8 times jump mod that lets you change directions with each jump. Most fights were 100 meters apart mid air semi auto sniper rifles headshots kill or three body hits. Was good times.

Hekotat

I really don't, it's been so long since I played them. I was also referring to UT2k3 or 4 that I was king at. I forget which I fired up, fuck I miss low grav 8 jump instagib.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I really don't, it's been so long since I played them. I was also referring to UT2k3 or 4 that I was king at. I forget which I fired up, fuck I miss low grav 8 jump instagib.
Wups yeah I meant 2004 as well, shit that was a long time ago but my brain initially says nope that was only a couple years back. Manta splats and scorpion spam(pre nerf) was hilarious, just stacking up a mass of them around a check point from half a map away.

Hekotat

Yeah, no shit. It feels like yesterday not 11 fucking years ago.

Man I miss that game.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Well hopefully the new UT coming out will do the old ones justice. UT2k4 was the only shooter I was truly competitive at. Instagib CTF and deathmatch I was consistently in the top 3. Now I'm so overwhelmed by all the crap thrown in modern shooters I don't even bother anymore.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Sheeeit i remember Matrix Moves for the OG UT i think......shit was mas fun. Pausing mid jump to head shot with the sniper rifle, and then continuing the jump afterwards. I was never "king" but i could usually place top 5 on a lot of the maps. I recall some oversized gigantic bedroom map that was awesome. Also Backyard i think it was. Anyone ever play that mode?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
some co workers got some beta codes for this, hopefully i'll be able to snag one.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah if anyone hits up a gamestop and finds an extra code, hook a brother up!
smile.png

spronk

FPS noob
played a few games solo, not really what I expected. the players don't move as fast as I remember OG doom, but the multiplayer maps are beyond amazing. Rich, complex, lots of layers, and really cool animations and kills. Feels sorta like shotguns are a bit OP, every other weapon sucked for me but with shottys I was running behind people and combo killing them with a shotty/melee, but that could just be a low level issue. fast xp, in just 2 games went from level 1 to 5.

day one buy for me, i'm sorta tempted to get it on PC but i think i'll play at launch on ps4 and see what happens. Gotten so used to controller I don't know if I can really go back to KBM fps.