DOOM

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm about 4 hours in and it is fuckin intense

My major problem now is always running out of ammo on the good guns

Edit: and playing it on Ultra on PC this game is absolutely incredible graphics wise

xzi

Mouthbreather
My power went out earlier while I was reloading a savepoint and when I came back my save was corrupted. ;~;... Re-enabling the steam cloud and deleting previous saves didn't help, neither did verifying the cache. I'm sad cause I felt I was so far but RIP. Can't load the file at ALL.

I'm gonna start another campaign run tomorrow but goddamn that's upsetting.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Why in God's taint did they not make the multiplayer like the single player? Who needs to be fired and never given a job in the industry ever again? Fuck.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Multiplayer was made by a different studio (Certain Affinity) who is responsible for most or all of the recent Halo multiplayer, so there's your answer on that unfortunately.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
I totally missed that this was out. Downloaded it tonight, played some. Pretty nice.
smile.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Word of mouth broke me on this one.

Picked it up. Downloading as we speak.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Word of mouth broke me on this one.

Picked it up. Downloading as we speak.
This was me as well. Though I don't think I would have at full price, the cdkeys reduced price made it a much easier decision.

On a different note, I'm having a hard time finding secrets on levels, and I usually scour these maps. I'm so used to the Quake 1/Doom1/2 style of secrets in id games that im not sure if im doing it right by pressing the interraction on walls or shooting them or if it's just hard to see areas that you have to platform to or navigate to (or all of the above?)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Metacritic user score is about to break 8. Fucking shill reviews amirite Ut?
Honestly nothing would surprise me anymore. With the amount of shit poured into this industry, people get shooting mechanics they always should have had and grasp onto it like the second coming of Christ. Look at destiny. This game has jack shit aside from the name. Period. Let's all go play pacman folks. I hear that yellow fucker responds to controls in less than .00000001 nanoseconds.

Noodle start thinking about your game you want. I overestimated society.

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe where they have actual effort and common sense during production, Doom is a 1/10 and the developers and producer are all fired for incompetence. A universe where we see games like witcher 3, TLOU, and uncharted 4, everyday. And instead of those being the outliers, the bad games are the outliers.

People always wonder why we can't have more of that. This is why you dumb fucks.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I watched that entire video and it gave me ass cancer.

I have zero clue how somebody who is that shitgarbage at videogames is allowed to review a game and be paid for it.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Honestly nothing would surprise me anymore. With the amount of shit poured into this industry, people get shooting mechanics they always should have had and grasp onto it like the second coming of Christ. Look at destiny. This game has jack shit aside from the name. Period. Let's all go play pacman folks. I hear that yellow fucker responds to controls in less than .00000001 nanoseconds.

Noodle start thinking about your game you want. I overestimated society.

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe where they have actual effort and common sense during production, Doom is a 1/10 and the developers and producer are all fired for incompetence. A universe where we see games like witcher 3, TLOU, and uncharted 4, everyday. And instead of those being the outliers, the bad games are the outliers.

People always wonder why we can't have more of that. This is why you dumb fucks.
Doom currently has a higher rating than uncharted 4.

Ut status: anally devastated.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just played the intro area and part of the first area.

Shit feels exactly like Doom and Quake. Really fast.

Added:

I'm betting this polygon tester never even played Quake or Doom or Unreal Tournament, or basically any old school shooter that required you to actually move instead of hiding behind cover and taking out ten guys in a single clip with headshots. Holy fuck are they dumb. Within ten seconds of the game starting I realized you have to move around and take precision shots to progress.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also buckled down on this. Utnayan, I don't get your overreacting bro. This game delivers on a certain itch.

No chest high cover-shooter. Just ultra high speed Demon murdering awesomeness to metal music. If that isn't a breath of fresh air in a world of Black Ops 6 and shit I don't know what to tell you. And plot? That's a gripe? Doom 3 was still just an iteration of HELL INVADING MARS WITH MINOR FLUFF.

Whatever lol. This game is fun.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It certainly seems that iD under Bethesda was able to do the one thing iD under Carmack wasn't able to do for the past 20-ish years, which is deliver a top quality game with similar gameplay to their previous, much beloved titles.

I love Carmack as a game designer and programmer, think he's a genius, but all iD had to do this whole time was remake Doom 1/2 and Quake and they would never have been bought out by Bethsoft.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The top comment in that reddit post sums it up perfectly: They really need to change the title to "polygon takes 30 minutes to play the first 5 minutes"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is polygon using keyboard look? I mean that's what it looks like they were doing. There's no way someone is that bad with a mouse.

Never mind I watched full screen and see they are on ps4