DOTA 2

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, huge changes coming down the pipe. It's going to be great to see new heroes in the Pro scene.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also the new SK active has a really League of Legends feel to it.

As a side note, I haven't played dota in 2 weeks and for some reason I had a dream about dota last night that there was a massive change and all the league of legends heroes were added to the pool. I was playing Gyro, I killed 4 players but couldn't kill the enemy Kassadin. Fucking broken ass riot plz fix.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think silencer will become viable as mid, Curse is already a bitch to work around, throw in last word and orchid and your hero is a mute gimp. Necro change is interesting, maybe some SEA team will come up with pushing strat around him ?

Kassadin is nothing compared to Antimage

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This is the first big patch that I've been around for since I started playing DotA2. Can we expect all of those items from the patch notes to be in DotA2 as well?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
It's not the money that's an issue especially when you consider a rank3 ult, getting 4k by then isn't too hard. The issue is the mana cost. It costs 625mana per ulti, so you need like a hex and arcane boots and maybe something else to even use 2 ults back to back(with your other spells too since obviously you don't want to just ult).

The buff is so so. It was 40secs before, it's 20secs now, that's rarely going to be a important. Rare cases when you buyback or have an aegis or maybe with a kotl you'll be able to slip a 2nd ult in. Most of the time you'll die before it refreshes anyway or you won't be able to cast it.
The buff imo is really to the early game. Level 1 ulti is now going to be even better and usable in nearly every team fight.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I thought this was really important. I'd bet we're going to see very nuke heavy games. Silencer, sk, es, aa, centaur, shredder, necro maybe even a zeus or two
Maybe more antimage and casual hoods ? This suddenly makes Int carries way stronger, yeah

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Just had to share.
rrr_img_27483.jpg

Patch is wild for sure.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think some of the more interesting changes are the bans/picks(only 2picks before 2nd round of bans, meaning there will be less magnus/kotl/bat/nyx etc), +1minute on buyback which is a pretty large nerf again, necrolyte antibuyback ultimate which can really fuck with some of the endgame setups like spectre or furion, centaur making it to -cm(as well as xin and LC but don't know how these will do, supposedly they're pretty decent, centaur however is pretty strong) and obviously the bottle crow change which will either force teams to buy a specific courier for the bottle or to simply revert to controlling runes and not spamming spells non stop. Also to an extent an easier jungle with the nerf to wards, but at the same time the nerf to bottle crow kinda kills some uncommon jungle(lycan for example who kinda sucks nowadays without a bottle).

Anyway it's interesting to see the changes and unlike the morphling/lycan nerf patch, the nerfs on the current top tier have been fairly tame, they're noticeable but shouldn't suddenly ruin the heroes. Gyro can still double flak in a fight if you take the fight with a preloaded flak just before it runs out but that makes it less likely if you're not the one initiating, Naix loses a lot of his trilane power by not being able to open wound basically anyone in vision for a setup stun of his allies, as well as making him noticeably weaker in solo lane setups against ranged heroes(sylla, furion). Sylla doesn't directly get nerfed too much(armlet removal) but the new bounty on the bear makes it very hard to just do suicide bear slow sieges where you just throw a bear to chip at the tower then go back to farming for a minute and rinse repeat until the tower dies.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I actually like some of the smaller changes more, TC now reduces base armor by 100% at level 4, Liches ult got 3 more bounces (lollll). Granted neither of those is the magnitude of Necrolyte who looks like he will be a massive hard counter to heavy farming heroes who have excesses of gold and can easily buy back (Tinker, AM late, Furion). TI3 should be fun!

Nutron_sl

shitlord
by the look of it, ds vacuumed them all right after and i landed an alch .5 stun on all of them to follow up
wink.png
we teamwiped them ez.

edit: also i'm pretty sure that rethan just walked there to get it off, making it more impressive ;p

Delly

Trakanon Raider
by the look of it, ds vacuumed them all right after and i landed an alch .5 stun on all of them to follow up
wink.png
we teamwiped them ez.

edit: also i'm pretty sure that rethan just walked there to get it off, making it more impressive ;p
No idea but I see a blink animation. Seems more likely.