DOTA 2

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course, but you're reinforcing my point. Lots of teams can *know* what can work, and draft the right heroes for that strat, but they still are not able to execute that once in game to the level needed to win. I see Na'vi do this a lot but when I see xboct try to play a passive split pushing PL that he's been drafted, it's not in his arsenal of carries that fits with his aggressiveness, whereas imo a guy like Loda not only can play that but can also play hyper aggressively as well as sit back and farm on ultra hard carries late. Not that xboct is terrible or anything, but he's just not able to make the same kind of plays as when he is diving like a madman and being, well, xboct...if that makes sense. And that kind of goes for most of Alliance, as they just go ok, well we'll just smash your face in with this combo of heroes instead.

My point is there are very few carries I have seen who can work with the whole palette of heroes (and this is the important part) and not drop really drop off when playing different styles like I have seen with Loda. I think that's why Alliance is so successful as a whole. You can take a lot of teams out of their comfort zone via the draft or a certain strat and almost force them to play something they arent comfortable with, where Alliance seems to be able to maintain high execution in almost any kind of team makeup. They're certainly not perfect, but they seem very consistent with a ton of heroes. It will be interesting to see with the G1 and such, if the Chinese teams in that part of the bracket have anything up their sleeves for Alliance.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The biggest strength of Alliance is that they can play the full spectrum of strats and seemingly break the meta whenever they want to, which is a trait they share with Navi. Navi gets a lot of talk about being this hyper-aggressive team, but when it matters they have no problems just outfarming their opponents because they have to play defensive or get killed, they literally strip-mine the map. How to beat them ? It's like the chinese of last year, you can't just outdraft them, you also have to outplay them, you either need them to make a mistake or exploit some angle that they left vulnerable, which is becoming harder and harder. That's why teams like Fnatic and Dignitas did rather well against Navi in the past, they play their own brand of dota.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Are there any long standing members who are actually attending TI3? I would really like to have someone get me a thing or two from the on site store but I would rather not send some random person moneys.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I can grab some stuff for you Taloo if you're cool with it. Just pm me with what you want and I'll put it on my list.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man they said "Looks like we're ready to go , so lets start off the international three!". I was like whoa they are actually starting on time.... j/k Peter Jackson on stage.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
some friends and i filled out brackets with the winner getting to choose the names of the others in the next mmo we play. So far its not looking good.