DOTA 2

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Crazy to think NP ever dropped out of the meta. Xbox will forever be my favorite player, awful mistakes and all. Nobody tries to push it as far as they can like he does.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I think the RNG gods favored A anyways, that 3 stuns in a row by Roshan on Dendi is a really low chance. Like .3% or something like that.

Still fun. I'll definitely rewatch a few games over the week.

To be fair cancelling those TPs when they are grouped up isn't hard, hitting coil while people stand there and channel is not tough.
Did I say anything about the difficulty of the play? No. Is it hard to pop your BKB on your Greevil's Greed stacked Alchie and right click people to death? No. But it sure does win games when done at the right time and in the correct situation. That is what I was talking about. NP, Wisp + CK, the Rosh fight, and those interrupts all contributed heavily to the win.

Saying it was just NP is being disingenuous. Once again if the other pro's thought that one hero was the only reason or even main reason that Alliance was winning this tournament then he would have been on perma ban status against them. He wasn't so they must not have viewed him as this OP as fuck broken mountain of cheese that people are portraying him as.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did I say anything about the difficulty of the play? No. Is it hard to pop your BKB on your Greevil's Greed stacked Alchie and right click people to death? No. But it sure does win games when done at the right time and in the correct situation. That is what I was talking about. NP, Wisp + CK, the Rosh fight, and those interrupts all contributed heavily to the win.

Saying it was just NP is being disingenuous. Once again if the other pro's thought that one hero was the only reason or even main reason that Alliance was winning this tournament then he would have been on perma ban status against them. He wasn't so they must not have viewed him as this OP as fuck broken mountain of cheese that people are portraying him as.
You really don't understand much about dota so let me explain to you why NP isn't a first ban. Wisp/batrider.

That was tough wasn't it?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont get that though, if Navi didnt want to ban Wisp or Bat, they decided to rather deal with NP than Chen who at least kind of falls off late.

And Navi has shown in the past they dont deal well with teams who can split push very well either.

You really don't understand much about dota so let me explain to you why NP isn't a first ban. Wisp/batrider.

That was tough wasn't it?
All of those heroes were in the last game so.... none of them were first ban worthy? When you're trying to be condescending at least get it right. Yes Wisp and Batrider are powerful game changing heroes. But if Alliance is only winning as Delly and others have said because they are getting NP for their split push strat then it would seem to make sense that you would ban it out or pick it away from them. Because by implication they can't win while playing DoTA the "right" way.

I guess I'll have to settle for not understanding DoTA. Because it looked like to me that while they did win with the NP split push in a lot of their games they also played fast push strats, late game team fight strats, and other play styles to win games during this tournament.

edit: Its kind of funny too that Furion is getting all the love/hate because CK/Wisp was doing the same exact thing to the bottom T3/Barracks while Na'vi derped around getting one t3 and trying/failing to kill S4 and and Akke.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
All of those heroes were in the last game so.... none of them were first ban worthy? When you're trying to be condescending at least get it right. Yes Wisp and Batrider are powerful game changing heroes. But if Alliance is only winning as Delly and others have said because they are getting NP for their split push strat then it would seem to make sense that you would ban it out or pick it away from them. Because by implication they can't win while playing DoTA the "right" way.

I guess I'll have to settle for not understanding DoTA. Because it looked like to me that while they did win with the NP split push in a lot of their games they also played fast push strats, late game team fight strats, and other play styles to win games during this tournament.

edit: Its kind of funny too that Furion is getting all the love/hate because CK/Wisp was doing the same exact thing to the bottom T3/Barracks while Na'vi derped around getting one t3 and trying/failing to kill S4 and and Akke.
The question was "why dont TEAMS ban them." I gave you that answer. Why NAVI didn't ban him, obviously they felt priority over Chen and Naga Siren, the first team in the tournament to do so and gave them a very hard time. Furion is a broken hero and that's obvious, new players don't see it and it's coo.

nu_11

Just heard that Valve paid all of the taxes involved with TI3's payouts. (Not sure if true though.)

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
They've been in the game since Dota1 and if valve wanted to fix it they would have by now. Kind of unrelated to balance of a hero.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Furion's so good he has about a 40% winrate in the tournament if you don't count Alliance games. Whatever nerf him or not, probably won't matter unless he gets a remake to his toolset or something, he's not picked because he's absurdly strong but simply because he's the only hero that does what he does, which is teleporting over the map on a low cd, being able to offlane, being able to lategame carry, being able to push and being able to gank.

Also pudge fountain hooks don't exist in dota1. It's a dota2 thing, but when it was initially discovered and used, a Valve dev mentionned they found it funny so they'd leave it this way, which means Icefrog probably doesn't mind it. In dota1, you simply hook the person where you were standing.

Furion's so good he has about a 40% winrate in the tournament if you don't count Alliance games. Whatever nerf him or not, probably won't matter unless he gets a remake to his toolset or something, he's not picked because he's absurdly strong but simply because he's the only hero that does what he does, which is teleporting over the map on a low cd, being able to offlane, being able to lategame carry, being able to push and being able to gank.

Also pudge fountain hooks don't exist in dota1. It's a dota2 thing, but when it was initially discovered and used, a Valve dev mentionned they found it funny so they'd leave it this way, which means Icefrog probably doesn't mind it. In dota1, you simply hook the person where you were standing.
Same thing with their use of Naga Siren. She went 1-8 when used by other teams and Alliance went 5-0 with her. I think maybe Alliance is just good.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Don't want to open the other thread in case I read who won last nights final.

Does anyone have a link to the replays?