DOTA 2

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Might be a good idea to get some inhouse games going before doing a tournament :> If you can field inhouses easily and often have people sitting out, then by all means do a tournament!
yeah ive tried this a few times, people dont seem to have big windows to play, either they get on late, or they get on early but have time for 1 game.

Ill try to set some up again, probably best if i try in the other thread yeah? just gets spammed off so quick, and once that happens nobody sees it, so maybe here.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
HEre might be good, other one is basicaly a giant "im new what do" and "y no forfeit"
wink.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Alliance did it already

Axe + Silencer is the ultimate no fun combo, when I run intothat, I just go jungle or roam.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
My roommate (goes by Callous on here) and I think this would be fun. We also have a couple of friends we play with, so we hare are (bad lol) team ready!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
The biggest issue I see if getting everyone on at the same time for the games.

The way I'd want it to work:
Do a few CM inhouses with very high captains drafting players (so teams get somewhat even).
Then pick captains to draft players for tourney teams.

Tourney will suck unless it's CM.

(all of this is assuming play times can somehow be agreed upon)

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Half the people posting in this thread i've never seen in the RR channel EVER. Let alone playing a game. Who the fuck are you all?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The captain thing - is gonna be odd - I don't know how much picking teams is better than just having the auto balancer in private lobbies split us up - and if the auto balancer goes goofy we can mix it up some. I'll definitely play, it just will be extremely hard to get equal games, only because normal - has a wide breadth of skill players in it. From super new to 1000 games and knows the game enough to shit on the new guy.

I'm always on steam and will respond if I'm around my rig, I'm glad to draft for any teams that I get put on if no one else wants to.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
4 is enough I think

I think AP or random draft should be the mode. We don't need to complicate things further.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure it would have to be either of those 2 modes. Forcing new players to play roles or heroes they aren't familiar with is setting yourself up for failure. We played a CM game earlier this week where that exact thing happened.

edit - I really think it would be possible to get 20 people if we get people to sign up to it and commit to the event. My guess is sometime on a Sunday would be the best time.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
4 is enough I think

I think AP or random draft should be the mode. We don't need to complicate things further.
random draft could get messy, CM is good, or maybe AP but AP will be the same as CM without the bans, because im sure teams will talk about who they will pick.

i think what accordian said is a good idea, because of the fact of what cyni said alot of the people posting here ive never seen in channel or played games with, and were always trying to start something in the channel, what reth said also, the normal bracket has a wide gap of just started new, to seasoned player in normal que.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
random draft could get messy, CM is good, or maybe AP but AP will be the same as CM without the bans, because im sure teams will talk about who they will pick.

i think what accordian said is a good idea, because of the fact of what cyni said alot of the people posting here ive never seen in channel or played games with, and were always trying to start something in the channel, what reth said also, the normal bracket has a wide gap of just started new, to seasoned player in normal que.
Yea you may be right. We were playing with a captain who refused to pick heroes our new players knew how to play.
T, you playing in about an hour?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If you run captains mode, the draft has to reflect the players you have, not the pro scene meta. And there is nothing wrong with that, I'm first banning lich.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Would have team sizes of say 8, or even 10, make things easier to setup? That way you can pick the 5 available people from your team to play at any given time, rather than trying to find a specific time that suits both teams of 5? Obviously cuts down on the number of teams, and may cause issues when more then 5 are available, but could be an option.

Any vent type options that we can use for groups to chat in and strategize, or is the in game voice adequate?

ps, maybe add columns for preferred roles and heroes?

pps, since US is probably going to be the most common, maybe those of us from outside should nominate a preffered us timezone and server?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I think people just standing in would be more effective. That way we could still have a healthy number of teams while fixing the issue of someone not being on at a specific time.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ty reth, i think this league is a great idea we gotta get alot of people familiar with eachother so it can be a fun and entertaining tournament for everyone.

Hopefully everyone can throw up their info on the sheet for if they are willing and when they can do inhouses, and start getting these going to familiarize us with each person individual skill and hero selection better.

Maybe not a full 5 on reserve, but 2-3 is a good idea.

yeah ill be on daly bro.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
We need to get substantially more players in the forums involved before you can have 8 or 10 person teams. Not only that but dota is massively punishing for skill differential. If our vhigh players all made a team - unless there are a lot of vhigh players who are hidden in channel regularly - that team would just clobber - I really think given our player pool that the best kind of tourney or stat tracking would to just be start playing inhouse games using the elo auto balance and see if that gives us reasonably competitive games. Those games can Be AP/RD/CM/AR and recording the game id's and the maybe individual win/loss records off game type. This needs to be fun first, and serious business second. If the fun starts rolling in and people really play together. Maybe we can set something up like the Liquid Community Pasture League - and get some traction organizing something that continues to grow with the rerolled dota community.