DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Your ELO does not go up much when you group queue with a varied skill spread - just ask all the normal guys who I group queue in channel with. I'm probably close to the highest ELO in the channel - at least up there with the top group. Every solo game I play is in Vhigh - and has been for a long time. They still get put in their same skill bracket when they solo queue - you do not move quickly ELO wise when group queuing.

TLDR; Queuing in a stack with Vhigh players does not adjust your solo ELO to be the same as theirs in an appreciable or quick way. The likelihood is that if you're in over your head you are just going to get slaughtered in lane by more experienced and better mechanical players.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I suck at getting my point across, especially to Nutron. I play for fun, but to win, but I don't just use the best heroes because they are the best I will use any hero. I often play All Random so I won't always carry my games and team balance is sometimes really bad.

Simply put, I should have just rolled around with a friend or two using boringly OP combinations of heroes to up my ELO, WHICH I CAN STILL DO, but currently my solo games are terrible after TI3/F2P or whatever else is causing terribly unfun games. I'm also not saying I do not deserve where I am in the ELO, because I feel it is accurate with a lot of other players I play with/against. The problem becomes when I play with or against someone that does not seem to know the basics and I then wonder I bother.

I get what you bros are all saying and thanks for confirming how the MM/Elo system works.

TLDR; Thanks for the information everyone, I feel that my spot in the ELO rating warrants people to know how to play the game but far too often people do not even know how to play and that is why I am bitching about my ELO. Maybe that is subjective, but basics that I learned nearly 10 years ago in Dota on WCIII should be known to people around my ELO rating OR I should be gaming the system, abusing hero combinations/queuing with people to bump up my ELO rating.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Maybe I suck at getting my point across, especially to Nutron. I play for fun, but to win, but I don't just use the best heroes because they are the best I will use any hero. I often play All Random so I won't always carry my games and team balance is sometimes really bad.

Simply put, I should have just rolled around with a friend or two using boringly OP combinations of heroes to up my ELO, WHICH I CAN STILL DO, but currently my solo games are terrible after TI3/F2P or whatever else is causing terribly unfun games. I'm also not saying I do not deserve where I am in the ELO, because I feel it is accurate with a lot of other players I play with/against. The problem becomes when I play with or against someone that does not seem to know the basics and I then wonder I bother.

I get what you bros are all saying and thanks for confirming how the MM/Elo system works.

TLDR; Thanks for the information everyone, I feel that my spot in the ELO rating warrants people to know how to play the game but far too often people do not even know how to play and that is why I am bitching about my ELO. Maybe that is subjective, but basics that I learned nearly 10 years ago in Dota on WCIII should be known to people around my ELO rating OR I should be gaming the system, abusing hero combinations/queuing with people to bump up my ELO rating.
The biggest problem with a simple ELO rating in a game like dota is all the variables it doesnt account for. Mainly, the heroes themselves...Some guy might be a profesional at shadow fiend mid, but be absolutely dreadful when playing rubick support easy lane.. ELO will not differentiate between the 2.. Even in vhigh games I rarely get a game where all 10 players play their role well and are good...Usualy its 8 at the very most, most often 6-7.

I play to have fun as well and random the majority of the games I play, so do most of my friends.. Nor do I abuse any combinations with queuing (even in groups)...

What I'm basicaly saying is that perhaps to reach very high you should look into what you can improve yourself rather than imagine you have to "game" the system to do so or blaming your teams, cause everyone I know that plays in vhigh games does so without having reached it with cheesy combos or the likes...

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The animation/quality in this video is awesome. It could easily pass as an official DOTA2 intro video. I suggest playing with no sound, though...because the anime music sucks ;P

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The good news is that school starts this week so little Timmy won't be able to stay up late anymore.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
"waga is really good streamer, i dont know how he do 40 hours streaming and not dead" ice3 lol

Ive never eaten dogs before, but i love rabbits lloll ice is awesome.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Admiral Bulldog was streaming the over the weekend with some of his noobish friends. It was hilarious. All of them were mic'd up and it was a non-stop lol fest.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's all that faggot does, is stream with really bad girls and plays Lone Druid.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
That's all that faggot does, is stream with really bad girls and plays Lone Druid.
His friend cyclops is fucking hilarious
biggrin.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yes xyclopz is the best, hes some like malaysian guy i think hes a caster, i first saw him co-casting with sheever it made it watchable hes fucking hilarious you should check out his casts.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
yes xyclopz is the best, hes some like malaysian guy i think hes a caster, i first saw him co-casting with sheever it made it watchable hes fucking hilarious you should check out his casts.
He gets excited about everything, I cannot imagine any game with him to be boring. I have 2 new dota friends like that...They just have so much fucking fun while playing, it's contagious.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
he fucking calls heros, tom cruise and i cant even remember half of the shit, he calls black holes barack obamas or some shit check out his casts lol.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, xyclopz was a Spirit Breaker and he was "arresting" bitches left and right. The guy is funnier than most comedians. The game before that, he was like 1-9 and his entire team was giving him shit for feeding. The names he was calling them and his excuses had me rolling on the floor.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Ya, xyclopz was a Spirit Breaker and he was "arresting" bitches left and right. The guy is funnier than most comedians. The game before that, he was like 1-9 and his entire team was giving him shit for feeding. The names he was calling them and his excuses had me rolling on the floor.
When he calls lion "simba" I lose it everytime :x