DOTA 2

Sulrn

Deuces
Never went looking for a pub scrim chat, but one option is to list your username and Idle in FoH eventually Rethan or another member will send you an invite to the RR group.

Pretty easy to find a couple of people to dick around with once you know people. In reality though, just queue normal. Being tossed in the fire after you understand the core concepts let's you learn the current meta and gameplay pretty quickly.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Likely a repeat question but search let me down so here goes:

Been playing this pretty heavily with some close friends on a closed game but have yet to move out into the 'Don't feed newb' on-line match-up system yet. I am pretty competent vs. AI (for what that's worth... which is to say not much) but I would prefer a newb friendly sever/environment while I skill up some more. Anyone know any private lobbies for newbs? Just want to practice against people more (my friends are even worse and greener than I am...) before I go through the matchmaking system.
If you're worried about being harassed by people, don't fret it, just hit them an ignore if they're bothering you. But normal matchmaking was made for this kind of stuff. You seem to have put some extensive training in on bots, just get out there in normal MM and start getting rekt by normal people, eventually you'll start getting the hang of it.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With the inclusion of ranked there is no reason not to play normals no matter how bad you are. I'm willing to teach you anything so hit me up in the guild channel whenever.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Likely a repeat question but search let me down so here goes:

Been playing this pretty heavily with some close friends on a closed game but have yet to move out into the 'Don't feed newb' on-line match-up system yet. I am pretty competent vs. AI (for what that's worth... which is to say not much) but I would prefer a newb friendly sever/environment while I skill up some more. Anyone know any private lobbies for newbs? Just want to practice against people more (my friends are even worse and greener than I am...) before I go through the matchmaking system.
Two things you need to remember, your first games are gonna be filled with players around your level unless its a smurf. This will lead to an abnormally high amount of abandoned games compared to what it really is like once you've established your account so don't fret with some lopsided/unfinished games early on.. Secondly, you are gonna just run into the quintessential Dota troll who flaunts how stupid you are while you learn. The obvious issue is the stupid troll is in the game with you so his knowledge level is marginally better if at all different than yours. Open the scoreboard, and judiciously mute anyone who rubs you the wrong way ally or enemy and just focus on your own play. Don't be afraid to try anything. Just focus on doing the small things better every game. Always tryhard at last hitting. Its a skill that translates across the entire scope of the game if you are supporting a carry or are the carry.

Idle in FOH chat channel I'll get you a guild invite, your friends are welcome, we're at 172 players.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
With the inclusion of ranked there is no reason not to play normals no matter how bad you are. I'm willing to teach you anything so hit me up in the guild channel whenever.
If you want to learn new heroes or play RD/SD/AR ? I have been sticking to normals to try out new shit lately, because just supporting gets boring.

Sutekh's fapping material:

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Team Liquid getting stomped by Brazilian teams now LOL
I watched that one (Starladder). They are a total mess. Short of blowing it up and starting fresh, they need to maybe just take a break. It's obvious emotions and bad morale are having a huge impact.

Sulrn

Deuces
I agree about Liquid. They need a completely new roster and a captain that's mentally stable. Short of taking a sabbatical and having a team retreat and training camp I don't see them recovering for real. Just continued rollercoaster moments and more drama.

I've been waiting for this since fluff started talking about how they aren't on friendly terms and are for all practical purposes antagonistic to each other. You can't have true unit cohesion like that.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
RIP FLUFF.

Left Team Liquid today, now that all the shit Complexity players are gone the team can finally start winning games.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I usually play off lane heroes, and I've recently added Centaur into my lineup. Good god is he a beast. Really fun to play.

So far my off lane lineup includes (from best to worst)

Dark Seer
Clockwerk
Timbersaw
Elder Titan (don't play him in the current meta all that much though)
Bounty Hunter

and now Centaur.

Any other suggestions for good off laners? I know pretty much anyone can off lane in the new patch, but what are some unconventional ones that you guys have had success with. Was thinking about doing Slardar off lane.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Phoenix is fantastic and considered overpowered by a lot of people. Try him, tons of dmg with almost no items required (levels badly needed though).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Weaver is pretty decent offlaner, but make sure you are not the primary carry. You can get some interesting results if people underestimate your damage, however if they shut you down, you will be completely useless, because it's really hard to farm your waay back into the game. Personally my favorite, but if you end up against double stun lane, you will have a bad time. Once you start feeding, it's hard to stop.

PotM is also bonkers offlaner, hitting 6 gives you almost free kill, but she has low base damage, so you can end up being severely underfarmed, but if your team has setup to land arrows all day long, you will be fine. Her ulti is smoke on crack and people rarely buy dust in advance, so you should get a lot of mileage out of it.

Sulrn

Deuces
Fuzzy math. Should be honest and admit it's furry math. Look at your metrics source, man.

But yeah I felt odd recognizing as many of those names as I did (20-25ish). It's cool seeing the nationality distribution. Would be interesting to see the entire list broken down into averages to see how true or biased the region hate is.