DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone saw TT vs XPC in Eizo cup just now ? 4 guys feeding and Qojqva dragging them kicking and screaming to the finish line. Manliest centaur I have ever seen.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Which tournament is Xyclopz casting? Miss all of his games because of work all day. D=

niss_sl

shitlord
The gold/exp swings are still out of control. Just watch some games and pay attention to the fight recaps. Nothing like getting a pickoff (with only 2 kills) and the last hitter getting 1100 and every assist getting 600. It's absurd. How is that possibly balanced?

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is EEsama's meta, Cloud9 have been wrecking games lately with EE on shit like TB or naga, completely saccing the earlygame with kill scores like 1-9 and 3-17, letting the enemy take every rosh, but getting 1 or 2 kills in teamfights mid/late and suddenly boom 6-slotted terrorblade ratting down your base. Boring as all fuck to watch because at no point does it feel like an epic comeback, but rather "oh look TB is suddenly 6slotted after losing those teamfights, and now you're losing your ancient".

This patch is shaping up to express all the worst aspects of both ricing and ratting in one glorious meta. At least deathballs had teamfights - now teamfights are too risky you just chip towers down from a safe distance until the other team gg's out of exasperation, and it's massively common to see winning teams end with kill scores like 10-30 or 15-40

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Watching IG just sit at their ancient with all 5 people up while VG demolishes all rax without losing a single hero is a bit amusing.

TB is Naga 2.0, it also took a while for teams to adapt to her carrying the game, the thing is that he turns into relevant hero every time Meta is up, but at least you don't have to deal with the son.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm guessing I should wait until the dust settles on this one before checking back in?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Nope, now it's the time where you won't get yelled at by tryhards for not picking like the pros.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The gold swing is barely above 6.81 levels now, just the XP gain is still there which is great for supports. I've barely had any comebacks now since 6.82b.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The numbers are weird, but I think a lot of the "omg so much rubberbands" from casters and shit is due to actually seeing the numbers at the end of the fight rather than the new system.

If the networth difference between 2 teams is huge though, you do get a fuckton of gold. Basically if your team's networth is half or less than the enemy team, you get the maximum bonus, which is victim's networth*0.03 to 0.05(depends on how many people in range, .03 is for 5people) which is quite a lot if their networth is like 20k(600gold for 5person) on top of the 4*victim level so generally 80ish and the 10base, leading to 700g for your entire team for that single kill.

However if the teams aren't that far ahead, and half networth is pretty fucking far, the swings aren't nearly as bad. Say a team has 75% of the other team's gold, following the same situation, you add a factor of 0.33 to the victim's networth, which in this case makes the 20k into 6.66k, leading to only 200g for the kill for everyone from that, plus the rest. It's still more than the old system, however the streak bounty was also massively nerfed, in 6.81 you could sometimes kill someone with a streak and get like 1200g total while now the max streak is 480, so the gold is a lot more spread.

But yeah like I even in the old system, if you got 2 decent teamfights back to back in lategame and got a few streaks bonus gold, you could swing 10k networth. But it wasn't as visibile or as precise as the new UI telling you exactly how much people gained so maybe people didn't notice?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I think so, I think people have no clue what losing a fight cost you in 6.81 or before. Terrorblade and naga are two edge cases who hardcore illusion rat and if people can't beat them this patch they will become first phase ban material. I'm not sure how many fights people expect defending teams to take to recover 10-20k networth and give a realistic chance of late game recovery. If the changed values shave off 1 or 2 fights after 2-3 defenses then what the hell is the problem with that? If you're 20k behind and you win 3 base defense fights in a row - you deserve to win the game.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Team Secret is a pleasure to watch, they are fucking perfect right now. Kuro scoring like 5 kills in VP.Polar's fountain is the cherry on top.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Team Secret is a pleasure to watch, they are fucking perfect right now. Kuro scoring like 5 kills in VP.Polar's fountain is the cherry on top.
Meanwhile, new Na'vi looks totally lost.

edit: Still absolutely hate Funnik NP.

G2: I feel like I haven't seen an Xbox Lifestealer in years.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Alliance vs C9, holy mother of rats.

And it crashed now. This tournament is a clusterfuck.

Del

Vyemm Raider
This has been one of the worst--if not the worst--LANs I've ever watched in the history of Dota.

Pinch_sl

shitlord
Pretty controversial to award a draw when 3 of C9's raxes were down. However, they did have a massive farm advantage. Still, I think a long game like that favored Alliance. They deserved to lose the final game because they gave C9 drow+visage, which has been effective for them this entire tournament.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think they both agreed to a draw because the idea of playing 3 more games under those conditions must have been terrifying.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
For anyone interested.....Dotabuff just released a new hero ranking system. You need to be a plus member ($6/month) to see anything outside of the top 100 players. I'm in the 87 percentile on disruptor and warlock, which surprised me being a 3k trench tier scrub.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
For anyone interested.....Dotabuff just released a new hero ranking system. You need to be a plus member ($6/month) to see anything outside of the top 100 players. I'm in the 87 percentile on disruptor and warlock, which surprised me being a 3k trench tier scrub.
Can you see other people's? I want to know mine!