DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This patch is hurting my brain, it seems like teamfight lineups reign supreme, since you can erase anything that happened in the first 10 minutes once you have all ultis up. There will definitely have to be a lot more tweaking, because as it is right now having an advantage is very risky.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
This patch is hurting my brain, it seems like teamfight lineups reign supreme, since you can erase anything that happened in the first 10 minutes once you have all ultis up. There will definitely have to be a lot more tweaking, because as it is right now having an advantage is very risky.
I don't think there's anything wrong with NOT losing in the first 10 minutes of the game. But the dipshit community that exists in this game already ruined any chance of testing the mechanic in-depth.

Got to play my first game finally. BS spell not having mana cost = 10x more broken than bounty stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They just patched again anyway, they already massively nerfed the gold gain thing. Xp is still the same, so you'll have good levels on supports and potential for comeback, but not nearly as much.

* Kill Streak Bounty from 100->800 to 60->480 (6.81 values are 125->1000)
* Reduced AoE Gold bonus Net Worth Factor for 1/2/3/4/5 hero kills from 0.5/0.35/0.25/0.2/0.15 to 0.26/0.22/0.18/0.14/0.10
* Fixed Dire Ancient spawn box size

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Riki offlane is now legit and it's pain in the ass, since you never know if he will be in your lane and otherwise he gets lvl 3 for free

niss_sl

shitlord
The 40s per pick in AP in random public games is far too much. Nothing like having 5-6 afk people using up all those seconds.

niss_sl

shitlord
I don't care for that either. They should have left it the way it was.
Well know, I think the original one is crap because it sometimes results in both teams just waiting till last sec to counterpick each other. The new system prevents that but it should be 40s to start, then 5-10 seconds for each person to pick. 40seconds per person is far too much.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I prefer this system, some sort of all draft where everybody gets to ban 1 hero would be a bit better, but this is a wast improvement.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I've had several games since patch that were over an hour and one that was 1 hour and 30 minutes. I think this patch made it really hard to finish games against semi evenly matched teams.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
That's just because people aren't used to the fact that thinking you can solo the whole team and fail is a huge deal now. If you play smart you can end the game almost as quickly as before.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
As usual, it depends, if you arrive to high ground before the crucial items and levels come for the other team, you have no issues breaking it with aegis, but if the game is even a little bit even, that's where they can turn around easily.

niss_sl

shitlord
I know it's a bit early but I think the gold/exp swings you get from kills is absurd. It's far too easy to make a comeback nowadays because semi-throws punish you so hard. I think teams aren't accustomed to it yet, but once it sets in games are going to become insanely dull b/c of the fear of throwing your lead. Not to mention that heros that fall of later are going to become a rarity, because who cares if you suck in the laning stage; all it takes is one good fight and you're back and possibly in the lead.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I think this subject gets discussed in too much hyperbole. I'm fine with the suggestion that perhaps the gold or exp bonus are too high, but its just not true that you can get shit on in lanes then transition that into multiple "catch up" teamfight wins that erase your lane shittiness. (because of the bonus) Sure games where the lane phase is lost into massive teamfight wins happen, but that isn't necessarily because of these gold/xp mechanics. There is no real legitimate discussion other than peoples "feelings" or made up shit on almost any dota forum right now, and people bitch and whine about patches all the time at the start. I'm confident that the data Valve is collecting will either remove these mechanics if they are failing to serve their purpose, or tweak them if its just a numbers issue.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just had a game as PA where it was over in 30ish minutes and even that was dragged out some due to an SF killing me when I mistimed my bkb for his death. There wasn't anything the other team could have done at that point sans my team just letting me suicide over and over so yeah, the swings aren't huge unless you're a retard.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Games were ridiculous, this change was sorely needed and things are much better now. The arguement "oh you just have to play safe and stop trying to 1v5 in late game as carry" works in theory, but with the actual numbers that were used it just made for stupid long games where the winning team had to play so risk-averse and cautious that games just became tedious as hell. Pushing T3 was just way too much of a gamble, and even taking a 5v5, killing all of them but losing 1 person on your team created a massive swing. That one death on your team gave multiple people enough gold to buyback, immediately join the fight and get another kill, which would get them all an extra item. Was absurd. The way it is now still gives more chance for a comeback than 6.81, but it's more up to the losing team to make a big play than it is the winning team to play tediously safe.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I still think you are better off taking 4 carries in pubs or at least somebody with ridiculous teamfights who scales well, like Enigma or Magnus instead of trying some kind of push strat, because all it takes is one idiot wanting to farm alone and it falls on its face because you are too slow. Sure, last patch it was Furion/DP/Leshrac/Enigma balls to the wall push that mostly won, but this patch even 1 lane of rax doesn't mean much if you have better scaling heroes.

Del

Vyemm Raider
News - Dota 2 Update - 6.82b

As far as I understand it, the comeback mechanics have been essentially nerfed to the ground, while still present, one teamfight doesn't swing the game so much.
THANK GOD.

I hope it's much less retarded now when I see it in action. I was ready to quit this fucking game because of all the ~60 min games of undeserved comebacks happening.