DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Can you get a refund ?

Anyway my money is on the usual suspects, I would be surprised if we saw something like last year happen again, the top teams have shown the most polished plays. Empire can upset LGD, but most likely not. Xiao8 is too good of a captain to lose with preparation. C9 vs CDEC is a toss up, depending on which team self destructs and C9 hasn't been playing well, so my money would be on china again. ppd outdrafts anybody on a good day, especially with a few days to prepare, Col goes down. Secret should bulldoze EHOME, could be the most onesided match of the WB. Seems like Dota right now is a good captain that can drag their team kicking and screaming towards victory, the only exception is Secret, who has 3 and all of them have been around since forever.

LB is a crapshoot with the bo1s, but hopefully MVPP, VG and Fnatic make it deep, I like their styles and I want Newbee dead and buried after what they did last year.

Secret has been dropping games here and there, but I'm riding this hype train to the end. Just hope mid Broodmother doesn't become a thing. Arteezy has been running circles around some teams and I find it interesting how they rather low average kill score, they just farm up, execute 1-3 fights and it's over.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I fucking love this VP vs Empire game (draft starts at 10h14m10s in case board link doesn't work), I love how sometimes a good non-super meta hero like Silencer can carry a game and completely own Shadow Fiend mid.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
datdota.com has a post up on stats for the TI Main Event Predictions. It looks at data from the previous TIs plus this current Group Stage:

The International 2015 Compendium Predictions: Past Internationals - datdota.com

I didn't go with the 2400 largest crit. That was a 72 min double rapier game and just don't think we'll see that in the main event. There was some yolo stuff going on in the group stage. Kind of want to go 16 - 20 for Number of Heroes Never Picked or Banned. Even though it was 21 through the group stage. Someone has a pocket strat somewhere, but there were already 17 heroes only picked 1 or 2 times in groups. Also I think I'm going with 13 - 16 minutes for Shortest Game Time based on history and kind of just thinking there'll be a desperation draft when someone is down games that'll result in an early GG. Rapiers Bought I did 4 - 6 b/c again there were some yolo rapiers in Group Stage.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
18 million... Nice.

Btw, anyone at ti5 mind picking up gear for a forum pal? Was going to go, but the wife refused to let me pull out 7.5 months ago... Looked at some of the shit online, but it doesn't look like the same shit as the players wear etc. Anyway, pm me, need some swag. Cash, check, money order, whatever

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'll Pm you. Not really planning on standing in line for 8 hours so already did my pre-order, but we may have a way to bypass the line.

Northerner

N00b
Yeah, they should think about doing something about him...

I think they are still good though. (Edit: I was completely wrong of course.)

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
PL is now out of control. Don't understand why PL / AM / Ember aren't picked earlier

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Push lineup against the guy who won TI with push lineups ? I have no idea how that could go wrong.

PL seems to wreck timing pushes again and again and they have nothing to kill him before he gets his illusions up. Axe is shitty initiator in this case, because once there is diffu, he just blinks, calls and then turns into a melee creep.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Actually getting an objective when they dove LGD's base 3x would have been nice too.
Or bailing when they got a 3-0 fight instead of turning it into a 3-4. Lol

Empire looked like 2 teams, one 0-20min then another 25-45

Those two high ground fails broke them

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Or bailing when they got a 3-0 fight instead of turning it into a 3-4. Lol

Empire is like 2 teams, one 0-20min then another 20-45
A common cis issue. I also wonder how much better off Empire is with another armor/damage item on DK.