DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone definitively figured out the Loda vs RL drama? Last I saw someone came out on twitter who said he was there and RL did full on try and strangle Loda.
To my best understanding RL was a dick on twitter (made a bad joke), Kelly&Loda took it seriously, Kelly started arguing with RL, both got offended and worked up and Loda showed up just in time to catch it. Basically neither side is innocent, but RL has enough history of being a dick that people are just sick of it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had to do 5 minutes of googling just to find out who RL is. After finding out Robert Lewis and seeing his picture, I still don't know who the fuck he is.

He is just another crazy dude strangling nerds to me.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's a wackjob. Managed to get himself banned from the LoL subreddit, decided to start writing articles about the mods there and then got himself a sitewide reddit ban. He continually rants about the 'esports bullshit' he has to put up with when that's his actual job as a reporter. It's like if you were an elementary school teacher and continually bitched that 'everyone around here is so childish!'

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The whole thing is retarded. From Richard Lewis being a 40 year old weirdo posing as an e-sports journalist to Loda having to defend his skank girlfriend's honor like its his first girlfriend on the playground. E-sports is so incredibly immature it makes for hilarious twitter.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I found it funny how Loda posted his choke marks on twitter, trying to get sympathy points. Oh how the vikings have fallen.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Syndereen has a new team featuring two of the NIP guys. Seems pretty mediocre but who knows.

Also VP is ditching Illidan in favour of Silent from Empire (which probably explains why Funn1k and Xboct have been standing in for them at the last two tournaments), might be interesting if they can keep weird picks but make them more niche instead of the norm.

And for the love of all that is holy, why the shit is Clairvoyance co-casting again? He's completely awful at everything.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh I hate clairvoyance so much. Almost as much ayesee who thankfully disappeared, idk why, but I hated listening to him too.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alliance with Io, Tiny, and NP (and funny side note, KotLGuy said "It's a donger special!"). This will be fun to watch, even if Alliance gets destroyed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well this is going as expected, 1kill in the last 15minutes or so, VP moving from lane to lane on their side of the map trying to defend the constant waves of shit crashing in their T3s.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game is excruciating. It's like it's never going to end. Rat vs single target defense.

Edit: LOL! Dazzle with Mjol, Diffusal, and Helm of Dominator.

89 fucking minutes. Worst game ever.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Zp745pu.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How the mighty have fallen. I still don't get why S4 went with Alliance instead of staying in Secret...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How the mighty have fallen. I still don't get why S4 went with Alliance instead of staying in Secret...
It is difficult to figure that team out at all. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they really are good friends. Which sounds dumb maybe but the cores have been together for a long time, especially compared to modern teams. They had the stint where s4 was in Secret and Bulldog took 6-8 months off. They even pub together on stream all the time. Bulldog and s4 almost constantly, and Akke will join and sometimes EGM still.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It is difficult to figure that team out at all. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they really are good friends. Which sounds dumb maybe but the cores have been together for a long time, especially compared to modern teams. They had the stint where s4 was in Secret and Bulldog took 6-8 months off. They even pub together on stream all the time. Bulldog and s4 almost constantly, and Akke will join and sometimes EGM still.
Yeah but it's your fucking career and nobody knows how long the current spotlight will last, so not making the best team you can to cash in seems rather silly.

Lots of people predicted that in the wake of TI shuffle, EU came out without a clear number 1 with a lot of "may be, maybe not" teams, which ironically made it the toughest scene for online qualifiers and spawned a lot of pretty solid teams in the end, mixing old hats with new blood. Sticking to your friends and recruiting +1 guy that never gets a fair shake seems downright stupid and short-sighted. Even Puppey realized that sticking to a star studded lineup of veterans might not be the best idea in the long run.

On the other hand, if they had any success, like making top 3, people would be congratulating them for sticking to their own guns and making the same lineup work again. Now they are just a new Navi - a reddit punching bag.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its starting to feel like someone distributed a flyerHow to Defeat Secret in 3 Easy Stepsand every team has a copy.