DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shredder came in the Legion Commander patch I'm pretty sure, which was like December 2011 or something? It's been about a year.

Medusa's basically done, speculation about why she's not in yet includes talk of a remake in the next Dota patch, which should be out next week or so.
Actually Medusa might not be done, they did a complete design rework on her(changed her icon, her textures colors and shit like that, and incidentally her particles to match the new style). Well she might be done now but maybe not last week when they decided what to add to the patch. Could also be because of the remake, I read similar stuff. Hoping for 6.77 this weekend so we'll see, hope Icefrog doesn't overdo the reworks again though, his last batch of reworks were over the top for most of them(centaur ulti, jakiro ice path, drow aura).

And you're right about Shredder, thought he was older but he was in fact added with the Skywrath/Legion Commander/Xin patch, which is a very recent batch of heroes, 6.73. I don't really know any of these "new" heroes anyway, also don't really care about most of the other not added heroes but the 2 I mentionned so not a big deal for me who gets first. I do know I don't give a fuck about Medusa though. I wouldn't mind Frost Wyrm over most of the older heroes either.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
He was a fun hero to play.
He was changed quite a bit over time though. Granted he was changed back to fairly close to what he was, only Soul Steal was completely removed in favor of Reflection.

Anyway fun heroes are a matter of taste, I'm sure some people will argue Shredder is a more fun hero than Terrorblade or Medusa, myself I don't care either way. At least they released a hero, that's one less in the pool of heroes left to port so you're one hero closer to getting the port you want before 2014.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1203260
6.77 notes. Excelent changes all around.

Ancient Apparition
- Chilling Touch manacost rescaled from 140 to 110/120/130/140

Batrider
- Batrider can no longer attack while using Flaming Lasso

Bounty Hunter
- Track no longer reduces armor

Centaur
- Movement speed decreased from 305 to 300
- Double Edge no longer interrupts channeling
- Stampede now applies a 100% slow instead of a stun (as always, units cannot be slowed below 100 movement speed)

Clockwerk
- Agility growth increased from 1.2 to 2.3

Dazzle
- Shallow Grave cast range rescaled from 400/600/800/1000 to 550/700/850/1000

Doom Bringer
- Scorched Earth now also affects other units you control
- Doom now has too much armor! (+1)

Drow Ranger
- Trueshot Aura now only affects non-hero units within 900 range of Drow

Earthshaker
- Aftershock stun duration rescaled from 0.3/0.7/1.2/1.5 to 0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5
- Aftershock damage increased from 25/45/75/115 to 50/75/100/125
- Enchant Totem cooldown decreased from 6 to 5

Enchantress
- Untouchable AS reduction increased from 20/40/60/80 to 20/50/80/110

Jakiro
- Ice Path damage from 100 to 25/50/75/100

Lycanthrope
- Base Int increased from 15 to 17
- Spirit Wolves armor increased by 1

Magnus
- Skewer no longer affects magic immune units
- Skewer cast range rescaled from 1200 to 600/800/1000/1200
- Reverse Polarity duration decreased from 2.5/3.25/4 to 2.25/3/3.75

Medusa
- Stone Gaze cooldown decreased from 140/110/80 to 140/100/60

Mirana
- Moonlight Shadow duration increased from 11 to 15 seconds

Morphling
- Cast animation time decreased from 0.4 to 0.25

Necrolyte
- Reaper's Scythe stun/delay increased from 1 to 1.5 seconds

Omniknight
- Purification cast range rescaled from 400/500/600/700 to 700

Phoenix
- Sun Ray max range decreased from 1600 to 1300
- Sun Ray base damage decreased from 16/24/32/40 to 15/20/25/30
- Sun Ray now ends if you are stunned or silenced
- Fixed some Sunray lag issues

Puck
- Illusory Orb cooldown decreased from 13 to 12

Pugna
- Decrepify cooldown decreased from 13/11/9/7 to 12/10/8/6

Shadow Demon
- Shadow Poison cooldown decreased from 3 to 2.75

Slark
- Base agility increased by 6

Spectre
- Haunt no longer ends when you use reality (the targeted illusion is still replaced by you though)

Sven
- Great Cleave damage decreased from 25/40/55/70 to 20/35/50/65
- Warcry duration decreased from 8 to 7 seconds

Templar Assassin
- Refraction manacost increased from 75 to 100

Terrorblade
- Movement speed increased by 5

Treant Protector
- Damage increased by 10
- Leech Seed cooldown decreased from 18/16/14/12 to 16/14/12/10
- Overgrowth cooldown decreased from 80 to 70
- Living Armor damage instances increased from 6 to 7
- Living Armor can be cast through the minimap (only considers heroes and towers/rax in this mode)

Undying
- Decay damage reduced from 40/80/120/160 to 20/60/100/140

Vengeful Spirit
- Wave of Terror damage increased from 18.75/37.5/56.25/75 to 30/50/70/90

Viper
- Base strength increased by 3

Warlock
- Shadow Word cooldown decreased from 20 to 16

Weaver
- Shukuchi damage increased from 90/100/110/120 to 90/110/130/150

Winter Wyvern
- Arctic Burn cooldown decreased from 60/50/40/30 to 50/40/30/20
- Splinter Blast cooldown decreased from 8 to 7
- Fixed Arctic Burn vs Roshan

Zeus
- Strength growth increased from 1.8 to 2.3

Buriza-do Kyanon
- Crit multiplier decreased from 2.7 to 2.4
- Recipe cost decreased from 1200 to 1000

Crystalys
- Damage decreased from 35 to 30

Eye of Skadi
- HP bonus increased from 200 to 250
- MP bonus increase from 150 to 250

Shiva's Guard
- Freezing Aura's attack speed reduction increased from 25 to 30

* Harpy's Chain Lightning manacost reduced from 90 to 50

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I'm o.k. with the change to Drow. But damn them for the change to Jakiro's Ice Path. Bastards.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
TA nerf seems rather harsh against any hero who can drop her refraction charges with dots, I thought Mag would get hit harder with the nerfhammer, but I guess this also means he is now gankable. Treant is fucking crazy, he has what, 80 base damage now?
biggrin.png
give him quelling axe and you can go for first blood.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
TA nerf seems rather harsh against any hero who can drop her refraction charges with dots, I thought Mag would get hit harder with the nerfhammer, but I guess this also means he is now gankable. Treant is fucking crazy, he has what, 80 base damage now?
biggrin.png
give him quelling axe and you can go for first blood.
Well the TA nerf is fairly subtle, it makes her laning a lot worse early on even with bottle crow so she's not an autowin lane, but doesn't really change the rest of the hero so that's a great change imo. Mag change mostly makes him a lot shittier at suicide laning, which he was way too fucking good at to begin with especially when you consider he could skewer people into tower and get kills sometimes. 1200 "blink" at lvl 1 was stupid, every blink in the game scales.

Treant keeps getting buffed and he might eventually be good but atm I don't know, sure he lasts hit like a super boss but his slow range is still shit, he still is a mana whore if you use the slow for anything. How do you lane him too, I think best spot would be solo mid, but I don't know if he can actually solo mid that well vs QoP, Bat or TA(maybe TA but his dot is only 3hits iirc for a large mana cost and fairly long cd). We'll see but for now not totally convinced he's just that, doesn't help in pubs people waste his shield non stop though. I do like the change to let you cast the shield through the minimap a lot however, as it was very annoying to use otherwise.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think he might become a jungle, the problem is that his ulti is still crap, it only holds people in place, no damage and no stun, so unless there's melee carry you have time to run away from, it's not very useful. It could for example put living armor on your allies or go through bkb if you ever want him to get out of Tide's shadow. Also we might see him simply as a support in trilane that makes sure you win mid lane no matter what with his living armor, which makes trading hits very powerful.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
His ulti goes through bkb already. Bkb dispels it though, so it's a matter of timing it after the bkb are popped instead of before. As for jungler, he doesn't do enough dmg to be a viable jungler. I mean he hits very hard sure but that's irrelevant when you consider the kind of dmg of viable junglers, either from pets or aoe attacks(ion shell, helix etc). He's like an ursa with no burst to kill the bigger neutrals. I'd need to check what kind of times you can get but I don't think you'd get anything worthwhile and it's a lot harder to use your armor on your team if you need it for yourself to regen from jungle(until tranq boots at least).

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I'm ok with the changes, glad the centaur ult no longer stuns, it needed to lose that component for sure, We'll see how games with drow change when it isn't as if she's pushing the whole map when she's alive.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've never seen that jakiro pick work out as a counterpick to TA.
Seen it work in a dota1 game a week ago or so on Luminous channel. It was a special strat though, it was Jakiro middle with his own courier for bottle crow and not one but TWO BOTTLES. One for each head. The cast was hilarious and the strat was also hilarious, but it worked and that Jakiro stomped the shit out of TA so hard. Was a SEA game, like MUFC vs random pinoy team or some shit like that so not the best dota but very enjoyable shit to watch ^^.

Thing though is if you put your jakiro mid, you don't need to win the lane, you just need not to feed too much. It's generally a trilane support so he wouldn't be getting shit anyway, if he doesn't get shit mid that's fine and he's annoying to TA plus he gets a lot of levels which is great for jakiro. It's not really a pick to win imo. You don't really pick to win against TA mid, you pick to not lose too much. Darkseer does pretty well though.