DOTA 2

Northerner

N00b
Never know on that one. He's literally never played Pug in a pro match, I'd find it hard to believe he didn't at least call out that he wanted it at some point. Don't think it is his kind of hero though.

Much love for Jackie though on that game. I almost pissed myself when he came off the cliff for absolutely no fucking reason imaginable.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hilarious that just last week there was a thread on Reddit complaining about wards placement counting as spell and using auto attack after spell. And now Handsken dies because of it.

Northerner

N00b
Didn't help but complexity blew that one by not even really trying to push their window. Too timid for that lineup for sure.

EDIT: So game two you give Alliance Furion? That is likely unwise.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Wow, Complexity is impressing the fuck out of me. Did not think they could do this well.

Edit: Holy fuck this tournament is incredible. While I may not like Alliance, I have no problem admitting they are a fantastic team, in a million years I never thought Complexity could beat them, jesus.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Complexity played the shit out of those games, damn. Oh well EG tonight but then that'll knock either them or CoL out. Too bad production started off so shit but the game quality is making up for those first few bad days.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They kicked them right in the Donger.

rrr_img_127768.jpg

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
G1 - I think Moon won the game, then spent the next 5 minutes losing it. Though no blink sven was pretty game losing too.

G2 - Interesting interaction from the draft, if Fnatic goes on Drow, Void can chrono and VS can swap Drow out.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
So.... they interview the western players with a chinese interviewer, but now they're interviewing Mushi in english via an translator? wtf

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Man, Swindle got the "Dafuq you say?" look from James when he stated on Day 1 that US/SEA would be considered the best regions after this tournament, and he was actually partially correct. US/SEA are guaranteed to take 4th-6th this tournament, with one of the four teams placing 1st-3rd. Winners bracket is obviously still Europe v Europe which isn't terribly surprising, but what a showing from US/SEA here (and what a horrible showing for China).

Agree 100% that quality of tournament is inversely proportional to how good the DotA at the tournament being played is.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man, Swindle got the "Dafuq you say?" look from James when he stated on Day 1 that US/SEA would be considered the best regions after this tournament, and he was actually partially correct. US/SEA are guaranteed to take 4th-6th this tournament, with one of the four teams placing 1st-3rd. Winners bracket is obviously still Europe v Europe which isn't terribly surprising, but what a showing from US/SEA here (and what a horrible showing for China).
Swindle also said Lion was not a thing and that they'd be 1-2 in their group. You know what they say about broken clocks
wink.png

Agree 100% that quality of tournament is inversely proportional to how good the DotA at the tournament being played is.
Eh? I'd consider the dota at the tournament to be relatively average, compare that to say Frankfurt or TI5 where the production was good and the dota was great.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching G3 Secret vs EG. I think envy just isn't used to playing Ember vs Nyxx, most of the 'bad' pickups involved him getting stunned via carapace or invis.