DOTA 2

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
Talk about shuffle drama going crazy

w33 and misery out of Secret for arteezy and universe

NA has no one that can replace universe

Cybsled

That is a crazy shuffle. Although given RTZ and Sumail's personalities, I could totally see them not getting along too much.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh hey look, I'm going to make a crazy prediction. Secret will lose a couple of LANs and RTZ will land somewhere else. lol DOTAdamus up in here. What a joke.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider

Wow, outside of Puppeydrafts I thought w33 and misery were playing the best on that team.

Totally shocked to see Universe leave EG. How does that happen?

edit: Just realized maybe zai is coming back?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I think I'd die from laughing if EG wins another TI after rtz leaves a second time.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider

This is the TI lock right?

From an individual skill perspective its hard to come up with any western players who would be better. That said, I'm not convinced about the roster as unless someone massively changes playstyle they don't appear to have any space making cores.

I think they will have the same issue that EG has had, Arteezy and Sumail are both farm intensive players while Universe is space neutral. (He doesn't take farm away from the rest of his team, but he isn't like IceIceIce who demands constant attention.)

Its hard to see what the roles will be, I feel like Arteezy would be the better mid though he apparently doesn't play Invoker (legacy keys?) and while EE has taken a back seat to Arteezy on LAN a few times (Speed Gaming, subbing for EG) the current meta doesn't quite support the position-1 mids.

Dota 2 - Spring Cleaning

finally hero specific hotkeys
I feel like the spawn boxes & tower targetting stuff should only be available in bot matches.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
RTZ is going to play the kind of mid that he used to play way back when he was on Kaipi and at MLG Colombus. People forget he was really good on Puck, TA, Zeus, OD, etc.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Might start winning tournaments again LOL"
-Sumail

Shots fired hah...gotta love dota drama. Wonder if zai return inevitable.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow, outside of Puppeydrafts I thought w33 and misery were playing the best on that team.
w33's invoker was great but otherwise they had to resort to non-meta heroes like WR. Misery generally looked good though. Overall I would have rated PieLieDie the highest probably followed by EE.

Totally shocked to see Universe leave EG. How does that happen?
He's 26, not many years left really. Plus iirc the Secret org doesn't take a slice?

edit: Just realized maybe zai is coming back?
I would hazard no Zai, he was very recently playing with No Diggity (Qoijva, Synderen, Era, Yazpor) and in a DreamLeague interview Yapzor said something along the lines of Zai found it too difficult to do w/ school at the same time.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
REPORT: EG exodus continues as SumaiL and Fear reportedly leave the team | Nyhet | Dota2 | Fragbite.se

Holy FUCK. Buh bye EG? That's crazy.

Oh jesus rofl

CeMxsvSXIAAWJ9w.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the spawn boxes & tower targetting stuff should only be available in bot matches.
Yeah I do too... not sure how I like this at all. But it turns in to a whine about making dota easier, along with the map location hotkeys (which yeah you could do with macro anyways, but...). I dunno some of these quality of life changes are odd.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
RTZ is going to play the kind of mid that he used to play way back when he was on Kaipi and at MLG Colombus. People forget he was really good on Puck, TA, Zeus, OD, etc.
My memory of MLG Columbus is Arteezy taking pretty farm heavy cores like OD with Envy on Clinkz making space with Sing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fixed Headshot damage going through Spell Immunity

RIP Sniper... well, guess they just dug him up and RIP'd again.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I do too... not sure how I like this at all. But it turns in to a whine about making dota easier, along with the map location hotkeys (which yeah you could do with macro anyways, but...). I dunno some of these quality of life changes are odd.
Everything you can do/enable in autoexec.cfg should be present in the options IMO, its just an unnecessary barrier. For new players, or even players looking to improve (PPD mentioned recently one of the custom games being great for supports to experiment with warding & de-warding) the other stuff is pretty nice but one wonders where the line should be drawn (auto-last hits!)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nothing on the Liquid website yet about Fear and Sumail. There must be some crazy drama going on.

Anyway, I think Secret is going to regret picking up Arteezy. I dunno, something about him just seems cancerous. Fear might just hang it up at this point.

I'm mostly just surprised that they got rid of misery and w33. They both seem like really good players. Will be interesting to see where they land.

Edit: LOL. Saw a post that said Puppey sent RTZ to EG just to steal Universe. That'd be hilarious if it were actually true.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Between this shit, Chinese Dota imploding and Korea finally living up to their potential.. I don't think my heart can take all this Dota 2 drama.

Northerner

N00b
RTZ is cancerous but not in the way we tend to assume from the outside.

He's pretty goddamned skilled but incredibly critical of teammates. That can be good or bad depending on the personalities. In a tight team I can see him not just being an asset due to his play but *also* his attitude. The cocksucker does keep his people accountable, even if that really isn't his role sometimes. Of course that also creates stupid levels of friction when he's trying to play the captain when he's not that guy. It also doesn't much help that he's the 'textbook' guy that plays near perfect Dota and that can be predictable. He generally does the builds that are best and almost always makes the plays that are expected. I mean, fuck me right? Still, that's a compliment but also a small liability. Players like EE sometimes do get away with crazy shit and also sometimes get away with *normal* shit since people have to prepare for the crazy. Take it as you will but chaos is not always a bad thing.

No matter how you look at it though, he's one of the best P1 or Mid players in the game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This is kind of a better sorting of the patch changes since they didn't include a version by hero:

Spring Cleaning Update - Balance Implications : DotA2

Thread is still being updated

Invoker
(--) Fixed Ice Wall debuff lingering on heroes that become Spell Immune
Enchantress
(---) Fixed Untouchable lingering when attempting to attack units other than Enchantress
Lone Druid
(---) Fixed Maim not working against Spirit Bear
(++) Fixed being unable to use Bottle, Mango or Tangoes on Spirit Bear
(-) Fixed Wisp Spirits not hurting Spirit Bear
Slark
(+++) Fixed Shadow Dance not granting passive bonuses if affected by vision spells like Amplify Damage
Even though Slark can easily purge Track and Amp, if this change affects Bloodseeker's Thurst vision, it could be a very large buff
Sven
(+) Fixed Stormhammer behavior when the primary target is hidden upon impact
If this change makes Stormhammer still stun in its AOE, this is a situationally significant buff
Huskar
(+) Fixed Life Break Immunity not lasting long enough
Does this mean Huskar can ignore Blademail?
Death Prophet
(+) Fixed recasting Exorcism not causing existing ghosts to return to you and heal
(+) Fixed Exorcism not autoattacking Spell Immune
Broodmother
(+) Fixed incapacticating bite not affecting illusions
(+) Fixed Spiderlings killing nearby trees when they die
Ogre Magi
(-) Fixed Multicast Ignite affecting units in FoW
(--) Fixed Multicast not being disabled under Break
Bristleback
(--) Fixed Warpath not being disabled by Break
Enigma
(+) Fixed Aghanim Blackhole dealing slightly less damage than intended
Sniper
(-) Fixed Headshot damage going through Spell Immunity
Juggernaut
(+) Fixed Omnislash being affected by Damage Block
Visage
(-) Fixed Stone Form stunning and damaging units if the Familiar died while landing
(-) Familiars are now properly affected by movement speed changes and disables such as stuns or roots
Pugna
(+) Fixed Nether Ward damage not disabling Blink
Doom
(+) Fixed Infernal Blade being disabled by Break
Ursa + Other Rosh Heroes
(--) Fixed Roshan to update his health immediately on the upgrade timer, rather than the next time he spawns