DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Earth Spirit is really rough since there is nothing like him and to be useful you should be able to pull off his basic combos. Oracle is really easy if you don't try to be fancy and just use your stuff when it's obvious. His abilities are better understood in practice rather than by reading the text. Basically ulti is shallow grave, E is a nuke for finishing off people, Q is for stunning/purging/aoe combos, W is like fuck yo carry button.

Awesome, especially the dick impetus

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Its probably an experiment to see what happens, there isn't much more than their statement. They might be deciding to remake AP to be some form of Ban + Pick. They might want to see the pick trends without AP in the mess of it.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Its probably an experiment to see what happens, there isn't much more than their statement. They might be deciding to remake AP to be some form of Ban + Pick. They might want to see the pick trends without AP in the mess of it.
Just copy LOL ranked picks/bans. Best ranked.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
That doesn't make much sense, even dotabuff knows what mode a game is.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Removing AP is ... weird. I simply don't see the point.

I know people have been advocating for some kind of option that lets them restrict the FOTM heroes, but I honestly don't think it needs changing. Unless you are 6k +, you can pick RD and do just fine with a chance that your hated hero won't be there. All this does is fuck over the top tier of matchmaking, you need to spam FOTM and tryhard to reach 8k, nobody can claim to all heroes are balanced equal, much less all lineups and those guys also want to spam the heroes for practice for real matches. Now they really have nowhere to go, since practicing with the option that your chosen hero might not be available in 50%+ of your games is a waste of time. You might argue that you should get scrims running for REAL practice, but anybody who ever tried to organize something among 10 people knows that's a joke. I mean, why has the skill cap in Dota exploded over the past few years ? Ranked and tight matchmaking is definitely one of those reasons and letting everybody go full tryhard when they want to with the most broken heroes in the game is a part of that.

niss_sl

shitlord
My dota has been unplayable this last week (1-15s freezes essentially nonstop) without me changing anything with the computer or router. I've turned it off and on several times in hoping of fixing it but I don't think it's a router probleem

Speed test.net shows 50/10mgb download upload so can't be the connection. Anyone have any thoughts on the problem?

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching Dendi these days is fucking painful.

edit: He did redeem himself a bit there.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
No Diggity definitely looking interesting.

Kaipi on the other hand looks pretty meh at the moment, they're trying some different drafts like Kunkka but its not coming together. Cancel doesn't seem very impressive to be honest.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Speaking of kaipi, what's up with sing? I remember back in the old c9/speed gaming days the guy was a beast and a notorious try hard then after he was kicked he hasn't looked the same.. it doesn't seem like he's dropped off mechanically if you watch the stream he looks like he's every bit as good as any of the other Pros and I dont necessarily believe its the meta or hero pool because I remember in the days of the farming mid he wasn't even as good as he was back then. . Unrelated to that I've been having alot of fun playing Visage recently. Wish he was picked more in pro games

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think people have just gotten better and he has has played with so many top tier EU pros you know there has to be something behind the scenes why he is so ignored.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Guess that all makes sense. It's so wierd how some people just fall off. Wether it's hero pool, patch or w/e some just seem to go from great to trash ...

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played for the first time in a long time, and immediately reminded why I stopped playing this game and just watched for entertainment.

People in this game are just cancerous to humanity.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Speaking of kaipi, what's up with sing? I remember back in the old c9/speed gaming days the guy was a beast and a notorious try hard then after he was kicked he hasn't looked the same.. it doesn't seem like he's dropped off mechanically if you watch the stream he looks like he's every bit as good as any of the other Pros and I dont necessarily believe its the meta or hero pool because I remember in the days of the farming mid he wasn't even as good as he was back then. . Unrelated to that I've been having alot of fun playing Visage recently. Wish he was picked more in pro games
He's still pretty try-hard I think, at least you can tell when he's on a team as he stops streaming dota with any regularity.

I think people have just gotten better and he has has played with so many top tier EU pros you know there has to be something behind the scenes why he is so ignored.
From the c9 days I recall 1437 being very positive about him, and he's also played with CWM, Mad, Bone7 and a few other players a few times. As someone who watches Sing's streams, I'd rate him as a good mid in general but is only good at a couple carry & offlaners.

Overall I think there are too many mid & carry players in the scene at the moment, there aren't enough good offlaners, supports and captains to make good rosters. You'd think with mad & bone7 they should be able to build a team (e.g. go with mad, sing & bone, maybe get Pajkatt for carry and find a ganker), but apparently cancel is Bone's friend so...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dota 2 Vive VR viewer

a-glimpse-at-dota-2s-incredible-virtual-reality-spectator-mode-14598710676.gif

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Watching all the Vive promos, I'm definitely down for the VR once they get it into second/third gen.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
It's a good day brahs, went 5-0 while half in the bag. I don't like all pick being back, tbh. I have more fun bitching at my carries for not farming as supp; had a good game coming back from exposed ancient to winning as AM.