DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I got bitched out in two games consecutively by my team for going Vanguard on Void and Sven. I mean literally mic screaming, all caps typing, plus reports... Oh and both games, won 45 minutes in, I had the highest farm/kills.

It is a very good item this patch for melee carries. The early ring of health is very important to give you sustainability in-lane. The new 100% block rate gives a high level of survivability as the game moves into team fights. It basically allows you to win or at least not get shut out of the game in the laning phase, even if your support is shitty. Plus it is a cheap item now (2150g), that you are not going to feel bad selling if you want to late game. Or, for 1400g more you can graduate to Crimson if the other team is extremely right-click heavy.
Anything works in pubs, but Vanguard is a shitty item on both of those since in a typical game Void has jump and Sven has a ton of armor, so physical damage which is more about sustain is not a threat early on. Especially Sven scales so well with damage items thanks to his ulti and passive, that wasting your first 2k gold on an item that only helps you to not die - doesn't increase your farm, doesn't give you kill potential or mobility is a bad idea. If they have 5 melee carries and they keep going for your face? Be my guest, but basing your item choice on stupidity of your enemy isn't usually a recipe for success.

This is awesome:

who the fuck gave Ayesee a microphone again

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anything works in pubs, but Vanguard is a shitty item on both of those since in a typical game Void has jump and Sven has a ton of armor, so physical damage which is more about sustain is not a threat early on. Especially Sven scales so well with damage items thanks to his ulti and passive, that wasting your first 2k gold on an item that only helps you to not die - doesn't increase your farm, doesn't give you kill potential or mobility is a bad idea. If they have 5 melee carries and they keep going for your face? Be my guest, but basing your item choice on stupidity of your enemy isn't usually a recipe for success.

This is awesome:

who the fuck gave Ayesee a microphone again
I haven't tried it, but Waga did a video recently on Void vanguard into radiance which he used to grind to 8k.

I don't think vanguard is necessary on Sven, your sustain is better from helm of dominator which also allows you to stack ancients. He's tanky already.

Agreed on Aysee, one sentence in I was already annoyed. Also, is that one guy wearing lipstick?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I haven't tried it, but Waga did a video recently on Void vanguard into radiance which he used to grind to 8k.

I don't think vanguard is necessary on Sven, your sustain is better from helm of dominator which also allows you to stack ancients. He's tanky already.

Agreed on Aysee, one sentence in I was already annoyed. Also, is that one guy wearing lipstick?
Ah, watched it, it's safelane void, that makes more sense and he's working with some pretty solid timings like 20 min radiance, which is honestly game winning on almost any hero. If you misjudge and die once or twice, you are back to only a walking chronosphere.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ugh, Starladder is infested with annoying people its inescapable... Nehaz, Aysee, Kotlguy.... they're only missing Zyori, Clairvoyance and that aussie girl to have all the annoying people in one place.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't get to watch game 2, but game 1 they fucking crushed VG:R. Like, I've never seen Na'vi play that well (keep in mind I've only been watching Dota since TI5).

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't get to watch game 2, but game 1 they fucking crushed VG:R. Like, I've never seen Na'vi play that well (keep in mind I've only been watching Dota since TI5).
It feels like its been years since Dendi played anywhere near that well. Was nice to see.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dendi still got it?

2157-dendi-people.jpg

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think OG has been somewhat overrated, to me a big part of their win at Frankfurt is that they weren't even considered a dark horse to win the event. This would have meant that other teams put less emphasis on preparation for them (as opposed to say EG or Secret) but their style happened to end up working well for the patch. Afterwards they've seemed to trend back towards their pre-Frankfurt position, though perhaps its also related to needing to pass through the qualifying grind for every event to direct invites resulting significantly less official matches.

Its also interesting that about half the drafts that they're playing at Starladder are basically the same things they were doing 8-10 months ago. Such as the Moon Doom and n0tail brew combo.

It feels like its been years since Dendi played anywhere near that well. Was nice to see.
Dendi & Sonneiko have been pretty consistently good, its just they've never managed to get something that works around them imo.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Real talk tho, kinda feels good hearing Aysee back casting. He can be irritating but he's a great color commentator and keeps the analyst engaged.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'll repeat what I said after Dotapit - Shanghai major has been the event where everybody brought their A game for the patch, this event the top dogs seem to just rehash the same drafts and strats, whereas all the teams that had to brave the qualifiers had to keep evolving and come significantly better prepared and China seems to be waking up for the TI.

Ayesee improved a lot, he seems to be much better at knowing when to shut up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think OG has been somewhat overrated, to me a big part of their win at Frankfurt is that they weren't even considered a dark horse to win the event. This would have meant that other teams put less emphasis on preparation for them (as opposed to say EG or Secret) but their style happened to end up working well for the patch. Afterwards they've seemed to trend back towards their pre-Frankfurt position, though perhaps its also related to needing to pass through the qualifying grind for every event to direct invites resulting significantly less official matches.

Its also interesting that about half the drafts that they're playing at Starladder are basically the same things they were doing 8-10 months ago. Such as the Moon Doom and n0tail brew combo.

Dendi & Sonneiko have been pretty consistently good, its just they've never managed to get something that works around them imo.
I've got to agree after that VG:R game 1. That's one of the worst pro games I've ever seen.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
One thing about Aysee someone needs to tell him we don't do player introductions any more. With 0 minute bounty runes, early TPs, etc... it is almost prohibitive to casting.

Fy God, lol. That guy and couriers.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I can't watch games with Aysee. I'm sure he's a nice guy in person or something but I can't feel any excited or anything just annoyed

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The trouble I have with Aysee is the constant sports analogies & references.

This third game OG vs VGR, when Secret used the WR it was to create space for a harder carry but lycan... There is no way enchantress isn't changed somehow for the next patch, hero just does too much damage with two items.