DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I can't find a good list of upcoming matches. Seems like EG, Alliance, and a few others haven't played anything since the major. ESL Frankfurt is in two months but the qualifiers are coming up, I'm assuming EG will get a direct invite there, along with Alliance (already), IG and Secret as previous winners. Unless the roster shuffles put them back in the closed qualifier.

Shit, was going to say something else and forgot what it was...

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I can't find a good list of upcoming matches. Seems like EG, Alliance, and a few others haven't played anything since the major. ESL Frankfurt is in two months but the qualifiers are coming up, I'm assuming EG will get a direct invite there, along with Alliance (already), IG and Secret as previous winners. Unless the roster shuffles put them back in the closed qualifier.

Shit, was going to say something else and forgot what it was...
Liquipedia Dota 2 WikiLook on the right, then you have joindota/liquiddota calendar for specific games, although the latter has been missing some games recently. Next event is about a week away and if rumors are true, we will be getting 6.87 this week or the next at the latest.

In the meantime, there is Dreamleague, which has top notch production, but lacks the top tier teams.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
How big of a patch do you think 6.87 will be? It feels like this patch just dropped still.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
84 to 85 was about 5 months, 85 to 86 was 3.5 ish, so we're right in line timing wise. There was like 6.86e or f so it feels like a lot of adjustments, plus we just had the big spring cleaning patch.

Normal size?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I think it will be more along 6.85, probably no Arc Warden at TI this year. Just shuffle the fotm heroes a bit, but the meta stays the same, since I think it produces consistently good games and comebacks.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a mid player, I enjoy this meta the LEAST out of the last 5 or 6 patches or so. Invoker/OD/DP are just so strong, playing anything else vs those 3 is almost an auto-lost lane. Its very frustrating. At least last TI it was only Leshrac as an outlier power-wise. This time its 3 heroes, which means one or sometimes two slip through first phase bans.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone able to snag 2-3 extra's? I got to the payment screen, hit submit, and error'd out at 10:01am. So frustrating.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Stuck at searching...

For 20+ minutes now. Have not been able to locate any actual tickets, much less get to a cart to try and buy them. Fuck you Ticketmaster.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cannot believe they sold thousands of tickets in LITERALLY less than 30 seconds, because that is how long it took me to hit submit on the payment screen. It is a piece of shit system.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone able to snag 2-3 extra's? I got to the payment screen, hit submit, and error'd out at 10:01am. So frustrating.
I had the same thing. Had them in the cart then asked for CC Verification #, put that in and crash goes the process. Nothing for 15+ minutes after.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also trying to buy tickets. A few of us for our group are and no one can get any. Hate this system.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Got two tickets for the Finals, no luck so far for midweek. No idea if they'll actually be used or not, just kind of got them in case. Will post here later if they're up for grabs.

edit: Well, never mind. My phone sat here for 10 minutes twirling and finally clicked through. So now I have two midweek tickets also.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Got finals and midweek for me. My brother got 4 sets, 1 for him 1 for our other brother, unsure what will happen to the other 2 sets.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never understand why tickets go on sale so early, its still 4-months away. Who knows wtf they're doing in 4-months.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got bitched out in two games consecutively by my team for going Vanguard on Void and Sven. I mean literally mic screaming, all caps typing, plus reports... Oh and both games, won 45 minutes in, I had the highest farm/kills.

It is a very good item this patch for melee carries. The early ring of health is very important to give you sustainability in-lane. The new 100% block rate gives a high level of survivability as the game moves into team fights. It basically allows you to win or at least not get shut out of the game in the laning phase, even if your support is shitty. Plus it is a cheap item now (2150g), that you are not going to feel bad selling if you want to late game. Or, for 1400g more you can graduate to Crimson if the other team is extremely right-click heavy.