DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wow, the ending ceremony blew all TIs out of the water. Roshan got slain by a rapier.

The dota was good, but I still have no idea what the meta is shaping up to be like, I hope we don't stay with farming mid/safe+tempo controlling offlane and 2 supports running around the map. Alternatively you can shuffle those lanes around a bit if you run LD or Puck, but still. Also the nerfed Roshan really threw a wrench in a lot of the early strats.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is that the same thing as the compendium? Or is this somehow different?

Edit: Nevermind, read the whole thing. As someone who started after TI5, not sure how this works. Would it be worthwhile for someone who plays maybe 2-3 games a week to get it? I'm not sure how much progress I'd actually make at that rate.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Depends. Looks like they are keeping some of the things from the last battlepass (gambling, wheel of fortune, quests). If you like cosmetics, it could be good. Thing that sucks is Void's new hammer is going to devalue my immortal mace for him
frown.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looking at comments, it sounds like 40-60 is about the highest you can level it up (based on TI5) without spending money on levels. So...not sure I really play enough for it to be worthwhile. Kind of disappointing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The only reason I'm doing this one is because of the inclusion about adding to the TI prize pool. Unless I'm mistaken the other Battle Passes didn't state that? I have no problem dropping money on them if it actually increases the TI amount, but wasn't going to dump a lot of cash just straight in to Valve's pocket.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The amount of cosmetics, cursors, etc that you receive for the price of the base pass is extremely value. If you hit level 20 even on your pass, you will earn well more than the 9.99. This pass at least supports the players directly. A lot of people get mileage out of the quests, even if they stick to one path or type of hero for the duration. That said, the prize pool contribution is the best reason to buy the basic pass in my view. As fans we are responsible for driving money into the scene. For many people the 2.50 they contribute from the compendium may be the only 2.50 they put in all year to the esports economy. Likewise people with way too much money can spend thousands should they chose.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If you think you're stuck in a trench or progressed well past your current MMR, International Ranked All-Pick lets you recalibrate off 10 games. If you manage more MMR over 40 ranked games in the next 3 months - you can chose to place your trench mmr with your new one. Or it will shatter your illusion about what your "real" mmr should be. This is like a Pseudo ladder reset minus the entire smurf detection phase. Figured people should learn about this sooner than later, because 40 games is a decent commitment.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I have prepared my wallet and my anus, take it all Valve, take it now!

That said, thus one is like a damn supercompendium. For 10 dollars you get all the cool shit from the Winter Battle Pass (quests, betting, wheel of fortune) plus the compendium stuff like stretch goals, prize pool contribution, predictions, team and player pages, arcana vote, MVP match vote etc. I couldn't give a shit about the mmr reset as I don't play ranked (I calibrated for party and solo just under 4k) and pretty much just go all picking all the live long day.

But the hats...Jesus the hats. Immortals, terrain, taunts, courier, spell effects, that nonsense with the river. Dear god I want it all, starting with the omni hammer, enchantress rainbows are pretty sweet too.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So, any clue how much do I have to spend and play to get lvl 125 ? Because it feels like there is some level inflation happening this time around, almost all of the third chests are 100+

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
You've got 3 months to grind the levels you can, you can always purchase points on the final days to hit 125.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
man, whenever they release a new compendium it really makes me wish I played DOTA. They definitely know how to get their money out of people!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So, any clue how much do I have to spend and play to get lvl 125 ? Because it feels like there is some level inflation happening this time around, almost all of the third chests are 100+
I spent $50 and hit level 104. I question whether they held out on new sets for the last 3-4 months just to make the community hungry for this release. At one point, sets were being released weekly and that's definitely not the case anymore, not that I have a problem with it either. Getting a rare seems basically impossible these days. My stack and I dropped a decent amount of money combined and no one hit anything worthwhile.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The rewards go from one every 3 levels or so to one every 5 at Level 200 anyways.

Treasure III isn't unlocked until 167, so it looks like we'll be buying those individually for the sets.