DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I would disagree, the experience for the solo player is always completely awful. As someone who is solo 99% of the time even 3-stacks in general are bad as typically they all will pick cores and on average 1.5 of them are below the bracket skill often significantly.

How come it wasn't an issue for the years that we had that option while queuing? My experience as a solo player is every bit as important as someone who decides they want to stack.

I've played thousands of games solo, some of them are good, some of them are not good. I have the same experience when I stack. If you don't want to play with 3 stacks, then fucking play ranked. As a Solo you cannot be put with a 3 stack in ranked, it will never fucking happen, not once. Unranked allows all permutations of parties to queue, regardless of MMR or size. There are consequences of course. I think not allowing friends of all skill and party size to queue is far more damaging to the game in the big picture than disallowing it. Additionally your 1+4 and 1+1+3 party bitches do not happen in ranked, but you seem to conveniently ignore that fact. There are zero 1+4 ranked games of Dota being played today, tomorrow, and even last week. No, there is not a solution that makes you 100% happy, but that is because you are completely uninterested in any other reality but your own. I'm not even sure Dota is enjoyable to you, everything you post is a complaint. Queues, the game itself, production. Let us know something you really like about Dota in your next post, because I don't even have a clue what keeps you playing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Alliance was hinting at some changes, not roster related though. Not sure if it'll be coaching or player position, something else.

I thought EG said no changes, at least Zai said he'd be playing with Sumail and he said he wasn't leaving EG.

RTZ supposed to be on some new NA team?

The thread on Reddit is fun to watch and the off season shuffle could be interesting.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I think EG is staying the same. Through different sources it has come out that Sumail/Zai/Universe are staying and Fear/PPD are attending Pax or some other convention together representing EG soon. Rumor mill is RTZ + Crit on a team, possibly with Miracle, if not the other rumor is Miracle into Liquid who at the very least have booted FATA.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really don't understand these kids. They change teams like a high-school quarterback changes grillfriends. Have some loyalty to one another, stick it out, get better, and cash your checks. Team synergy is incredibly important in this game. I don't see how OG stays relevant after this.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I just think it is systematic of a whole bunch of issues and overall age of 'professional' eSports.

Age of the players, maturity, ego, lack of proper managers, team owners / organizations, players union, constant change of roster rules, and other stuff. The amount of money entering in to the scene and sponsors will force some of this stuff to stabilize over time otherwise it just becomes too volatile. Or us nerds keep driving TI up past $20M and no one else cares.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I really don't understand these kids. They change teams like a high-school quarterback changes grillfriends. Have some loyalty to one another, stick it out, get better, and cash your checks. Team synergy is incredibly important in this game. I don't see how OG stays relevant after this.

For the most part it makes rooting for teams pointless. You're basically left with rooting for individual players instead. No team is immune to it either.

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was going to say something like an LCS could be beneficial, while developed around the existing culture and way dota operates, but then I read this:

League of Legends esports is in chaos over low pay, untimely patches, and more

What a mess.

We've talked about tournament payout for teams / organizations and mostly agreed (I think) that the % splits for TI and the Majors could be revaluated to provide more stability for the lower placing teams, but could Valve be trusted to come up with a LCS style system? I like the current way things are with a few tweaks here and there and would hate to see some huge shake up or restructuring.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I read that on Dota2 reddit. Apparently Riot enforces bans on casters or teams from trying to get money from other sources (endorsements, twitch subs/donations, youtube ads, etc). Apparently the team themed stuff they sold before didn't actually yield any profits for the team itself: it all went to Riot.

They're a bunch of dumbfucks. DOTA esports isn't perfect, but it is infinitely better then the shit shoveled over with LoL and even LoL players acknowledge the DOTA2 pro games are far more entertaining.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've played thousands of games solo, some of them are good, some of them are not good. I have the same experience when I stack. If you don't want to play with 3 stacks, then fucking play ranked.

Why the fuck would I play ranked? I don't play all pick and my experience has been other than dealing with stacks the people quite simply more enjoyable to play with.

I As a Solo you cannot be put with a 3 stack in ranked, it will never fucking happen, not once. Unranked allows all permutations of parties to queue, regardless of MMR or size. There are consequences of course. I think not allowing friends of all skill and party size to queue is far more damaging to the game in the big picture than disallowing it. Additionally your 1+4 and 1+1+3 party bitches do not happen in ranked, but you seem to conveniently ignore that fact. .

I don't conveniently ignore it I choose not to play ranked. Stacks are the minority of ongoing games, if they can't find a fifth thats their problem it shouldn't be inflicted on the rest of us.

I but that is because you are completely uninterested in any other reality but your own.

Sounds like you're only interested in your reality.

I'm not even sure Dota is enjoyable to you, everything you post is a complaint.

Hardly.

IQueues, the game itself, production. Let us know something you really like about Dota in your next post, because I don't even have a clue what keeps you playing it.

Precisely what 'complaints' are you seeing by me about queues or the game? Everyone has complaints about production because it isn't perfect.

Sulrn

Deuces
Rethan, it doesn't hurt the game long term to reintroduce solo queue as an additional option for ranked and unranked. If anything it helps sell the game to people who are put off by pubstomps for the trade of an unnoticeable increase in queue time.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why the fuck would I play ranked? I don't play all pick and my experience has been other than dealing with stacks the people quite simply more enjoyable to play with.

You'd play ranked because it removes the chance of the situation you're complaining about actually happening, and is the more serious mode ... so you know... there aren't 4 stacks + 1, and there aren't 3k mmr differences on the same team. You can still play captains mode or random draft in ranked too...

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I realized yesterday that abyssal blade has an activate stun on top of the passive from basher... god damn is that ever legit lol

Definitely getting better i think, i haven't touched ranked yet to do my placements. Too bad dotabuff doesn't seem to guestimate your mmr? :(

I was having huge losing streaks when doing 4 man queues with another new player and 2 players that were around 3k mmr and one that was like 4500 or something. Stopped playing with the 3k guy and the other new guy and started winning a lot more. I wouldn't say it's getting carried by the 4.5k guy either really just the 3k player was insanely toxic and drove me insane lol

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Abyssal build up was just changed last patch too. It used to be much more of a DPS item using Demon Edge rather than the Vanguard. The reduced the cooldown of the active stun as well. Makes building in to it a little nicer for some as well.

• 1Solidarity

Sulrn

Deuces
Abyssal build up was just changed last patch too. It used to be much more of a DPS item using Demon Edge rather than the Vanguard. The reduced the cooldown of the active stun as well. Makes building in to it a little nicer for some as well.

Won't lie. I don't appreciate the Abbysal or Silver Edge recipe changes at all.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm up for games with board pals. I can stack, buy wards and also show in lane at low hp so AA gets me cross-map. Ask Fight. :)

• 1Like