DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is always important to determine how drunk I am before we play, although I am getting more responsible and letting Rethan know ahead of time or declining group invites!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm up for games with board pals. I can stack, buy wards and also show in lane at low hp so AA gets me cross-map. Ask Fight. :)
This man plays a great support. 100% win rate.

I always ask the Rerolled channel if anyone wants to play, but none of you fuckers ever do. Your loss!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His Timbersaw play is the reason they knock 5 teams out of the tournament. At least he made $700k this year, he earned it.

Cybsled

Reddit is awash with conspiracy theories. Moo was amazing on Timber and his BM rat in that EG game saved their ass. Moon is currently thought to be the replacement, as w33 posted "+n" on his Twitter and later deleted it.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Reddit is awash with conspiracy theories. Moo was amazing on Timber and his BM rat in that EG game saved their ass. Moon is currently thought to be the replacement, as w33 posted "+n" on his Twitter and later deleted it.

It has already been officially confirmed on DC's website. Moon in and Blitz is their new coach. Pajkatt going back to playing.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Take 2nd place, shuffle roster, makes sense. As a repeated self proclaimed DC fan, not too happy with the move.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
God I love DotA 2 drama. Moon just had a 20+ minute interview with BTS talking about things and stuff.

Rumor mill is churning that PPD possibly got booted from EG and Crit is in instead. Also that Fear is either retiring or stepping down and RTZ is back again (lol).

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I have come to the sad realization that unless you know someone else IRL who likes this game there really isn't a point in playing to just solo que into peru pubs

If they setup region firewalls this decade I'll prob reinstall

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
EG getting rid of ppd would be the most retarded change ever, he is the single reason that teams works. There's no other comparable captain in NA, besides Fear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Moon is fucking hilarious. His motivational speeches at the end of his strims were always epic.

EG would be shit-tier without PPD. While his individual play is merely solid, he is the synergistic glue that makes the talent (Sumail, Unigod, flavor of the month 4-positioner) have success. The rumor has to be bullshit.

Swagdaddy

PPD performs awfully in recent memory what are you talking about, his in game ability is arguably not even tier 1

I always assumed he played so poorly because he was so active as a shotcaller or something

Don't think getting rid of him is the right idea though, maybe just tighten up his mechanics in game a bit could hopefully go a long way

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know man, I have always thought it is best to judge supports and captains on wins and losses more than anything else. PPD does pretty good in that department.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Swagdaddy

I judge supports by early game impact, which PPD struggles to ever have

As a captain/drafter/shotcaller he obviously knows what he is doing

Just less games where he is like 2-14-4 while walking in circles doing nothing would be nice

It's too bad WW is shit because that was prob the only hero I've seen him play in a year where I was like "Wow he's actually having an in-game impact"

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but his 2-14-4 is impactful when 7 of those 14 deaths would have been on a core but were instead on a support pulling in 200 GPM and dirt poor. He is constantly in the right position to tank smoke ganks or provide an escape for a core that needs to stay alive. That's a pretty great skill outside of just being able to land a key stun or ice blast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think early game impact is actually the easiest. Staying relevant late is what separates a good support from shit-tier. Item useage , decision making, smoke usage/denial, etc. Anyone can zone an offlaner, or camp a rune, but try to survive and be relevant when carries are hitting for 400dmg a hit, thats when you'll notice who knows what they're doing and who doesn't.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
So, people mentioned playing together, but Dota is like the worst game to casually plan to 5 stack. Games are long, people shouldn't be sitting at their pc not queueing maybe waiting for a 4th/5th. The old guild was nicer than the chat channels for organization. In the spirit of people saying they want to play together, lets get some dates/times together that work for people. In house games are not generally fun and impossible to balance, but as many 5 man parties as we can create or just rotate one on a friday/sat night or something might be worth doing if people are into it.

For west coast USA people, we can probably start by 8EST if it extends into Europe. US East is probably the server that will have to be used so I hope people are ok with 100~ ping.

Anyways, lets get some names, times, and opinions on what days of the week, if we want to make a general guideline, or actually plan specific dates. And if no one gives a fuck, ok too!

Del

Vyemm Raider
EG getting rid of ppd would be the most retarded change ever, he is the single reason that teams works. There's no other comparable captain in NA, besides Fear.
PPD is like the John Stockton of Dota. He makes everyone around him better. NA Dota was pure shit before he came into the scene.