DOTA 2

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot of teams have a player or two that I like and root for. The exception? Chairman Mao and his party of autists on Cloud9/NP, lol. There are Chinese teams I would rather see do better.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Other than his over-inflated ego, I have never understood why Nahaz has a position and platform in the Dota community.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
He's pretty good at finding retarded statistics like amount of trees quelled by a P1 carry player within 3 feet of a Monster Energy Drink.

Thats about all i can think of though lol

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My history could be wrong, but he and noxville really drove the whole statistical analysis of games through datdota and back end crunching. Esports has been around for a while across multiple games, but Valve opened a ton of information up to the users and someone needed to come along and utilize it.

Having said that, and if you believe it, it doesn't change the fact that he never belonged on camera or to be a 'personality' that had any business being seen or heard. Guy is completely insufferable. Stay behind the camera, do your stats thing, and you probably get invited to an event to work that aspect. He just wanted more and thought he deserved it (I don't fault him that). But it ain't gonna happen.

• 1Like

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually like Nahaz. The fact that he's an actual economist/stats professor lends credibility to the scene , and it's nice to have an "older" personality to show that E-sports isnt just for teenagers anymore. He interrupts others way too much though, and is a bit TOO steadfast in his statistic beliefs, which is why Valve dislikes him I think.

The fact that Lumi and PyrionFlax got invited over Kotlguy/Nahaz is an absolute joke imo. What the hell have they done to justify an invite?

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
My history could be wrong, but he and noxville really drove the whole statistical analysis of games through datdota and back end crunching. Esports has been around for a while across multiple games, but Valve opened a ton of information up to the users and someone needed to come along and utilize it.

Having said that, and if you believe it, it doesn't change the fact that he never belonged on camera or to be a 'personality' that had any business being seen or heard. Guy is completely insufferable. Stay behind the camera, do your stats thing, and you probably get invited to an event to work that aspect. He just wanted more and thought he deserved it (I don't fault him that). But it ain't gonna happen.
Guy works in academia and is a professor, if that doesn't tell you that he doesn't know how to share the spotlight, nothing else will. However he is very smart in what he does and Bruno set the bar way too fucking high to begin with by being pretty much a perfect combo of statistician and entertainer. When he left, they wanted somebody else to give people the "stats". Still, he has his bright moments, the rap battle at Dreamleague was one of them.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fact that Lumi and PyrionFlax got invited over Kotlguy/Nahaz is an absolute joke imo. What the hell have they done to justify an invite?

Well, Lumi cast a bunch of TIs..... but for talent it isn't about what you've done in the last 12-months, its about how the person will fit into what they want to produce. Pyrion is a little odd, but I imagine he's doing what he did last year and isn't really casting/analyzing out of the group stage.

I'd say kotlguy mostly gets jobs because he works for BTS much like Zyori used to.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone received their tickets yet? Seems like last year we had them and the badge link page was already up.

My finals tickets show as being mailed, but my weekday show will call. No idea why they'd be different and I don't even remember there being a will call pick up the last two years.

I'll call TM again but yesterday there was a 30m wait to talk to anyone. Shit makes me paranoid each year.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I still havent gotten my midweeks either... i guess if you call within 5 days of the event they'll swap it to Will Call? i hope anyway...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My mid weeks were purchased under my wife's TM account with my credit card, so if I have to will call hopefully just the original credit card will suffice. Should be able to call tomorrow and see about getting it sussed out, just too much shit going on at work today.

Plus I was just in FSR on work's guest WiFi so I'm sure I'll be fired within the hour.

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
TI twitch channel has been playing all the classic games, fucking awesome reliving some of these and the ones I was there to watch live. Getting so hyped. Can't wait.